AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a wooded area, albeit not on a highway, but I leave my porch light on at night. Some around me do and some don't. This had been mentioned several times concerning the Closs light. I'm wondering why. Do you feel it's a deterrent or no? Maybe I should turn mine off?tia

most around me turns theirs on and pay extra on their electric to have a add on night light on a pole. I leave mine off and have no add on. the light causes artifacts on my night vision cameras is why I choose no added light. also if I hear something outside or see something first thing I do is turn off any lights I have on inside. I was taught as a child that the light might comfort me but it lets anyone outside see where I am looking out.

most around me turns theirs on and pay extra on their electric to have a add on night light on a pole. I leave mine off and have no add on. the light causes artifacts on my night vision cameras is why I choose no added light. also if I hear something outside or see something first thing I do is turn off any lights I have on inside. I was taught as a child that the light might comfort me but it lets anyone outside see where I am looking out.
Exactly! Thank you. The cover of darkness is ur best bet! Light isn’t always the best way to go!

In MN where I lived, there was a discussion of online instruction but the problem is in rural MN there is not reliable interent service.

I cannot even imagine the incredible issues with handing out computers. Who is responsible if they get damaged?

Did Jayme’s school hand out computers?
We have a significant percentage of students who are rural in my school district (in MN). We do have laptops for all students. They do take them home. Snow days are now being reffeted to as "e learning" days. Students have work accessable via computer to do so make-up days are becoming a thing of the past. Everything the students need are online. Most students have internet. If they do not accomodations are made.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Hello and Welcome Removed for Profanity! Thanks for the thought-provoking post! I wonder if we're related, separated at birth. ;) Lordy, I disturb myself sometimes trying to get into the head of perps. This one is no different. Glad I'm not the only one. I always feel dirty after :/

MOO: I had some amateur perp-profile thoughts a while back, curious what you think. Perhaps that the perp killing the parents may be a psychological transference/projection; an indication of recent (a trigger) and/or long-time anger/rage feelings about his own parents? The second thing, given my perception of Jayme's innocence, classiness, wholesomeness, etc. as well as her age, the perp might have issues with women his own age. They're not good (clean) enough for him? I also wonder if he was away for a few years and came back to find either women his own age all married, in long-term relationships, or not suitable dating material?

I think he's confident in his firearm skills, there's a reason (experience), IMO. He didn't just find/have a gun and decide to do this on the spur of the moment. But he made an error with that 911 call going out.

If I could have access to one thing, it would be the ballistics report.

I live in a wooded area, albeit not on a highway, but I leave my porch light on at night. Some around me do and some don't. This had been mentioned several times concerning the Closs light. I'm wondering why. Do you feel it's a deterrent or no? Maybe I should turn mine off?tia
I leave my outside garage light on overnight too! I think it can't hurt.

Many of the classes here are offered online. They are often for extra credit. Teachers also have additional learning resources for students that are offered online. This has been pretty common for many years.
One of my grandchildren who is a senior will graduate with three college class credits he took online while still in high school. It isn't bizarre at all. In fact I find it bizare that it isn't the same in your country.
I can't quote figures, but no students are deprived or discriminated against because the school is in a lessor economic bracket. These devices are provided to the schools at a very reduced rate. Think of them as an electronic textbook only offering so much more to the student.
Small town here in SC..but my kids have had chromebooks since 7th grade..they are issued every year during the first week of school.

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Hello and Welcome Removed for Profanity! Thanks for the thought-provoking post! I wonder if we're related, separated at birth. ;) Lordy, I disturb myself sometimes trying to get into the head of perps. This one is no different. Glad I'm not the only one. I always feel dirty after :/

MOO: I had some amateur perp-profile thoughts a while back, curious what you think. Perhaps that the perp killing the parents may be a psychological transference/projection; an indication of recent (a trigger) and/or long-time anger/rage feelings about his own parents? The second thing, given my perception of Jayme's innocence, classiness, wholesomeness, etc. as well as her age, the perp might have issues with women his own age. They're not good (clean) enough for him? I also wonder if he was away for a few years and came back to find either women his own age all married, in long-term relationships, or not suitable dating material?

