AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone found a birth announcement in public news paper for jayme? did they live in same house when she was born? I think they at least owned it, I just don't know if they lived there the whole time they owned it.

It's also called spotlighting, Wrenny.

I said ok.
But in Wisconsin it's called shining.
Shining It is illegal to: • use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining any wild animal while hunting or in possession of a firearm, bow and arrow or crossbow. This includes laser sights on firearms, bows and crossbows. Exceptions apply for Class C disabled permit holders and for hunting certain small game; see 2018 Small Game Hunting Regulations; • use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining wild animals between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. from September 15 through December 31 whether or not in possession of a firearm, bow or crossbow; Note: some areas may prohibit shining by local ordinance. Check with the local sheriff’s department or town officials for local shining restrictions. • shine at any time on federal refuges and Waterfowl Production Areas.
Source: Wisconsin DNR https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/2018huntingregulations.pdf

Two oddities in the crime: the panty thief and the neighbors’ timeline when they say they heard shots.

In an interview with DailyMail.com, neighbors of the Closs family said they heard two gunshots about 20 minutes before the 911 call was made. They thought it was a hunter in the area.

"I asked him, I said, 'Are those gunshots?'" Joan Smrekar recalled. "What makes us feel bad is because we didn't call in right away, that maybe we could have saved her."

Neighbors of missing Wisconsin girl heard gunshots 20 minutes before 911 call

Kyle Jaenke-Annis has been officially ruled out as a POI, but his arrest does show the house was kept under video surveillance after the murders/abduction. All the same, the investigators have no interest in him at all.

Back to the Smrekars for a sec. Maybe their account is *possibly* accurate. Jayme may have been hiding in the house, terrified, after the shootings. It took some time for the perp(s) to locate her and get her out. If that scenario works, then Jayme may have stepped out of hiding to grab her mom’s phone and was caught. The background noise may have been yelling from her abductors. I just can’t find a logical way it makes sense the killer(s) didn’t step more than 5 feet into the house, with the neighbors’ recollection of hearing shots fired, unless the abductor was watching through the windows, including the sliding glass door, after the parents were shot.

There is some missing information here, for sure. Not sure the investigators have it, hopefully they do, but it seems there is not much going on in considering the neighbors. But should their account be dismissed? IMO.

Last edited:
has anyone found a birth announcement in public news paper for jayme? did they live in same house when she was born? I think they at least owned it, I just don't know if they lived there the whole time they owned it.

Appears the Closs family has owned the home since 2001.

Check out the home I found in Barron

Hunting season is over with no sign of Jayme. Christmas Eve is tomorrow. No new leads, only new perspectives. Two other cases(Kelsey and Hania)solved or in process ,which happened b4 Jayme's abduction. What other methods can LE use to help this case? Provide the public with something solid..911 call..autopsy reports..something other than silence. Although saying nothing really is saying alot. Sigh. #Pray4Jayme

I asked the question about street cams way back in one of the first threads and the response was that the only intersection cam was at the intersection in front of Jenny O's and a picture was provided in the response.
also, that there were no cams on Highway 8. I'll look back and see if I can find it.

Hunting season is over with no sign of Jayme. Christmas Eve is tomorrow. No new leads, only new perspectives. Two other cases(Kelsey and Hania)solved or in process ,which happened b4 Jayme's abduction. What other methods can LE use to help this case? Provide the public with something solid..911 call..autopsy reports..something other than silence. Although saying nothing really is saying alot. Sigh. #Pray4Jayme
Actually hunting season for most animals & birds (not bear) open until Jan. 6 or 31st.
Hunting dates and deadlines - Wisconsin DNR

I think Sherriff’s plea to email tipline with anything that seems odd during holiday gatherings is wise. One good tip- just one...
UPDATE: Barron Co. Sheriff pleads for tips in Closs case over the holidays

Actually hunting season for most animals & birds (not bear) open until Jan. 6 or 31st.
Hunting dates and deadlines - Wisconsin DNR

I think Sherriff’s plea to email tipline with anything that seems odd during holiday gatherings is wise. One good tip- just one...
UPDATE: Barron Co. Sheriff pleads for tips in Closs case over the holidays

It would be good if Fitzgerald would give new info tomorrow so it’s Christmas chatter...

Where Denise found, was 911 call made before after shooting...is there more than one person heard on 911 tape... that would give a lot without saying everything.

I said ok.
But in Wisconsin it's called shining.
Shining It is illegal to: • use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining any wild animal while hunting or in possession of a firearm, bow and arrow or crossbow. This includes laser sights on firearms, bows and crossbows. Exceptions apply for Class C disabled permit holders and for hunting certain small game; see 2018 Small Game Hunting Regulations; • use or possess with intent to use, a light including vehicle headlights for shining wild animals between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. from September 15 through December 31 whether or not in possession of a firearm, bow or crossbow; Note: some areas may prohibit shining by local ordinance. Check with the local sheriff’s department or town officials for local shining restrictions. • shine at any time on federal refuges and Waterfowl Production Areas.
Source: Wisconsin DNR https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/2018huntingregulations.pdf
I never said otherwise.

Just to throw into the mix...

WS is probably the #1 site for unsolved crimes. What are the chances that the abductor/killer could be accessing WS w/o signing in OR having signed in as a member, collecting info as to what is known? Just something to think about before you go to sleep tonight...

Just to throw into the mix...

WS is probably the #1 site for unsolved crimes. What are the chances that the abductor/killer could be accessing WS w/o signing in OR having signed in as a member, collecting info as to what is known? Just something to think about before you go to sleep tonight...
And what would this person find out? That we collectively know next to nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi