AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did we decide if the wood front door swung inward from the same side the storm door swung outward or did we decide the hinges were on one side for the storm door and another side for the wood door, I understand the wood swung toward inside and storm swung toward the outside. not trying to debate it all again, just trying to recall.

So we visited friend’s cabin a few weeks ago and although not yet cold enough, the place had been winterized but they were able to turn the water on to enable the ladies to use the bathroom and then they turned water off and added additional antifreeze to toilet to rewinterize. I guess what I am asking is if Jayme is being held somewhere, not necessarily a need for running plumbing all the time but without electricity how could someone maintain adequate heat to survive without alerting neighbors or looky loos without electricity? Even a wood burning stove would emit smoke right? Any other means of heating I may be overlooking?

The Guardzilla device monitors the cabin and whether or not electricity and internet are down. Didn’t mean to imply it monitored for busted pipes specifically but it views the cabin interior so hopefully if water was pooled in the floor, it would be visible and warrant a check in.

did we decide if the wood front door swung inward from the same side the storm door swung outward or did we decide the hinges were on one side for the storm door and another side for the wood door, I understand the wood swung toward inside and storm swung toward the outside. not trying to debate it all again, just trying to recall.
I believe that as you face the entrance from the outside, both sets of hinges are on the left.

So we visited friend’s cabin a few weeks ago and although not yet cold enough, the place had been winterized but they were able to turn the water on to enable the ladies to use the bathroom and then they turned water off and added additional antifreeze to toilet to rewinterize. I guess what I am asking is if Jayme is being held somewhere, not necessarily a need for running plumbing all the time but without electricity how could someone maintain adequate heat to survive without alerting neighbors or looky loos without electricity? Even a wood burning stove would emit smoke right? Any other means of heating I may be overlooking?

The Guardzilla device monitors the cabin and whether or not electricity and internet are down. Didn’t mean to imply it monitored for busted pipes specifically but it views the cabin interior so hopefully if water was pooled in the floor, it would be visible and warrant a check in.
in the 80's coleman made a catalic heater. it used coleman fuel and did not require venting. no smoke. I question how safe they were. smaller similar things are made now but do not put off enough heat to heat a room, they will keep you warm in a sleeping bag though.

Spent 10
Min looking for Steve Naiberg stating he’s got an idea .... couldn’t find... think y’all are right .... it’s now clipped out...

Watched the interview.... weird they brought up police request for DNA from family... just seems bizarre u can’t listen to 911 tape and can we get your DNA....guess ruling them out..

I think u could argue they clipped for his own safety.. that and there trying to lull perp to sleep thinking their stumped....

in theory a platinum catalic heater could be made also now to be like the ones from the 80's. the platinum fabric is available to order and cut to size. it would require no pressurizeing of the fuel and could run off of zippo type lighter fluid and be safe. or mostly safe.

So a cabin with well water access only would be out right due to the ever freezing temps? Surely there are some people who are financially stable enough to maintain electricity throughout the winter. I’ve never been to Wisconsin but I know the temps during winter are frigid cold at best. Any locals know what cabin protocol would be for those who enjoy ice fishing etc during the winter months? I understand the winterizing and use of antifreeze to prevent burst pipes but because I’m unfamiliar with the territory I am seeking input regarding the likelihood that anyone who enjoys these types of outdoor winter activities would maintain electricity throughout winter despite the temps. If someone were close enough to monitor the weather and within distance of a cabin this would provide them the perfect excuse to “check on the place” while monitoring a captive Jayme!

I'm not really a local, but my family had a cabin in nearby Spooner until about a year ago. (Sold it to get one on a better lake in MN.) Basically the two factors are how deep your pipes are buried and whether you keep your heat on in the winter. If your pipes are far enough below ground and you keep your place heated then the water is fine during the winter. If the pipes aren't deep enough or you don't want to pay for heat in the winter then you have to shut off your water by maybe mid December at the latest, depending on what the weather is like that year and exactly how deep your pipes are. Even then, you could still use the cabin in the winter, but you wouldn't have running water. Lots of people with cabins go up there very little in the winter, so they just blow out the pipes and shut the water off in November. Some people will still occasionally go up there when the water isn't working and just use a bucket or go outside to go to the bathroom.

It should be noted that while there are very remote and rustic cabins, most of the getaways up there have power and many are 4 season. My haunts up there have been around Black River Falls, Minoqua, and Rhinelander. I love it. Power. Heat. Cozy. And not a neighbor for a mile in any direction. You could perform a moose sacrifice ritual around a 50’ bonfire and nobody would notice or care. :)

Welcome Wells. The Daily Mail I don't think most think as the most credible source. They have the article but there is also a video of the sheriff that one can construe his answers themselves. The article may be hyped some but you can hear his own answers on his video. For instance the 4 minutes 5 feet thing is more like an IF in the video imo...

I believe most of the stuff from the DailyMail article. It really didn't include much info that hadn't already been stated in other news pieces. The only new info was the five feet in the house thing. The sheriff has said "four minutes" or talked about how the perp was in the house for a very short period of time in multiple other interviews.

to understand how a catalic heater would work do a search for a zippo hand or pocket warmer. much smaller but is the same way for larger heaters.

Are you sure the arrest was the next day? I have it as Oct 31.

Ah, that was when additional charges filed I think. Spoke with him the next day, arrested Oct 17. That house does provide an interesting option on where the attack/escape could have started/happened.
Could answer part of the question as to why the girls were driving around that area as well. JMO

I sent the info I have to the Mods to see if I could post it here, haven't gotten a final OK yet

Last edited:
I’ll see if I can find a link, but I’m certain that the monitored camera(s) placed in the Closs house were the work of Wi DOJ - not the Sherrif’s Dept. FWIW.

It was a motion-activated camera monitored by Wisconsin DCI. This was menyioned in the Probable Cause secton of the criminal complaint against the panty thief. I'm guessing that investigators set it to send them a notification when it was activated.

http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acrobat/2018-10/47341676608180-30052552.pdf

Spent 10
Min looking for Steve Naiberg stating he’s got an idea .... couldn’t find... think y’all are right .... it’s now clipped out...

Watched the interview.... weird they brought up police request for DNA from family... just seems bizarre u can’t listen to 911 tape and can we get your DNA....guess ruling them out..

I think u could argue they clipped for his own safety.. that and there trying to lull perp to sleep thinking their stumped....

This was linked, quoted, and discussed here on an earlier thread, I wouldn’t know how to find it now.

Something else I noticed about the house from the google maps street view is that they apparently didn't close their garage even when they were gone. The oldest photo looks like they are partially closed but it is such poor resolution on my computer that I can't tell for sure. The later photos and the photos taken after the murders showed them open. That could have been another way to try to sneak into the house. The sliding doors that were unlocked after the murder might not lock to begin with. The house is also much bigger than the pictures of the front make it look. The basement you can't see except where the garage doors are is just as big as the house and exposed on the back.
The killer must not have looked around or tried any other entry points. Unless there were tracks around the house but it is also being kept quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay