AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the one address in the call log they spent over an hour at was probably family and in a short period of time they also entered Jayme as missing and went to see the sister. It all makes sense that the first probably informed them no, she is missing, she should be there, etc.

Has my eyesight gone to heck or can anyone find the contact with the school officer/contact? It was in the original log. I thought it was said that was how they found there should be a child in the home as well and in the beginning, it was the main contact, I thought around 5ish something in the morning that they said allowed them to realize she probably should be there and they issued not an Amber Alert but a missing alert...

I don't see the school resource officer or his name listed anywhere on the call log.

Can't say I saw it on there previously, but never really looked for it so I could be wrong about that. The sheriff has definitely referred to being in contact with the school resource officer during interviews.

Cornell is about 4 hours away...
I think Naiberg family is now from there...?

Closs had to visit there quite a bit...
I would frankly check all sex offenders in 400 mile radius.. especially if they have a tie to Barron...perp below drunk shooting gun trying to kidnap a little girl?? Less then 1 yr in jail.. I don’t really get that ...

Cornell man bound over for trial in child kidnapping case

OMG! The justification by the attorney———————

Harless told Judge James Isaacson that Rathbun didn’t kidnap the girl and she was free to leave.

“He was interested in adopting (her), and just wanted to show her his home,” Harless told the court.

—————————— ——-

This once again shows that we cannot predict a motive for any disturbed person. This guy was 57 which to me seems old for starting these kind of antics. Must be his first with such a light sentence. Incredible.

It shows to me that some sick thing could have fallen in love with Jayme. A guy of any age

we believe what the family says about the kind of people the closs family was, kind, helping, close to their daughter, why not believe when the sisters say on the phone call he was home. my view is either we believe them in whole or not at all. so that is why I think he was home that night.

I didn't read the post I commented on well enough. not awake good yet. still is what I think.

He could have been home at 10:00 and left for a variety of reasons. He could have gone out to get snacks, beverages, etc.

I don't see the school resource officer or his name listed anywhere on the call log.

Can't say I saw it on there previously, but never really looked for it so I could be wrong about that. The sheriff has definitely referred to being in contact with the school resource officer during interviews.

It was on there. I just thought maybe I was missing it and it was not so clearly identified in the log... It may not have clearly identified each detail but there was an entry that one could figure quite easily that was what it was...

Just odd. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, just know it could be connected quite easily earlier and I see nothing now that would relate to it...

It was said in the interviews wasn't it as you say? I actually forgot about that but it was. They had to check, etc. to see.

By all accounts, Jayme had brought a small gift for everyone at the family party, that's just the type of thoughtful thing she would do. (read a family member mention that early on). It sounded like they had a good time, which is bittersweet to think about, considering the horror of later that evening.

I thought this was said about Denise...jmo

Cornell is about 4 hours away...
I think Naiberg family is now from there...?

Closs had to visit there quite a bit...
I would frankly check all sex offenders in 400 mile radius.. especially if they have a tie to Barron...perp below drunk shooting gun trying to kidnap a little girl?? Less then 1 yr in jail.. I don’t really get that ...

Cornell man bound over for trial in child kidnapping case

Cornell is 4 hours from where? It's only 50 minutes from Barron.

Well said.

Hindsight or going back to look I often find is worthwhile. We are months in and have heard tons of theories so I have went back lately to the call log and it sometimes gives one a new view to go back after some time and discussions. As you say, it is one of the very few "official" things we have. Often one looks back at something they have not seen in awhile and it gives new thoughts.

To my knowledge, unless I missed it, we still have no for sure explanation of the MI contact early on. We seem to know now what the other couple of addresses on it were related to.

Your remark about the neighbors' dog makes me also wonder was someone on or near their property? Probably not likely but a thought... And then were picked up later, could people have scattered if there were more than one, in a hurry, after a 911 call? The neighbors' account as well does not match LE as we all know ad nauseum by now but it still is one of the things that make one go hmm. Not directed at the neighbors, more so wondering why LE from the start said their clock was wrong and now their account is said to be probably entirely likely wrong. There is no reason to disbelieve the neighbors but there also is no reason to disbelieve LE. So it remains a mystery. Theories abound, the neighbor misreading the clock, etc. but they are theories and it remains a mystery.

I gather no one has found the school contact? There was one early on in this log. It is not so much that it may be important so much as where did it go?

