AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was questioning this earlier as well. Maybe they took her in the 1/2 hour time between gunshots and 911 call?? There was a lot of noise in the background but what if it was Denise yelling to james (somewhere in an earlier thread there was a quote that he was still alive when the police arrived). Or the dog barking. It might not have been the intruders that they heard. Maybe Denise was yellingnfor Jayme (but she was not there) This seems to fit with the “suicide” theory because if the intruders were yelling it might have been classified as a home invasion not suicide by the 911 operator . Plus-LE didn’t notice the door had been kicked in right away and they didn’t declare Jayme missing right away. I think they took her and left when the neighbors heard the shots.

Just to clarify a couple things. Sheriff has stated both James and Denise were killed instantly when shot. James would not have been alive when police arrived. And the 911 operator, as shown in the call log, did not declare this a suicide. It's the officers responding to the scene that made that initial statement TO the dispatcher.

Yes, they are listed in the document I'm seeing. Cheyenne is 18. JLR is 17. But that is not all. There is a JLC, blacked out because she is a minor, a male, 44, named RN and a female, 46, named JS.

The top of the dispatch log gives the details on all the individuals involved - people the officers had contact with as well as the victims. In order they are listed in the log, these people are: a family member of Denise, the 2 girls in the car that kept driving by, Jayme, another family member of Denise, and then the 2 victims

I think Fitzgerald is likely got to figure out false alibis...

Parent/ girlfriend cover for perp only last so long.. still could be vehicle on cam/ 19 yr old friend to jayme/ nut from neighborhood...

Something is being covered up...I could see parent or brother lying for 19 yr old...that’s why this is not solved...

Gotta get somebody to crack...

Based on the fact this is a small town, I suspect the abductor is local or that Jayme gave out personal information which led to her kidnapping.

My point is..there is no way times can be exactly right. The time they saw James and the time they spoke it into their radio could be minutes off and the same is true when they found Denise. Plus you've got multiple officers reporting to the operator. Does anyone think what's reported is the exact time it was determined or done. I sure don't.. I think they accomplished quite a bit in three hours. I bet they ruhe the day they released the call log. I'm afraid that might be a reason they haven't released anything else important.

The call log is a legal document.

The times in the log are computer generated and real time as the dispatcher enters the call (or from a computer interface).

These times are very unlikely to be minutes off.

I wanted to check in, I talked to my brother in law that is an assistant chief at a PD, and to my surprise he knew nothing about this case. We are like five states away, but I still would have thought a crime like this would have perked his ears up. Anyway, I asked him to do some reading on it and pay particular attention to how LE has interacted with the public. I’m hoping he can tell me that if they are doing this, then this is probably what’s going on behind the scenes...maybe then we can find a new angle to explore...?

Based on the fact this is a small town, I suspect the abductor is local or that Jayme gave out personal information which led to her kidnapping.

Could be but just because the community is small doesnt necessarily mean the killer/kidnapper is local. imo

There have been several cases where predators from other cities and even states have gone into small rural communities casing out homes to invade resulting in multiple murder victims and then a kidnapping of one or more victims.

Most victims who had been kidnapped were later found murdered. Some of the abducted children's bodies have never been found but LE in those jurisdictions presumed they have also been murdered by the murderer/kidnapper.

I live in a rural area as well but our street is well traveled since it's a shortcut to get to one of our main boulevards. The honest truth is none of us ...no matter where we live really know who all is passing by our homes on any given day.

We may meet them on the street in our vehicles and throw up our hand in a friendly wave assuming they have a legitimate reason for being in the area. Yet they very easily may not even be from our area but are actually there targeting homes and certain intended victims they see.

It just seems logical to me if the suspect was a local in such a small community they would have already connected them to this case.

The hardest cases for LE to ever solve are those where there is absolutely no link....not even a small connection...between the suspect and any of the victims involved. Those are typically the cases that languishes for many years or even decades.

From the countless unsolved cases I have seen on ID what usually winds up solving them is when a long term relationship has finally ended who was close to the suspect. Then they will come forward and tell LE what they had known for many years but were too fearful to tell anyone while still around the violent criminals.