I think he's confident in his firearm skills, there's a reason (experience), IMO. He didn't just find/have a gun and decide to do this on the spur of the moment. But he made an error with that 911 call going out.

If I could have access to one thing, it would be the ballistics report.

A ballistics report would be good but not gonna happen. The more I think about this, the more prone I am to think ex-military, not to be negative about the military, of course. It's just that kicking in a door and taking out two people in seconds to minutes and not going inside more than 5 ft. definitely seems the killer knew what he was doing.

A ballistics report would be good but not gonna happen. The more I think about this, the more prone I am to think ex-military, not to be negative about the military, of course. It's just that kicking in a door and taking out two people in seconds to minutes and not going inside more than 5 ft. definitely seems the killer knew what he was doing.
I’ve been thinking the same bc of the tactics that were used, or ex Leo

The front porch is very small. I'm trying to think what it would be like for someone to open the storm door, lean back and kick the door open, take shots at someone, drag someone out of the house. I know its possible, but the porch doesnt leave much room to move around. Also there is a porch light directly in front of the door. I'm curious if the porch light works or was burned out. Not much room to conceal who is at the door

Your right ...Always thought that small porch was odd ...makes me think two people at door.. maybe each with target to eliminate in 10 to 30 seconds..

Either that or James has gun in face. Grabs barrel out of fear ... and goes bad quickly..

Perp(s) are human garbage so let’s hope karma steps her game up... soon....

Trying to think about this differently based on this post. What if the shooter wasn’t at the front door when the shots were made?

What if everyone is in bed, perp creates diversion/kicks in front door but then goes around to sliding door on deck and lays in wait? I think based on floor plan that would give the perp a birds eye view of parents coming out of bedroom, going to front door etc. There was also a lot of activity on that deck during initial investigation.

The 911 log says ‘multiple rounds spent’ but it doesn’t say that evidence was all at the front door, correct?

For example: *DIVERSION/DOOR KICKED IN* James goes to front door to investigate, totally unarmed, looks outside, sees nothing, perp steps in through sliding door and shoots James from behind.

Denise hearing shots calls 911. Jayme starts yelling from her bedroom something like MOMMY? DADDY! ARE YOU OK?!? WHAT WAS THAT? Etc. Denise exits bedroom into hallway to go to Jayme’s room, perp now has gun aimed at Denise, says something like hang up and toss the phone. She does, perp shoots her.

Perp walks five feet to Jayme’s bedroom, points gun at a stunned Jayme, says your parents are dead. Get up, you’re going with me.

If shots came from just inside glass door (which I think is side of house towards Smrekars), might also explain difference in ‘sound’ of shots. Maybe perp takes a step to left to shoot James so sound is a bit muffled. Steps to right to kill Denise.

moo. man I hate this!
wow, what a great new perspective! Thinking more along those lines. What if the 2 shots the neighbors heard earlier were a diversion to get James outside looking around, etc.?

What if he gained entry that way and locked James out and James kicked the door trying to get back in???!!!

We have a significant percentage of students who are rural in my school district (in MN). We do have laptops for all students. They do take them home. Snow days are now being reffeted to as "e learning" days. Students have work accessable via computer to do so make-up days are becoming a thing of the past. Everything the students need are online. Most students have internet. If they do not accomodations are made.