Grasping at straws but as you say, it is the little bit of probably actual info we have.

We also apparently have a missing part of an interview--where the brother talked about yes, he darned well did have a gut instinct...
I think he actually said that they all have gut feelings, and the sisters agreed.

Anyone interested in trying to break down the 911 call again? Old territory, I know, but we have new members with new insight every day. The 911 is some of the only verified data out there, at this point. We have a neighbor account, sincere but subject to human error, and we have the 911 call. We THINK we know about AT LEAST 2 gunshots, which SEEM to coincide with the crime. Remember, the neighbors heard two loud sounds but did not indicate from a particular direction. IMO that means those sounds reverberated. I get no sense they associated those sounds with the Closs home until AFTER learning from LE what horrors had transpired.

There are two things I'd like to hear your thoughts on...

1. The neighbors' dog's agitation or awareness in the 1 o'clock hour, by their account. What was the dog sensing? LE presence at the Closs property or foot traffic nearby perhaps??? I wonder if their dog is typically a barker... some dogs would bark at a perceived threat but others might not.

And 2. Because of the 911 call, we know some things. The basics. That someone dialed it. That it disconnected. Was the phone turned OFF when LE found it? What would send call backs to voicemail? Do we think the phone did or didn't ring when the 911 operator called back?

If we assume there are no gunshots in the 911 call, enhanced or otherwise, who is yelling?

1. Multiple perps, to each other or to whom?
2. A single perp, but to whom
3. Jayme. Just because the sheriff said they believe Jayme was home at the time her parents were murdered based "on the 911 call and evidence at the scene" doesn't mean she could be heard ON the call.
4. Denise or James. Technically we don't KNOW whether or how much shooting happened before the 911 call connected or whether and/or how much after it was diconnected.
MOO I wonder if the indecipherable voices were muffled by walls, bedding or the position of the phone's microphone, for instance, face down.

Do we think there may have been TWO modes of departure? One takes off in a car, another on foot? These are just my thoughts.

My heart breaks for Jayme's remaining family. Sad, little Molly socks me in the gut.

Let's hope LE is close to bringing Jayme Closs home!

A couple of thoughts:

I hadn't heard about the dog, but my guess is it's hearing people running out of the Closs home, possibly pulling an unwilling person along. Also, the dog could probably hear the yelling heard on the 911 call.

From my experience with phones, an activated phone will go to voice mail whenever it is not answered, but that may depend on the type of phone. So, I'm not sure there is much to be gleaned from the voice mail except that the phone wasn't answered. I'm imagining a hasty getaway after the call was made so the phone may simply have been left behind ringing.

As for the yelling, it seems like Denise and James would have to already be dead by the time the call is made. Once the call is made, the police were there pretty quickly, and the perps, probably with Jayme, would still have to get away. It doesn't seem like there would be time for the murders and the getaway after the call is made.

I believe this is one of the stronger possibilities. One thing that I've always found very interesting was Denise's brother and his response when asked if they had any idea who did this. I wish we knew what he meant, and we haven't heard from him since...

Respectfully, I think you might be remembering it incorrectly. During the Mollie Tibbetts case I was 100% sure that a LE said something in an interview. I found the clip after like two hours of searching and it actually said the opposite of what I thought. So, I guess I just want to point out that we all can have memory lapses when cases go on for a long time.

I looked through every interview with the family I could find. They are directly asked many times if they have a gut feeling about what happened. In every single one I've been able to find they say they don't really have a clue.

The closest I could find (link below) is one where Denise's brother is asked if he has any gut feelings about it, and he kind of laughs and says "Got quite a few gut feelings...not just one." And then her sister (I believe the same one who made the family statement at the press conference) adds "And they change from day to day, different stuff you hear."

There's an interview (link below) with James' side of the family where they are asked about what they think happened. James' brother flat out says "I have no idea". His sister says that she doesn't have a gut feeling, and her first instinct was that it was someone from work, but that the only reason she thinks that is because James spent a vast majority of his time at work.

KARE 11 on Twitter

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the family did ever say anything about having an idea about who did it that would be very different from what they've said in other interviews. I kind of think some people are just remembering it wrong. (Which is totally okay!!) Respectfully, that is my take.

yes it was Denise--
Hundreds turn out to remember parents of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

more towards the bottom of the article:

"On her last day, Denise Closs spent the afternoon at a birthday party for one of her nephews. She brought gifts for everyone, not just for the birthday boy, according to the local newspaper, the Barron News-Shield."