I'm afraid this case may be heading the same way.

jmoo

Last edited:
This case is so bizarre to me. I keep thinking that LE has much more than they are acknowledging to the public. I'm hoping that anyway. How can there be no leads? Also, if they know that the murderer was only in the home for a total of four minutes, how could someone have been restrained and tied up in a chair and killed all within 4 minutes? I just don't see how that would be possible, unless they were professional killers. Any rumors that the wife was having an affair? Any major debts owed to people? Any online activities on Jayme's part? I just find it so mystifying how in today's modern world of science & technology, we know absolutely nothing.

Wow, you're judging her by the way she looked in a few photos! Just because she wore makeup or more teenish clothes, whatever the case, her personality and character and interests have been well discussed by not only her relatives, but dance teacher, etc. Jayme was a recently turned age 13 new teen, and she had just been recovering from pneumonia week previously. I don't think she had a thing to do with her own disappearance. All teen girls experiment with makeup and clothes, it doesn't make them seem more likely to be 'involved' with their own disappearance. Poor girl!

As I stated, my opinion only. I haven’t seen where this theory has been ruled out.

Remember the press conference with Jayme’s two aunts? They spoke to Jayme as if she had a choice to return home. They appealed to Jayme, they didn’t appeal to someone else to let her go. Speaking directly to Jayme:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...es-emotional-appeal-to-niece_2699172.html/amp
13 year old girls can and do have boyfriends. Not saying Jayme did but it could be a possibility.

There are quite a few missing details to this case and we are all making guesses and possible scenarios.

I stated that when the only photo I had seen was the younger, childlike Jayme I had dismissed the possibility that Jayme had a boyfriend, or a crush on anyone, etc. Possibilities that some other members had suggested. In the early photo she looked, in my opinion, like a girl who would be more likely to play with dolls than have a boyfriend.

In the more recent photos I could see possibly she was becoming an age and attitude that she would capable of having an interest in boys.

Often girls who begin to wear makeup also start thinking about boyfriends around that same time. My own opinion and experience.

I still think it is not as likely that she had anything at all to do with her disappearance but in my opinion nothing can be ruled out at this time by MSM links or LE statements.

And believe it or not, sometimes dance teachers, relatives, etc. can be unaware of some of a teenagers interests or crushes. Again, not stating this as fact in this case but it happens.

BTW, do you have a link for the pneumonia a week previously? That is one article that I hadn’t seen.

Dear all,

I am hoping you can help me. I have been looking at the Police logs and I am trying to find out the following abbreviation/acronym means in LE language

CFS# followed by BNSO and a number just curious. Any ideas Google is sending me on a wild goose chase.

Apologies if this has been discussed. IIRC, the Closs home is set slightly back off a major hwy. Was it that same highway where Jayme would stand and wait for the school bus?

Further, is this not the way that many trucks come and go to the Jennie O plant?

In reading up on this 280 mile stretch of highway that goes through MN, WI, and MI, it's a fascinating study and certainly not without controversy.
U.S. Route 8 - Wikipedia

It would seem that those who made routine hauls past the Closs house/Jayme's bus stop would be good people to question. I originally thought that the Perp would soon after change their route, but perhaps not. Perhaps driving past the Closs home on their routine hauls would nourish their memory of the night in question.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The only person LE has ruled out officially and made public is the guy who took the underwear. He must have had an albi that can’t be challenged, i.e jail or some sort of psychiatric hold maybe? Anyway, they were quite definite about it, and he is unlikely to have any links to the murders.
Jmo

Dear all,

I am hoping you can help me. I have been looking at the Police logs and I am trying to find out the following abbreviation/acronym means in LE language

CFS# followed by BNSO and a number just curious. Any ideas Google is sending me on a wild goose chase.

I asked about this many, many threads ago. I was told that CFS = "Call for Service" and the BNSO is the abbreviation for Barron Sherrif's Office.

ETA - I dont' think we ever figured out why there were 2 BNSO case numbers (1831604 & 1831605), though, and why they were so quickly merged together. Something had to trigger 2 cases being opened up.

Dear all,

OK, at last, I have found it.

Call For Service
So now I want to know why there are two different Call for service reference numbers. The original CFS# BNSO 1831604 page one and then BNSO1831605 page 4 does anyone have any idea or is it just a typo.

I asked about this many, many threads ago. I was told that CFS = "Call for Service" and the BNSO is the abbreviation for Barron Sherrif's Office.

ETA - I dont' think we ever figured out why there were 2 BNSO case numbers (1831604 & 1831605), though, and why they were so quickly merged together. Something had to trigger 2 cases being opened up.
LOL you beat me to it Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member