AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a clue he in the home when the crime started, for sure. Do you have a link?

I think it would be important to add the evidence James was home to the timeline from Whiskers16 at the start of each new thread.

That and the link to phone call with Denise and her sister, where DC said everyone was home.

“Jayme’s phone was found in the house, along with those of her parents, Fitzgerald said.”

A month after Jayme Closs vanished, the feeling in her hometown is 'very dark'

I don't intend to be rude, but did you personally know her? short of personally knowing her all we know is what others have said and there may be other parts of her life that they haven't said. I don't think anyone intends any harm to her reputation we just don't want to leave rocks unturned. IMO it would be a greater regret to have not considered all that could be than to look back latter and maybe the answer was under the rock we didn't look under the whole time. I am sorry it upsets y0u, but she could have had contact with a unknown to family boyfriend or other.
I don't mean to be rude, but that was my opinion and the opinion of others who have also followed this case from the beginning. I am only upset for family members who have to deal with theories that the sheriff and authorities have ruled out already.

Last edited:
As a footnote to my posts earlier today - my comments were about electronics forensics. No specific individual or known device was mentioned. ANY connection to a specific individual is the full responsibility of whoever connects their own dots.

Now then, before I proceed I would like to refer everyone to page 1, post 5 of this thread. We're cleared for takeoff.

1) With the empirical data that we have been provided, it is equally plausible that Jayme could have been compliant/complicit as it is that a random meth addicted turkey truck driving sex offender absconded with her across Lake Superior into Canada.

2) Statistical probability tells us that abduction by a sex offender would equal a very low probability that Jayme is still with us. It would also show that the greatest chance of her still being alive would include some form of cooperation/compliance/complicity.

Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule, but a proper investigation cannot rule out possibilities based on emotion.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to be rude, but that was my opinion and the opinion of many others who have also followed this case from the beginning. I am only upset for family members who have to deal with all of the theories that the sheriff and authorities have ruled out already.

I haven’t seen a report that LE has ruled anything out yet, except the man who broke in and stole her underwear.

I am ‘flummoxed’ as to why people would use or define ‘boyfriend’ interchangeably with ‘sexual predator,’ ‘pervert’ or ‘pedophile.’
I haven’t seen a report that LE has ruled anything out yet, except the man who broke in and stole her underwear.
I have and Moonsie quoted what the authorities said in an above post. If I had time I would go back and retrieve any additional info. from past threads.

Last edited:
It should show in the router log in the house as there will be one of those if all you are using is WiFi.

Might a smarter option for a person wanting to or needing to hide online activity be to use a 3G or LTE signal. If Jayme was given a phone or device from someone who had the device connected but not needing wifi, if the device went with her and a perp could LE trace it?

Something to add, there are three potential cell phones. We know Denise had one, since the 911 call was placed from it. We know Jayme had one, since it was charging in the kitchen. I assume James had one, as well, since the landline was disengaged, and not cut (thanks, to the Dude for helping understand that).

Since there is no digital footprint, it could mean the killers had not communicated with any of them prior to the crime through any app, any text, or any of their devices.

IMO, that leaves it open to a more personal connection.

Or they were not all of the devices, hence the electronic sniffing dogs. Not saying it is the case just saying it is a possibility based one one of the very few facts.

"Verizon Wireless" very likely was the placeholder for Denise's phone and the call taker wouldn't know it was Denise's phone until they called back the number. So my best guess is when the call came in it popped on their system as VERIZON WIRELESS *advertiser censored*-*advertiser censored*-XXXX and was logged by the system as that (this would be the very top section of the call report on page one where all the parties involved are listed). Later it was removed because it was Denise's phone and Denise was also one of the involved parties and her number would be associated with her rather than the generic "Verizon Wireless".

Thank you for responding to this. It fits and makes sense. I appreciate it.

That’s where I get confused by James’ timeline. Someone posted here several days ago there was a quote in the media that Denise was on the phone with her sister at 10pm and everyone was home, accounted for. I just never saw the quote.

Pretty sure it came from the sheriff. I actually saw it, just can't remember which interview. It may have been Daily Mail which wrote a piece but there is also a video/interview that goes along with it. I guess though it does not mean anyone did not head back out for any reason after 10 p.m....

Might a smarter option for a person wanting to or needing to hide online activity be to use a 3G or LTE signal. If Jayme was given a phone or device from someone who had the device connected but not needing wifi, if the device went with her and a perp could LE trace it?
Well if so, that phone would show up in a cell tower dump as a phone located at or very near the Closs home on as many occasions as it was used and law enforcement would be looking into the history of that phone and would have a good chance of identifying who has ever been associated with that phone.

I broke down the main call log earlier!

I'm talking about the joined call. Wrenny's suggestion may be correct, though.

I must have missed it. I thought no one answered until she did.

As a footnote to my posts earlier today - my comments were about electronics forensics. No specific individual or known device was mentioned. ANY connection to a specific individual is the full responsibility of whoever connects their own dots.

Now then, before I proceed I would like to refer everyone to page 1, post 5 of this thread. We're cleared for takeoff.

1) With the empirical data that we have been provided, it is equally plausible that Jayme could have been compliant/complicit as it is that a random meth addicted turkey truck driving sex offender absconded with her across Lake Superior into Canada.

2) Statistical probability tells us that abduction by a sex offender would equal a very low probability that Jayme is still with us. It would also show that the greatest chance of her still being alive would include some form of cooperation/compliance/complicity.

Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule, but a proper investigation cannot rule out possibilities based on emotion.

<modsnip>

With today’s technology, I know where I work, I have a caller ID on my desk phone. (I know, an antiquitated relic, but I would assume officers and 911 centers have caller ID on the land collected phone lines, and some of them still have desk phones collected to a landline).

All that to say, I get the registered name of the cell phone on my desk phone’s screen, so I know who is calling me.

I am not sure that matters, but wanted to throw it out there.

I talked to my daughter about some of the stuff that came up today. I guess I’m making the assumption that she and Jayme are both normal, typical teenage girls. In the attempt to understand Jayme a little better, so I could gauge probabilities better, I asked her:
If it was not a house rule, what is the chances that you leave your phone charging in the kitchen when you go to bed? She said “None.” It’s her music, book, alarm clock...everything. She said it didn’t matter how tired she was, she’d get up and go get it. Now, if Jayme couldn’t take her phone to her room, nothing changes. But, if she could and my daughter and her are alike, then she was probably still up that night (I think I read there was no school the next day). Which means...I don’t know. More questions...

Then I showed her @photographer4 post from a few pages back on how a person could maybe use kik and not show a history of it. I asked her: Does the average teen know this stuff? She said she didn’t know any of it. I asked her if she had ever heard anyone talk about how to stay under the radar in any way online? She said “No.” The most anyone does she knows is just not save anything on Snap Chat. So, I’m going to say that the average teenager, probably is not capable of hiding any online activity from LE. Which, I guess I figured, but she’s never even heard of a teen that’s even worried about it.

I talked to my daughter about some of the stuff that came up today. I guess I’m making the assumption that she and Jayme are both normal, typical teenage girls. In the attempt to understand Jayme a little better, so I could gauge probabilities better, I asked her:
If it was not a house rule, what is the chances that you leave your phone charging in the kitchen when you go to bed? She said “None.” It’s her music, book, alarm clock...everything. She said it didn’t matter how tired she was, she’d get up and go get it. Now, if Jayme couldn’t take her phone to her room, nothing changes. But, if she could and my daughter and her are alike, then she was probably still up that night (I think I read there was no school the next day). Which means...I don’t know. More questions...

Then I showed her @photographer4 post from a few pages back on how a person could maybe use kik and not show a history of it. I asked her: Does the average teen know this stuff? She said she didn’t know any of it. I asked her if she had ever heard anyone talk about how to stay under the radar in any way online? She said “No.” The most anyone does she knows is just not save anything on Snap Chat. So, I’m going to say that the average teenager, probably is not capable of hiding any online activity from LE. Which, I guess I figured, but she’s never even heard of a teen that’s even worried about it.

As a parent, it is scary what your kids can get into and how more knowledgeable they are about new developments in technology. I know I have heard of parents who don’t even allow their kids to watch TV, but I wonder about how odd it must be for those kids to fit in when all the other kids are spending hours on their devices. It’s a tougher time to be a parent, and a kid.

All that to say, it seems looking at Jayme and technology is a rabbit hole, and the way the crime went down, it doesn’t make sense that could be a motivator, but who knows?

There was school the next day according to the school calendar, however Jayme would have been out of school on Friday (10/12), So she would have had three days off that weekend.

Barron Area School District - School Calendar

Or they were not all of the devices, hence the electronic sniffing dogs. Not saying it is the case just saying it is a possibility based one one of the very few facts.

The fact that the electronics dogs were brought in is no more significant to me than the fact that scent smelling dogs were brought in the next day. I don’t think it signifies anything special. Those dogs need to work regularly to stay on their toes.

moo.

<modsnip>

I thought the turkeys and boat across lake superior were a bit far fetched but i never said a word because who knows. I am responsible for asking about Ms Verizon I am really glad that was cleared up I must have missed it. It is really sad as I think most people care but do not dare talk about a burner phone, etc. So the alternative it goes even colder (it may not be with LE who knows) and no one talks about it. From what I have seen, most people here have good intentions and want to help, it is no crazy site where there are some really wild theories. jmho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member