What accomodations? There are many areas on MN that do not have good internet. And there are families who simply cannot afford it

referring to earlier post about viewing....I don't think LE could say do or don't short of a court order.

about the firearm... my thinkings about it are simply did the killer have the skill, did they have the personality to have had put the dedication into gaining the skill and maintaining the skill. also firearm type could point to male or female, large person or smaller person, older or younger, flip temper killing or planned. some firearms are going to require more skill, some are going to require better sight, some are going to require certain physical things more than others. for example I have the skill to shoot a semi auto pistol, I don't have the wrist strength any longer to safely use one, I have no problem shooting, it is the stopping, I can stop when the clip is empty, the recoil causes me to fire it as fast as it chambers. if the results of my shooting like that was viewed it would say something about me. I think the firearm type, the ammo type, the manner of firing are screaming at least some clues and that LE knows a whole lot more than we do. MOO.

referring to earlier post about viewing....I don't think LE could say do or don't short of a court order.

about the firearm... my thinkings about it are simply did the killer have the skill, did they have the personality to have had put the dedication into gaining the skill and maintaining the skill. also firearm type could point to male or female, large person or smaller person, older or younger, flip temper killing or planned. some firearms are going to require more skill, some are going to require better sight, some are going to require certain physical things more than others. for example I have the skill to shoot a semi auto pistol, I don't have the wrist strength any longer to safely use one, I have no problem shooting, it is the stopping, I can stop when the clip is empty, the recoil causes me to fire it as fast as it chambers. if the results of my shooting like that was viewed it would say something about me. I think the firearm type, the ammo type, the manner of firing are screaming at least some clues and that LE knows a whole lot more than we do. MOO.
Yet I’m 5’1,110 on a good day, 43 and knocked out a few rounds with a dessert eagle .50. Hurt like heck the next day but I did it. So that being said, never underestimate the capability of someone if they mean actual business and need to get something done regardless of sex, height or age. This was at the range and dang near knocked me on my butt, however everything depends on the actual PERSON! 4 rounds is all I could do with that hand cannon, I know my limit. But this was “playing” and not a task...all this was a task, and expertly planned one...for “why”...who knows!

Last edited:
Yet I’m 5’1,110 on a good day, 43 and knocked out a few rounds with a dessert eagle .50. Hurt like heck the next day but I did it. So that being said, never underestimate the capability of someone if they mean actual business and need to get something done regardless of sex, height or age.

I am not saying absolutely can or can not. I am saying just by shooting the killer left a signature of a type and I think that could say something about the physical and personality. with your example don't you think you signed your target in a way? granted it wont have a name and social security number attached to it, but it says something and while local LE might or might not be able to read it I feel sure FBI can at least some.

I am not saying absolutely can or can not. I am saying just by shooting the killer left a signature of a type and I think that could say something about the physical and personality. with your example don't you think you signed your target in a way? granted it wont have a name and social security number attached to it, but it says something and while local LE might or might not be able to read it I feel sure FBI can at least some.
I sort of agree but we don’t know how confident this person was, their history, experience etc. I’ve seen military and cops my size, take folks down. I do believe there is some sort of tactical training involved here, leaving no evidence makes u wonder. I could tell you how to leave no evidence, thanks forensics classes! Cops know more about evidence than military...just saying

I've completely worked myself up in a tizzy LOL, sorry to get carried away. It just feels good to brainstorm some new ideas after all this time with so very little information.

The tree lighting ceremony and recent picture of Jayme on her front step holding Molly really brought the magnitude of this crime to me again. Such an innocent , loving little family, gone and never to be the same.

I sort of agree but we don’t know how confident this person was, their history, experience etc. I’ve seen military and cops my size, take folks down. I do believe there is some sort of tactical training involved here, leaving no evidence makes u wonder. I could tell you how to leave no evidence, thanks forensics classes!

MOO. their style will be telling how confident and experienced. not just choice of but the style that goes with each person. not for one minute do I think someone could go in and do this and stay in a cookie cutter style.

MOO. their style will be telling how confident and experienced. not just choice of but the style that goes with each person. not for one minute do I think someone could go in and do this and stay in a cookie cutter style.
This is by no means cookie cutter! I can’t say my true thoughts publicly without another “time out” here.

I am viewing the firearm and shooting in the same way I would view tire tracks if they existed. just a example but a car with four different tires with one being a different size would say something, just as four alike with even wear would say something else. the shooting no matter how perfect or unperfect is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90