AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am tired and I have a nasty cold but right now I can think of no way they can know that he answered the door unless one of the 3 victims told them that or they overheard it in the 911 call. There probably are plenty of ways they could but I can't think of a darned one right now :)

IMO it's helpful to remember that what is in the dispatch log is simply the first impressions of the LEOs who arrived on the scene. James answering the door is not necessarily a fact supported by any of the evidence collected later. It only indicates that to a LEO at the scene it appeared as if James had answered the door. All this may tell us is his body position in relation to the door made the LEO think that. MOO.

IMO it's helpful to remember that what is in the dispatch log is simply the first impressions of the LEOs who arrived on the scene. James answering the door is not necessarily a fact supported by any of the evidence collected later. It only indicates that to a LEO at the scene it appeared as if James had answered the door. All this may tell us is his body position in relation to the door made the LEO think that. MOO.

True. It is first impression, a major crime and a scramble to handle several things at once with a very unexpected major crime which I doubt they expected when they headed there.

Thank you. This is exactly what I have been trying to say for days.

With all due respect, there are people who would disagree with that. Maybe it would depend on the underlying nature of the druggie, the extent of the use and what drug. There are many cases that support that. I agree it is not true of all each and every day because if it was this county would see more of such crimes with the meth there and they do not. Just keeping an open mind... This crime was apparently a first here, a double murder...

That's it, thank you. I knew it was some fictional online character and that it was in Wisconsin. While far different, it does show taking something from a screen to attempting it in real life. One girl dead, two girls committed for a long time to come and three families probably devastated. I do not think this is the most likely scenario by any means but it shows such things do happen and these girls were quite young.
the girl didn't die. thankfully she was able to get help and is alive

the girl didn't die. thankfully she was able to get help and is alive

Thank you for telling me that. I could not remember the "Slenderman" thing nor the case exactly. It is awesome to know she survived, I could not have told you that. What she went through was horrible but an outcome where she survived is the best one could hope for.

Thank you for telling me that. I could not remember the "Slenderman" thing nor the case exactly. It is awesome to know she survived, I could not have told you that. What she went through was horrible but an outcome where she survived is the best one could hope for.
I am from wi, it's a case we hear about often. stabbed 19 times and still managed to flag down someone. she is a survivor

Back to the dog, Molly, for a sec.

Jayme Closs' aunt makes public statement to missing girl

Molly was found at the scene, as we all know. Since she appears to scratch at the screen door to get out, it could be irksome at times for the family, and it does appear there was not any kind of fencing around the house to just let her go on her own means. She could be the type of dog who steps out, does her business, and comes right back, don’t know. She may need to be on a leash by an owner to do her business.

There was a pic here earlier where the Dude recognized a retractable dog leash (I think it looked pink) on some sort of meter on the deck side of the house. That may be a clue the dog needed leash led potty breaks.

With the front door open when the officers got there, Molly might have been gotten outside, or possibly back inside.

Not sure where Molly was found, but recall she was found that night (outside or inside, not sure that has ever been noted) and taken to one of the aunts.

Random, I know.

is it likely at all that she might be alive? whoever took her wouldn't want her testifying?

it's very possible she's still alive, but IMO it all depends on the motive. Jaycee Duggard, Elizabeth Smart, Shasta Groene...they were all found alive, but that's because the perp wanted them. In all those cases the perps actually wanted to have a "relationship" with the girl in their own sick way, and wanted to force them into a Stockholm Syndrome type situation.

If this person felt like they were "saving" Jayme, or if they just wanted her specifically, i think there's a good chance they wouldn't hurt her and she could still be alive. But if James and/or Denise were the target and Jayme was taken to throw LE off, or if she was taken in a panic, I highly doubt she's still alive :(

Everyday that I wake up and there's nothing new, I'm heartbroken. Please let Jayme come home now...when i wake up tomorrow morning I hope I see that she has been found.

Beats me!

Why Jayme wasn’t killed inside the house is the most stymying part. I know the investigators believe she was in the house (I believe that may be something from the 911 call) but, in trying to make sense of it, is trying to find a way that is possible, that Jayme was in the house. You would think there would be footprints in the blood if the perp(s) went through the front door of the home to drag her out, or she would have stepped through it if a gun was pointed at her and was forced out the front door.

So two theories, and both involve the deck on the side of the home.

1) The screen door off the deck might be another entry or exit point. No word one from the dispatch report if it was opened or closed or locked when first responders arrived. The door off the deck could be a way she could exit (as I recall, her bedroom was close to that area) and was caught in the yard.

2) Two people were involved. One breached the front door. The other was stationed on the deck.

My opinion only.

I agree, and at first it seemed like the right way to go by authorities, to keep things to themselves. But now it seems to be the opposite case, with confusion galore. I know we have discussed this before, but did we reach any conclusion as to whether or not finding the address on google correctly plus the nearby drug house which was raided at same time frame as the Closs murders had anything to do with it? i.e. wrong house attacked in a huge mistake?!
Anything's possible, even the police raid wrong homes on occasions. At this point every theory is in play.

I agree, and at first it seemed like the right way to go by authorities, to keep things to themselves. But now it seems to be the opposite case, with confusion galore. I know we have discussed this before, but did we reach any conclusion as to whether or not finding the address on google correctly plus the nearby drug house which was raided at same time frame as the Closs murders had anything to do with it? i.e. wrong house attacked in a huge mistake?!
I remember that early on....wow, 30 threads later. I don't think we came to unanimous decision lol, but I think just about anything is possible at this point.

Wasn't James missing from the afternoon get together that Jayme and Denise attended that night because he was working? Or is that rumor? TIA

Wasn't James missing from the afternoon get together that Jayme and Denise attended that night because he was working? Or is that rumor? TIA

not a rumor, i do believe this info came straight from Denise's family although i don't have the source for it readily at my fingertips right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485