Grandnephew. In all lightness media needs to get their facts correct--imagine what some nuts would speculate with that remark on other sites....

A couple of thoughts:

I hadn't heard about the dog, but my guess is it's hearing people running out of the Closs home, possibly pulling an unwilling person along. Also, the dog could probably hear the yelling heard on the 911 call.

From my experience with phones, an activated phone will go to voice mail whenever it is not answered, but that may depend on the type of phone. So, I'm not sure there is much to be gleaned from the voice mail except that the phone wasn't answered. I'm imagining a hasty getaway after the call was made so the phone may simply have been left behind ringing.

As for the yelling, it seems like Denise and James would have to already be dead by the time the call is made. Once the call is made, the police were there pretty quickly, and the perps, probably with Jayme, would still have to get away. It doesn't seem like there would be time for the murders and the getaway after the call is made.
Re voice mail...I thought did go to voice mail and that's why they suspected it was Denise's phone.

Respectfully, I think you might be remembering it incorrectly. During the Mollie Tibbetts case I was 100% sure that a LE said something in an interview. I found the clip after like two hours of searching and it actually said the opposite of what I thought. So, I guess I just want to point out that we all can have memory lapses when cases go on for a long time.

I looked through every interview with the family I could find. They are directly asked many times if they have a gut feeling about what happened. In every single one I've been able to find they say they don't really have a clue.

The closest I could find (link below) is one where Denise's brother is asked if he has any gut feelings about it, and he kind of laughs and says "Got quite a few gut feelings...not just one." And then her sister (I believe the same one who made the family statement at the press conference) adds "And they change from day to day, different stuff you hear."

There's an interview (link below) with James' side of the family where they are asked about what they think happened. James' brother flat out says "I have no idea". His sister says that she doesn't have a gut feeling, and her first instinct was that it was someone from work, but that the only reason she thinks that is because James spent a vast majority of his time at work.

KARE 11 on Twitter

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the family did ever say anything about having an idea about who did it that would be very different from what they've said in other interviews. I kind of think some people are just remembering it wrong. (Which is totally okay!!) Respectfully, that is my take.
In this interview they are sitting on a couch. Brother is on the end. I saw and heard it...

Oh, but look at this from the log:

RECEIVED A 911 CALL FROM 715-*advertiser censored*-XXXX AND COULD HEAR A LOT OF YELLING. CALLED NUMBER BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL.
PHONE PINGED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ADVISED 317, 325, & 329.

VOICEMAIL INDICATES THE PHONE LISTS TO DENISE AT THAT ADDRESS. TRIED CALLING SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND DID NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER.

So does this mean that the dispatcher heard the voice mail greeting but was unable to leave a message for some reason? Full mail box?

RECEIVED A 911 CALL FROM 715-*advertiser censored*-XXXX AND COULD HEAR A LOT OF YELLING. CALLED NUMBER BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL.

VOICEMAIL INDICATES THE PHONE LISTS TO DENISE AT THAT ADDRESS. TRIED CALLING SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND DID NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER.

So does this mean that the dispatcher heard the voice mail greeting but was unable to leave a message for some reason? Full mail box?

Some people don't set up their voicemail on their phones. My grandson doesn't have it set up on his phone and it says there is no voicemail set up, please call again.
MOO

Some people don't set up their voicemail on their phones. My grandson doesn't have it set up on his phone and it says there is no voicemail set up, please call again.
MOO

But in that case, would the greeting message say the person's name? The log seems to indicate that the dispatcher figured out it was Denise's phone from the greeting, but was unable to leave a message.

So they called back, and it went to voice mail. If mailbox was full, they would have gotten a message saying it was full. We don't know the condition of the phone when found. Maybe damaged. Plus were assuming perps were gone. Could have been damaged between calls if they were still there. I'm sure they were and whatever was heard on the call could have been scuffling over the phone. just some musings.

But in that case, would the greeting message say the person's name? The log seems to indicate that the dispatcher figured out it was Denise's phone from the greeting, but was unable to leave a message.
If not set up, it does not give a name. Just usually says 'this person' has a voice mail that has not been set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay