AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another excellent article about the psychological profile of a kidnapper. This one with Brad Garrett, who served as then principle FBI behavioral profiler:

..."They tend to be white males, they tend to be a little older, in the 30-40 year age range, they tend to have a history of problems in relationships in general but in particular with women, they may or may not have a criminal history....
They tend to be somewhat — but not all of the time — socially isolated...
In general, they feel inadequate and one of the things in abducting, controlling and sexual assaulting is: it's about power. They are in charge, they are doing what they want to do, not what someone else wants them to do. They get what they want..."

Profiling abductors: Q&A with Brad Garrett | CBC News

Attachments

• Profiling abductors: Q&A with Brad Garrett | CBC News.pdf
    327.8 KB · Views: 3
Anything is possible in this case..Jayme had been ill... plus she had a long weekend from school being out..maybe she was up and restless or talking to her parents...no one really know except the perps and 3 Closs family members...

bbm

Do we have confirmation of when she was ill? I thought I remembered it was months before. moo

We talked about that quite a bit last Thursday here, whether or not the evidence supported James was home at 10. It appears he was. Whiskers updated the timeline to show his cell phone was found in the house.

Jayme’s phone was found in the house, along with those of her parents, Fitzgerald said.” [30] (From Whiskers16 timeline at the start of each thread).

At 10 p.m. we know everybody was at the house and accounted for," Fitzgerald told Fox News.

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder
Thanks. That clears that up

Another excellent article about the psychological profile of a kidnapper. This one with Brad Garrett, who served as then principle FBI behavioral profiler:

..."They tend to be white males, they tend to be a little older, in the 30-40 year age range, they tend to have a history of problems in relationships in general but in particular with women, they may or may not have a criminal history....
They tend to be somewhat — but not all of the time — socially isolated...
In general, they feel inadequate and one of the things in abducting, controlling and sexual assaulting is: it's about power. They are in charge, they are doing what they want to do, not what someone else wants them to do. They get what they want..."

Profiling abductors: Q&A with Brad Garrett | CBC News

Sounds like all profiles I have seen...usually for serial killers. I am not a believer of profiles at all. They only seem useful afterward. Jmo

bbm

Do we have confirmation of when she was ill? I thought I remembered it was months before. moo

I have not paid much attention to the Jayme in the hospital with pneumonia aspect, but have seen the pictures and her making things as she recovered. I think this might have been in the MSM. Not sure I ever recall seeing a date(s) of when she got so sick.

Being the glutton for ambiguity that I am, I went back and refreshed my memory on what Fitzgerald said about believing that Jayme was in the house at the time of the murders. Yet it was also stated that the only thing on the 911 recording was muffled commotion. These two things don't work together. If you can't hear both Jayme and gunshots on the 911, how would you know if she was in the house at the time of the murders?

Just a quick thought, on the Radar story about the "escapee" it mentioned the sheriff asking that lady "what his (bib overall mans)voice sounded like" Could that be due to a males voice on the 911 call ya' think?

Disturbing indeed when you realize that Barron is 3rd out of 72 counties for the meth problem, especially when a lot of those counties are much more populous than Barron.
Very disturbing numbers. Denise was born in Chippewa Falls, WI. I wonder if she recently reconnected with anyone from there. It's about 45 minutes away from Barron.

Very disturbing numbers. Denise was born in Chippewa Falls, WI. I wonder if she recently reconnected with anyone from there. It's about 45 minutes away from Barron.

It looks like her family is mostly in Cornell. Chippewa Falls would be the closest hospital to Cornell. I don't think she ever lived in Chippewa.

It looks like her family is mostly in Cornell. Chippewa Falls would be the closest hospital to Cornell. I don't think she ever lived in Chippewa.

I remember the Sheriff stating that there was no gun found at the scene "surprisingly", but can't find it now. Does anyone else recall this?

Yes, I remember him making that statement. I heard it early on in the investigation. James guns were supposedly all there and accounted for, but not the weapon used in the murders.

My little dog has a loud bark when she wants to use it...surprising that Mollie was not heard in the background. Many think she was hiding...I find that hard to believe, but not impossible I suppose. I know all dogs are not alike, but mine runs to the door at a knock.
just in my experience, loud noises really frighten a lot of dogs. Fireworks and gunshots particularly, and even moreso for little dogs vs big dogs (though i've found that size doesn't really matter. Vast majority of dogs don't like these sounds). if there hadn't been gunshots it may have been a different story and maybe she would've been at the door barking. JMO

So.......

Where is everybody at with theories here, folks?

I have my pet Short family copy cat if not outright same perp theory

Why? Because given what we know I cannot come up with anything else that makes sense

LE says, well this & that: whatever they say may or may not be the truth: what they say is said to maximize capturing the perp - fine by me.....but, I cannot take what they share as 'fact' frankly

Now: I do know the bare bones: and both cases are remarkably similar.....

So: for me: this is the least frustrating theory!

Just wondering: speculation is rampant: but where are the comprehensive theories??

JMO

We have reason to believe that law enforcement found Molly at the patio door. On the outside, waiting to go in. Correct?

That suggests to me that no one used that door or it would have still been open. MOO[/Q
Early in 2018 I think.
All I kept reading was that it was the week before the party.

So.......

Where is everybody at with theories here, folks?

I have my pet Short family copy cat if not outright same perp theory

Why? Because given what we know I cannot come up with anything else that makes sense

LE says, well this & that: whatever they say may or may not be the truth: what they say is said to maximize capturing the perp - fine by me.....but, I cannot take what they share as 'fact' frankly

Now: I do know the bare bones: and both cases are remarkably similar.....

So: for me: this is the least frustrating theory!

Just wondering: speculation is rampant: but where are the comprehensive theories??

JMO

my questions would be...if a copycat, why now? Short murders happened 16 years ago, states away from Wisconsin...seems slightly strange to do a copycat now. Unless perp just recently heard of the case or something.

if it is the same perp, where has he been and what has he been doing for the last 16 years?

not saying the theories relating to the Short family don't work, just thinking out loud. There certainly are a fair number of similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove