AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been checking in periodically but I didn’t see this posted in the Media thread so I’ve posted it there.

Police canines in Wisconsin hunting down child predators

Nothing gets by the people in this forum but I did a couple of searches and didn’t see anything about this (no I did not read all the threads I missed).

The text of the article is cut off right when it starts to talk about Jayme (at least for me) so you’ll have to watch the video. Around the 2 minute mark.

Did we know this? I didn’t. Could have just missed it.
Thank you for sharing this......It was mentioned in an earlier thread about the dog finding an electronic tablet.

The perp for Jacob Wetterling was barely literate. He started drinking at age 5, I think it was. He didn’t learn the alphabet until later, maybe 8 or so.

He really was blatant but nobody saw it. Not the scores of FBI, the media, nobody,

Can this perp be hiding in plain sight? He has to have a history of child abuse in his childhood. But that could be a lot of people there.

What are some of the other things that killers like this have in their backgrounds?

Usually some kind of burglary

So does this imply, then, that there was a tablet hidden in a place that officers would not have discovered if it wasn’t for the dogs?
Maybe..... This got discussed pretty well a while back with no conclusion being reached. Guesses ranged from a school issued item to a *advertiser censored* collection....LOL !

The perp for Jacob Wetterling was barely literate. He started drinking at age 5, I think it was. He didn’t learn the alphabet until later, maybe 8 or so.

He really was blatant but nobody saw it. Not the scores of FBI, the media, nobody,

Can this perp be hiding in plain sight? He has to have a history of child abuse in his childhood. But that could be a lot of people there.

What are some of the other things that killers like this have in their backgrounds?

I’ve been thinking about this too.

For a person to carry out such a violent attack and possible abduction THAT fast and without attracting the attention of locals, I am guessing they too are local...or have frequented the house before and knew the terrain.

I almost imagine someone who lives within a couple mile radius, who took back roads there and back, who has access to property to conceal a body or hold a girl hostage.

I really wish we had a verified profiler here at WS. This case is very bizarre and would be surprised if it can be placed by a profiler. Nothing fits..jmo

I thought someone on here said there were billboards of Jayme's face on North Carolina and some other state! I have been to places where they have an 8x10 photo in convenience stores and gas stations of young people who are missing. I'm surprised they don't have that in her hometown!

This is what I mean--I have heard people say they have billboards in Georgia, New York, California, etc. Why not on a main corridor from the Twin Cities metro area of MN to WI/her home area or at least in her home area? Perhaps it is not an easy thing to do, I have no idea but I think it would be a good idea to do so if possible. imho.

Can this perp be hiding in plain sight? He has to have a history of child abuse in his childhood. But that could be a lot of people there.He may

He may have had learning difficulties in school with educational diagnosis of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) which makes learning to read etc. extremely difficult because he can't focus, he may have ODD which is oppositional defiant disorder.

I also considered this possible scenario...

A man who the family knows arrives on the scene and knocks on the door. Mr.C goes to the door while Mrs.C grabs her phone and inches that general direction too. Initially, they are just checking things out and maybe tell Jayme to stay in bed, if she even woke up at all. The family “friend” suddenly shoots Mr. and Mrs.C rapidly, then stashes his gun in his car, and quickly returns calling Jayme’s name—claiming that he heard gunshots and is there to rescue her and they need to leave quickly...

From the article- why understanding the timeline and acquaintances are important. Thanks, Bernard Shakey.

Jim Trainum, a former homicide detective for the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington D.C. who now serves as a consultant on criminal cases, said creating a timeline of the victims’ lives is an important step by police agencies investigating the Closs case.

Trainum said cases generally go cold “after all of the reasonable leads have been exhausted,” but he doesn’t put the Closs investigation in that category.

“I’m sure they will keep working it for some time — until there is nothing else to follow up on,” Trainum said. “I’m sure they have working theories — more than one.”

Timelines of the victims, he said, “give you such a great understanding of what was going on until that point.”

“(Detectives) concentrate on the immediate time frame and start working back. Most murders are committed by a person who knows the victim. Start with associates and work farther out.

“We’re getting better at knowing the victim. What about them made them a victim? The more that you know about the victim, the better.”

Jayme Closs vanished after her parents were murdered in October. Has the case gone cold?

Maybe..... This got discussed pretty well a while back with no conclusion being reached. Guesses ranged from a school issued item to a *advertiser censored* collection....LOL !
I remember the discussions, but I don't remember if it was the FBI that brought in the dogs. These two dogs are high profile and I would think it would take a pretty good suspicion to get them in so quickly. Are these type dogs used in other crimes of this nature as routine? Using this type canine as well as leaving cameras at the location doesn't seem standard to me.jmo

This was hotly debated in the JonBenet Ramsey case. If you google that case and the pineapple in her stomach I’m sure you’ll learn a lot that may be helpful. Keep in mind that case took place in the 90s (?) so info maybe a little behind current technology.

It was actually the pineapple in the JonBenet case that made me think of this. Although I have not read about it lately, I remember vividly it being part of the case/debate. I would assume just like other forensics, determining time of death has probably also advanced in technology but I have no idea.

I remember the discussions, but I don't remember if it was the FBI that brought in the dogs. These two dogs are high profile and I would think it would take a pretty good suspicion to get them in so quickly. Are these type dogs used in other crimes of this nature as routine? Using this type canine as well as leaving cameras at the location doesn't seem standard to me.jmo
I’m mostly wondering if it was just my bad memory when it was reported that electronic dogs were searched - I thought they found nothing. I don’t recall reports of them removing a tablet. If the tablet *was* new info in December, has LE commented about it since then or are all of the comments about ‘no online clues’ ‘no boyfriend’ etc from before the info about finding a tablet was released?

If this perp was from one of the very small surrounding towns with populations of 200 or so, and there are many of them, the town/family may close around and protect him and may provide an alibi. LE would then have to build a case from facts they can prove and that is difficult.

Something that helps to keep in mind is that real life isn't like the movies, the police can't learn everything about every party involved with a crime just hours after it happens. It could take weeks, months, or longer. A lot of questions have come up about social media, but not everyone posts their life online. Even kids now are smart about what they put out there and who they talk to. I think any online trail is probably pretty sparse, so most investigation would involve feet on the street and that can take a long time.

One thing I don't doubt is that the police have good leads, and they will find out who the perp(s) are if they don't already know. It could just be a matter of collecting enough evidence to make an arrest. As others have said, the police don't have a problem asking for help when they need it. The fact that they're keeping so much information secret tells me they have a lot of leads to track down yet.

And the sheriff and FBI investigating!!!

3500 population
Take away women and kids 10 and under..
Your down to 1500...

Maybe elderly take away down to 1000 men
If they can’t figure POI/Perp from that gotta be truck driver or perp lives in other town.

Either that or Smrekars snapped cause Closs refusal to RSVP Halloween party was last straw.

Last edited:
3500 population
Take away women and kids 10 and under..
Your down to 1500...

Maybe elderly take away down to 1000 men
If they can’t figure POI/Perp from that gotta be truck driver or perp lives in other town.

Either that or Smrekars snapped cause Closs refusal to RSVP Halloween party was last draw.
I know this is a very serious situation, but that's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya