AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of geographical places such as Minneapolis, Duluth, Eau Claire. My point it that it does not have to be isolated. It is not summer. Snow, cold. That means heat, snowplowing, water.
Of course! The reason I considered a sparsely populated 'cabiny' location is the idea of remaining unseen. Those cities have cams everywhere, and people, too.

I believe this is one of the stronger possibilities. One thing that I've always found very interesting was Denise's brother and his response when asked if they had any idea who did this. I wish we knew what he meant, and we haven't heard from him since...

Can you please refresh my memory on his exact words? TIA. l also find it somewhat baffling that no one *including family* has been allowed to listen to that darned 911 call. I realize it's still an active investigation but this just seems awkward, unless a voice could be identified????

I agree. I have seen some very nice ones. I guess I was thinking, since there have been a few cabin remarks, of one that you would have to hike into or get on a ATV to get to. I am not saying even those are not sometimes nice but not all are. I mean you have to have access to heat delivery, power entry to the cabin, etc. Otherwise one is talking a generator, running for a small propane tanks, chopping wood, etc. There also has to be a water source/well. There are all kinds of cabins from some they could almost call a second home to those that you may well call more of a shack... Just discussing to see where we can go with it or spur new thoughts... Not criticizing the idea at all...
All of that is solved in a unoccupied rental or business that the perp owns. Plus it’s probably closer, no one questions heat/elec/water being on, and if he’s been working on the “remodel” (prison) for any length of time, nobody questions his coming and going a couple times a week. A run down little bungalow on the edge of town is probably cheaper than a hunting cabin a person could survive the winter in too (?). The issue I have with this idea is: eventually someone is going to start asking questions about when is it going to be ready for rent/sale... So, then I think an old business property is a better idea (does Barron have an industrial area?), but then I get into Jigsaw-esque levels of foolishness...

Accept that what you are declaring as ruled out, really is not. The Sheriff has walked that statement back somewhat in other interviews, including at at the 31:16 mark of a podcast in which he is interviewed one-on-one (google DrydenWire and you'll find the one-hour interview).
Question: "Is Jayme ruled out as a suspect?"
Sheriff: "I think Jame is 13 years old, nothing is off the table. I believe she is endangered and missing. ... There is nothing to point to that (that she was involved) that she texted her friend and said 'Come and rescue me.' But I'm not saying ... because we don't know the answers ... I'm not taking that off the table ..."
I don't know what to make of that.
IMO she is not involved. I can't imagine it. But it is certainly fair to consider and debate. We do not know what the police and family knows. Personally, JMO, I have an uncomfortable feeling about this case when trying to figure out what the police are thinking, based on shaded responses like this interview above, to an uncle's interview in which he said he had a "gut feeling" about what happened and who was involved, to bigger things like not allowing the family to hear the 911 tape. Words and tactics matter in these things. JMO
i'm not suggesting anyone in particular or that specifically. i'm just trying to form a profile from a scenario that makes sense to me. unfortunately, in this scenario you would have to include family, friends of family and known to friends of family. i don't think this is random at all. and i don't know enough about the family (or anything really) or know of anything to suggest the party was a precipitating factor.

this is thread #31, and i have read very little of this one or any of the other threads, i just pop in occasionally to see there is any discussion here that shows promise outside of the media coverage.
By all accounts, Jayme had brought a small gift for everyone at the family party, that's just the type of thoughtful thing she would do. (read a family member mention that early on). It sounded like they had a good time, which is bittersweet to think about, considering the horror of later that evening.

Can you please refresh my memory on his exact words? TIA. l also find it somewhat baffling that no one *including family* has been allowed to listen to that darned 911 call. I realize it's still an active investigation but this just seems awkward, unless a voice could be identified????
I hope someone here is better at bookmarking this stuff than I, because I simply cannot find that specific interview on DM or YouTube. I know I didn't imagine it...

Huh. That's interesting, I didn't know that, about the 911 call. I can think of a number of things on the call that LE might not want the family to hear right now (probably ideas I can't post). That's definitely an added bit of intrigue.

By all accounts, Jayme had brought a small gift for everyone at the family party, that's just the type of thoughtful thing she would do. (read a family member mention that early on). It sounded like they had a good time, which is bittersweet to think about, considering the horror of later that evening.
IMO, the picture of Jayme at the party looks like she rather be anywhere else but there. She just doesn't appear very happy. I also think it was Denise that brought everyone gifts.
I keep going back to this crime happening on a Sunday night for some reason. Could Jayme have been upset and not wanting to go to school on Monday. Maybe she called the perp(s) to come get her? A runaway scenario? IMO, this could explain the perp only entering the house 5 feet. Everything escalated and shots fired? JMO?!?! With a car they perp(s) & Jayme could be clear across the country by now. Maybe LE just can't locate them yet.

Huh. That's interesting, I didn't know that, about the 911 call. I can think of a number of things on the call that LE might not want the family to hear right now (probably ideas I can't post). That's definitely an added bit of intrigue.

I can too, but because of TOS.... I won't. It just seems like they would have to see if Jayme's voice would be confirmed as her being there, dunno'.

1.IMO: The perp (s) is the son of an upstanding community member that no one would suspect...middle class, stable job, may or may not be married or divorced...has toys,IE:ATV, golf cart, camper, etc...the perp and accomplice walk among them
OR
2. IMO: Jayme is hidden (by family)and not missing...most families have secrets or things they do not discuss among
others

Thanks! Unfortunately, I found those too - and neither one has the portion I was referring to where the brother implies he knows who did it. Has it been edited off the internet?

WS is not working for me today, won’t let me link, copy, or quote anything.

But I know exactly what you are referring to, Denise’s brother said he had “an idea” who might be responsible.

@The Dude the only one I know of with him in it is this one. The first video is where he says he thinks it was targeted, not random.
Yep - that's the correct interview (the first of two that they did). The part I'm referring to has been edited out. It was different from the targeted/random question. He/they were asked if they know who might have done this (paraphrasing).

IMO, the picture of Jayme at the party looks like she rather be anywhere else but there. She just doesn't appear very happy. I also think it was Denise that brought everyone gifts.
I keep going back to this crime happening on a Sunday night for some reason. Could Jayme have been upset and not wanting to go to school on Monday. Maybe she called the perp(s) to come get her? A runaway scenario? IMO, this could explain the perp only entering the house 5 feet. Everything escalated and shots fired? JMO?!?! With a car they perp(s) & Jayme could be clear across the country by now. Maybe LE just can't locate them yet.

This, IMO, is why I wondered early on if anyone “new” had attended the party. Did a long-lost cousin attend, did any family member bring a neighbor, friend, foster child, visitor, or had anyone there recently had a life change like divorce, new bf, gf, etc? Did Jayme confide a typical teenage girl complaint to someone who took it out of context and acted on a mission to rescue Jayme?

I thought she looked unhappy too in that photo. And in several of the other photos that have been released Jayme has an unhappy (IMO) expression, quite different than the widely circulated photo that was released with the amber alert.

Teenage girls can be very dramatic, and can distort facts and misrepresent situations. IMO. For example, when my daughter was 13 one of her friends called CPS to state she was being abused by her parents because they had forbidden her to go to a school dance.

I'd like help understanding something. In the 911 call log. 3:27am the morning of the crime. Two officers were dispatched to a secondary location. Previously identified here as a rental property. Why did LE go there? Was this a next-of-kin notification? Or something else?

This is a very good question. I've hit a road block on research on that address but there could be something there. Nothing for public consumption at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho