AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the sheriff has only said that he BELIEVES Jayme was home. (Based on the call and evidence at the scene. ) To me, that is different than SHE WAS HOME. Or WE HAVE DEFINITIVE PROOF SHE WAS THERE. Still, if Jayme was elsewhere (I don't think this but if, say, she left or was taken unnoticed earlier than the 911 call), what commotion did the 911 call record?

Are we confident that it was gunfire-911-commotion-getaway--LE arrival?

My own opinions, thoughts, speculation

I meant if she was simply panicked and running for her life she may have exited the patio door and he caught her.

As for split level, I have a relative who has a home that would fit what this home looks like somewhat. When leaving the kitchen to the basement, one goes down just a few steps and there is a small landing/entry and an exterior door, or one can continue down a few more steps and one is in the garage. Just for part of the example of the interior. My relative's home is bigger and also has steps (not a full flight) up to the bedrooms. They have far more elevation than this house does so I am guessing the bedrooms probably are not that way and no steps up on the main level, but access to the basement probably is in the Closs home, something on that order.

imo.

RBBM

IIRC, one of the first crime-scene processing videos shows LE doing something on the back patio. I'll try and find the link.

ETA: Here we go. Check out the video linked with the article. You can see LE on the back patio starting at 1:00.

Now LE may have just been using the back patio as a place to put the evidence they collected. IDK.

Parents found dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Last edited:
maybe they had done one of those lost kid print things just in case she was ever lost. short of something like this I don't know how they could have prints that were a for sure known. a high likely prints I could see from items around the home. at her age I would think her foot would have grown enough that they wouldn't be able to tell hers from another. not like she is 6 and still has a small foot I wouldn't think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the sheriff has only said that he BELIEVES Jayme was home. (Based on the call and evidence at the scene. ) To me, that is different than SHE WAS HOME. Or WE HAVE DEFINITIVE PROOF SHE WAS THERE. Still, if Jayme was elsewhere (I don't think this but if, say, she left or was taken unnoticed earlier than the 911 call), what commotion did the 911 call record?

Are we confident that it was gunfire-911-commotion-getaway--LE arrival?

My own opinions, thoughts, speculation

Yeah the only thing I know of he has said 100 percent about is believing she is alive. It was in one of the interviews last night linked again. And even then, that is a belief. As said many times, we have pretty much nothing that is 100 percent.

As for commotion, it is not my belief, but could she not be outside in a car, taken by one perp while the other perp is still in the house yelling at the folks or some such thing. In this scenario, at least maybe she does not see them shot... Again, not something I think happened but who knows....

Apologies if this has already been posted, but worth pondering again.
A disturbing article with quotes from the Sheriff about the meth problem in Barron county. This article talks about all the associated crimes, and the overall implication to the public at large. Very disturbing indeed.
Meth monster returns to Chippewa Valley and is extending its reach
Disturbing indeed when you realize that Barron is 3rd out of 72 counties for the meth problem, especially when a lot of those counties are much more populous than Barron.

maybe they had done one of those lost kid print things just in case she was ever lost. short of something like this I don't know how they could have prints that were a for sure known. a high likely prints I could see from items around the home. at her age I would think her foot would have grown enough that they wouldn't be able to tell hers from another. not like she is 6 and still has a small foot I wouldn't think.

She has iPhone 7/8 they got likely multiple prints... you’d think hair brush , her actual phone in a lot places. All over tablet/laptop.

Apologies if I am not understanding what the questions or speculation are - but...

911 call made from Denise phone

Jayme's was plugged in, charging, in the kitchen

Sheriff said that they believed that Jayme was home at the time, the evidence that supported this belief also included the 911 call, it was not exclusively that call

When Denise spoke with her sister at 10:00 did she actually say all 3 of them were home? Or did she say everything is normal here? So. My question is if James worked the late shift things could be normal there but he could still be absent. I don't recall where when the aunts statement came from

I thought of those things too, like a slept in bed or her phone but if you really think about it, it still is not proof. Short of someone knowing her bed was made that morning, it tells nothing, nor does her phone being on the counter. I too think maybe on the 911 is someone they can identify as Jayme but in the same breath, if the family has not listened to the recording, how do the cops know it is her unless she says "my name is jayme closs" etc. I guess what I am saying is it would lend itself to the likelihood she was there but it is in no way ironclad. imo.

No, not proof. But an indication, which may be all Fitzgerald said.

RBBM

IIRC, one of the first crime-scene processing videos shows LE doing something on the back patio. I'll try and find the link.

ETA: Here we go. Check out the video linked with the article. You can see LE on the back patio starting at 1:00.

Now LE may have just been using the back patio as a place to put the evidence they collected. IDK.

Parents found dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Thank you, I appreciate it. I watched it again. I have been going back and watching a few lately I agree in that I go both ways, in some ways it seems they are using the deck as an area that is not part of the scene, to work and to, as you say, put evidence. I found myself actually watching the traffic in this video too, noticing the blinds again in the house, looking at Jennie-O which was in the background behind Paul Blume, etc.

I've assumed part of the "yelling" included Jayme's voice and/or someone speaking to her. Also, I thought Fitzgerald said that both the 911 call and other evidence at the scene pointed to her being there. Maybe the other evidence is the fact that her phone was still there, or a slept in bed, or something like that.

That is my guess...signs the bed was used, maybe even still warm...

My little dog has a loud bark when she wants to use it...surprising that Mollie was not heard in the background. Many think she was hiding...I find that hard to believe, but not impossible I suppose. I know all dogs are not alike, but mine runs to the door at a knock.

When Denise spoke with her sister at 10:00 did she actually say all 3 of them were home? Or did she say everything is normal here? So. My question is if James worked the late shift things could be normal there but he could still be absent. I don't recall where when the aunts statement came from

I wonder about this. how normal would it be to detail out who was or wasn't at home. he could have walked in and was heard or was said well james is home now so I have to make him some food or something...short of just a casual knowledge happening though I would have to wonder why it would be detailed out if it was.

Being the glutton for ambiguity that I am, I went back and refreshed my memory on what Fitzgerald said about believing that Jayme was in the house at the time of the murders. Yet it was also stated that the only thing on the 911 recording was muffled commotion. These two things don't work together. If you can't hear both Jayme and gunshots on the 911, how would you know if she was in the house at the time of the murders?
It could be possible that both Jayme and the perpetrator are easily identifiable on the call but preserving the idea that they are not aims to keep Jayme from further harm.

There’s lots of ambiguity; is it ‘yelling’, ‘screaming’, ‘commotion’? What do any of those words really mean? Then it sounded ‘distant’ as though ‘under a blanket’. All these tidbits lead us a merry dance do they not?

I wonder if some of it is really clear after being cleaned up, 47 seconds is actually a pretty decent length of time.

It would be good to look at and find this again. I don't think it was the sister who first said it, it was the sheriff who said the sister had contact and all were home and accounted for at I thought 10 p.m. was the first mention of it--by the sheriff. Maybe the Dryden interview? If not, it was after that. Then I also heard she had contact with two sisters that night, one around 8ish and the one at 10. Talking about Christmas shopping, etc. I don't think it was ever said that she said yah, Jim is home, Jayme is home. Or if the sister said she heard their voice or what the reason is they seem to know all were home and accounted for. Just my best recollection anyhow.

Wondering if perp (s) have their own surveillance system and are watching the Closs house..also it would be odd to have the dog leash outside if Molly needed to be "on" the leash to go potty...is it possible that Jayme was outside near back patio and was grabbed when the events started happening..if the perp does have surveillance...possible to know the routine at the Closs house..
At almost one in the morning? Not likely.

I wonder about this. how normal would it be to detail out who was or wasn't at home. he could have walked in and was heard or was said well james is home now so I have to make him some food or something...short of just a casual knowledge happening though I would have to wonder why it would be detailed out if it was.

Right, it could have been yeah, Jayme's getting ready for bed, the game's at halftime, etc., casual references that made it clear to the aunt everyone was home. If indeed the aunt indicated she thought everyone was there...I don't recall her exact statement.

We talked about that quite a bit last Thursday here, whether or not the evidence supported James was home at 10. It appears he was. Whiskers updated the timeline to show his cell phone was found in the house.

Jayme’s phone was found in the house, along with those of her parents, Fitzgerald said.” [30] (From Whiskers16 timeline at the start of each thread).

At 10 p.m. we know everybody was at the house and accounted for," Fitzgerald told Fox News.

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

It seems like more of an excuse to explain no evidence to convince a perp they have nothing. I agree, I do not see how they could know for sure. Unless the perp tracked blood within the five feet and they found no more farther in or some such thing. Since basically nothing said from day one has been a "for sure" 100 percent, I take this not to be either.

Maybe perp tracked dirt in from the outside but only a few feet in? Showing how far he went in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18