AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent hours figuring this house layout out. For starters, this is in no way a 'split level'. The main floor is an open concept ranch. It sits on a modified walk out style basement foundation. Knowing where the kitchen and Jayme's rooms are located, and the size of the house, I don't believe the basement stairs are located in the kitchen. In the rear of the house, between Jayme's room and the bathroom, there is likely an alcove which would align with stairs going down the wall between the garage and basement. I've been in homes with this layout, so it is possible.

I thought no way split level, but the definitions I posted include a house like their house so I thought a definitiion would be helpful so people are on the same page.

Does anyone have a link they could share to the family home photos please? I’m wondering if Molly was going potty when all this went down and whether they had a fenced back and/or side yard or maybe she alerted to the presence of someone outside. I’m not understanding the question regarding the leash being outside because I’ve never seen the photos. I have difficulty reconciling that James would go to, let alone open the door if he had firearms.

Call me reclusive too, but I will not go to the door if I’m not expecting someone even in broad daylight. My children were both taught never to go to the door or open it because the reality is that whether you live in a meth hell or not, it is no longer a safe world that we live in. After dark, even my husband would not go to the front door without firearm in hand. Although I am not a gun fan, I feel more secure knowing the husband and adult son would protect us if necessary. At 1am nothing good comes from someone knocking, ringing the bell or whatever! Scary times indeed!
Imgur

No fence.

You can bring up trailer hitches if I can ask again how about never any cars in the driveway, but escape out the back of the house through the woods to the area along side the railroad tracks. Hang a left and go down to the road and head north. No one would ever see your escape. The overhead on Google Maps makes this look very viable.

Have you ever run through the woods in WI in the dark? Or how about even in the daytime?

I do not consider it a split level either but I think people who do mean the basement is on a different level than the home. I have seen where a landing on the way down to the garage will have a door to the outside (like halfway down the steps) and even an entry area or bathroom.

On another note, it has probably been discussed but I note that the basement windows appear to be egress size. It makes me think the living area behind the garage may be finished and/or even have a bedroom.

I agree. The basement in the back is very high.

I thought no way split level, but the definitions I posted include a house like their house so I thought a definitiion would be helpful so people are on the same page.
Are you referring to the pic on the right that kinda resembles it? If so, that's a back split - look carefully at the windows. The back half of the home is split to two half levels. The Closs house doesn't do that.

I’ve followed this case from the beginning. I think about it often, trying to come up with a valid reason it went down like it did. Growing up in the country, my Dad would have definitely went to the door that late at night. He’d have taken his shotgun and listened at the door first, as well as peeping out the window beside it. Perhaps that was what James did, minus the gun. My Mom would have been alert standing in the hallway to see if it was ok. I was hiding under the covers. (I know, very effective!) It makes sense that Denise would be up within the house, listening. I think Jayme would have been so stunned, she’d be very vulnerable. That doesn’t answer why she would be up front (the only 5 feet statement from LE). I’ve always leaned stranger, but I can’t settle on that. I pray that this case gets solved and Jayme is found, one way or another.
I like this theory except I think James had a hand gun with him. They could have scuffled and the perp got it away and shot him. Explains the several casings. The perp simply took the handgun with him.

The timeline at the start of each thread by whiskers really helps. The crime itself went down very fast. The 911 call interfered, and was an interruption. Jayme was gone, but her dog was found (dog not a target, or judged not a threat, or even seen). The sheriff believes Jayme was in the home at the time of the crime, and sees no reason she is a suspect. The family denies she had a boyfriend, steadfastly. There are no reports that anyone had a grievance against any of the family members. James and Denise were longtime workers at the same job, so probably reliable. Jayme attended extracurricular activities. The family stayed to themselves, according to neighbors, but had an active family social life. Denise was involved with her church. The house is alongside a very busy road.

It truly is looking like a stranger abduction and a targeted hit to get Jayme. IMO, for the moment.

I go back to those who wonder about cars and trucks that go by there every day, and the bus stop. It has never been satisfactorily explained to me if she rode the bus at her new school, or did at her old one. Can anyone help?

The aunt said she now rode the bus. But I have no link.

I am of the belief the perp saw her either in the morning or after school getting on or off the bus.

Cars have to stop while the school bus is stopped so that would give a perp plenty of time to see her.

I would be looking at who goes by there or at least who did that meets the profile, He may have now changed his route to avoid it

I think the house has just two bedrooms...seems doubtful anyone lived or stayed with the family for any length of time.

Jayme was in the hospital in either Jan or March of 2018...pretty sure I read an article about that...someone here will know.

It has not been said that Mollie was outside as far as I know, or where she was at all, until LE said she was safe with relatives.

Jmo without knowing if this was personal or random, what possible use could a profile be? There would be completely different motives depending on if the perp came to “pay James back for some perceived misdeed” compared to a pervert who stalked Jayme, or an ex of Denise, to a random criminal looking for a house with no near neighbors to commit a thrill kill crime.

All jmo

Re: Jayme's presence in house.

I was always under the impression that LE originally confirmed that Jayme was in the house at the time of the 911 call.
I never saw LE state that she was present at time of murder(s).

I think the house has just two bedrooms...seems doubtful anyone lived or stayed with the family for any length of time.

Jayme was in the hospital in either Jan or March of 2018...pretty sure I read an article about that...someone here will know.

It has not been said that Mollie was outside as far as I know, or where she was at all, until LE said she was safe with relatives.

Jmo without knowing if this was personal or random, what possible use could a profile be? There would be completely different motives depending on if the perp came to “pay James back for some perceived misdeed” compared to a pervert who stalked Jayme, or an ex of Denise, to a random criminal looking for a house with no near neighbors to commit a thrill kill crime.

All jmo
FWIW, the house does have a basement, also. We just don’t know if or how it was finished.

I agree with the basement. That is the way I have seen all houses. I used to go to a LOT of estate sales so I saw a lot of houses.

They have no second story so there are no steps leading up to a second story. Only the main floor and the basement

So no staircase from the basement to the upper floor? The reason I ask, I lived in an older house once where the washer and dryer were in the basement and there was a staircase from the upper floor to the basement. Car garage doors ars apparent. But, all that aside, it may be if that is the case, the family would park their cars nearer to the front door and enter the house that way, and have to walk around to the basement to do laundry. Depends a lot on the year the house was built and how they did laundry. Could be a clue.

Perhaps James acquired a new hand gun that very day? Perhaps he had reason to procure one? We don’t know yet but if he did indeed purchase a new gun, LE would know by now. Possibly something else they’re aware of but keeping to themselves. I just cannot fathom why a man who owns guns wouldn’t have one on his person while approaching the front door in the early morning hours.
Regardless it doesn’t explain why Jayme was taken. Ugh

Last edited:
Perhaps James acquired a new hand gun that very day? Perhaps he had reason to procure one? We don’t know yet but if he did indeed purchase a new gun, LE would know by now. Possibly something else they’re aware of but keeping to themselves. I just cannot fathom why a man who owns guns wouldn’t have one on his person while approach the front door in the early morning hours.
Regardless it doesn’t explain why Jayme was taken. Ugh

All guns accounted for seems to be a fair enough standard for this case. If he bought a gun that day, and then this crime went down, it might be he had a clue of some danger to his family, then again, no guns not known to be registered by him have been mentioned. IMO. It seems all James’ guns were accounted for, but I don’t recall any mention of where they were found.

So James had an unregistered gun? In your view? LE said his guns were accounted for.
What does unregistered mean in state of Wisconsin? I really don't know. If it was purchased new, I guess it would be registered, but if bought at a flea market or from a friend, are you supposed to register it? I just don't know. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7