AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
the dude, how do you vision the basement being finished or not finished? could it be like 2x4 showing or concrete or? I ask because of a pic I seen, though that pic is another thing I cant find, it was a pic of her apparently looking into a cam on a device and I seen a wood framed out but not finished area behind her. I would love to link it but I cant find it. it was a pic from the angle of the device having a cam that she was sitting looking into, seemed laptop but I cant find it to really reconsider that.

the dude, how do you vision the basement being finished or not finished? could it be like 2x4 showing or concrete or? I ask because of a pic I seen, though that pic is another thing I cant find, it was a pic of her apparently looking into a cam on a device and I seen a wood framed out but not finished area behind her. I would love to link it but I cant find it. it was a pic from the angle of the device having a cam that she was sitting looking into, seemed laptop but I cant find it to really reconsider that.
It's an area of approximately 20' x 20', minus whatever space the stairs consume. It can be finished any way you want. There's no way to tell with this house. Generally speaking, you would tend to leave the floor either unfinished, painted or tiled, so as to allow for potential water drainage. You would also expect a bit lower ceilings (7' instead of 8'). The furnace, hot water heater, and maybe the washer/dryer would be down there, too. And some sort of Packers helmet lamp monstrosity. :eek:

There can’t be anything new if they schedule a PC a week out. Jmo,just starting the year off with a repeat of what info they are willing to repeat.

If they said there would be a PC tomorrow, reporters would be wrecking cars to get there...and be mightily upset to hear nothing new imo.
I agree. This PC, IMO is scheduled for the anniversary of her disappearance and will be a re-hashing of investigation thus far and the individual agencies will have a representative present to summarize their participation and responsibilities. I'm not expecting to hear anything new.

It's an area of approximately 20' x 20', minus whatever space the stairs consume. It can be finished any way you want. There's no way to tell with this house. Generally speaking, you would tend to leave the floor either unfinished, painted or tiled, so as to allow for potential water drainage. You would also expect a bit lower ceilings (7' instead of 8'). The furnace, hot water heater, and maybe the washer/dryer would be down there, too. And some sort of Packers helmet lamp monstrosity. :eek:
gonna try to reword what I am trying to ask. I assume the supporting walls would be concrete? could a stage of how ever it is finished out involve like wood studs....not too interested in deco after finished, just the supporting material and would it then be framed out in wood boards? or could it? I get we haven't been in there to KNOW.

for all I know it could be concrete and the typical would be to glue the interior finishing on rather than use studs and frame out.

RBBM

Hubby is from that part of Wisconsin (about two hours due east) and his mother had a house with a layout similar to this one. Two car garage under the house. Entering from the garage, a concrete-block basement that had two rooms and a shower. The enclosed room had four beds and a sink on one wall.

From what I recall, some people had nicely-finished basements, with bedrooms, pool tables, etc. Others just chose to store stuff there. Many people used the basement as a "rec" room for the family.

So the Closs family could have done basically anything with their basement. Unless we see an actual photo, we just don't know.

well, yall wont like what I think but ill say it anyway. she does not have a legal guardian. if she is in a hospital then who could authorize release of information? the estate has a guardian, the child does not. there are no parents now to authorize anything. I know she has family that love her. that does not make them a legal representative.

That all depends on whether or not the parents had designated someone to be her guardian in the event of their deaths. As close as she was to her aunt, it wouldn't surprise me if they had. JMO

gonna try to reword what I am trying to ask. I assume the supporting walls would be concrete? could a stage of how ever it is finished out involve like wood studs....not too interested in deco after finished, just the supporting material and would it then be framed out in wood boards? or could it? I get we haven't been in there to KNOW.
That house would be either concrete or cinder block for the basement foundation. There's different ways to finish it from there, but this would be most common before drywall or some nice, cheesy 70's panelling:

Finishing-Basement-Walls-The-Steps.jpg

RBBM

Hubby is from that part of Wisconsin (about two hours due east) and his mother had a house with a layout similar to this one. Two car garage under the house. Entering from the garage, a concrete-block basement that had two rooms and a shower. The enclosed room had four beds and a sink on one wall.

From what I recall, some people had nicely-finished basements, with bedrooms, pool tables, etc. Others just chose to store stuff there. Many people used the basement as a "rec" room for the family.

So the Closs family could have done basically anything with their basement. Unless we see an actual photo, we just don't know.
concrete walls, do they leave as concrete or put something over the concrete typicaly?

That house would be either concrete or cinder block for the basement foundation. There's different ways to finish it from there, but this would be most common before drywall or some nice, cheesy 70's panelling:

Finishing-Basement-Walls-The-Steps.jpg

this answers my question. thank you. so from pic I seen I think the steps are all the way on one end or the other, I don't know which direction pic was taken.

concrete walls, do they leave as concrete or put something over the concrete typicaly?

Walls can be paneled (as my dad did for ours). Our basement was divided into two rooms; the paneled room had a wood stove, carpeting, chairs and a TV. The second room was unfinished; nothing was put over the concrete blocks. Our washer and dryer were there, plus the furnace. My dad had his work area next to the laundry area.

IIRC, paneling was the wall finishing of choice. Some tried painting the concrete blocks; that looked crappy in my opinion. (Some would obviously disagree.)

I lived in the woods of Northern MN . We had paths through the woods. Every few weeks a lawnmower was taken on the paths to make them walkable. We owned a bunch of property that is all relatives so the paths went to each home through the woods.

As groomed as the trails were, going in the pitch black night is not possible without a flashlight or the moonlight.

I doubt if people wander through the woods without a light of some kind. They would be on the path knocked out by a branch.

The woods . These are not hardwood forests. They have underbrush .

There are animal paths in the woods that lead you all over and they don’t seem to be bothered by a branch that whacks them one

I didn't think that the woods behind their home looked all that thick from the photos I saw. It really looked more like a wooded lot to me. I grew up in the sticks on several hundred acres of pasture land with hardwood and pine forest and marshy swampland with a tricky creek system.

Last edited:
I suppose anything at all is possible. I just don't understand why anyone trying to pull something like this off would create such an adverse set of obstacles. The dogs did trace Jayme's scent. To the driveway. In the car. Gone. Why intentionally do this the hard way?

Is there a link for the dogs tracing her scent to the driveway? I must have missed that.

I’m not saying the family is involved... but read this story... probably 10 adults had a chance to speak up for 1 yr about missing kid... and they said nothing.

Teen missing for a year after witnessing murder found alive in basement
That’s a pretty terrible story, Bob. But, to be fair, the people it’s talking about are not exactly the cream of societies crop. All the adults in the house were associated with the mother, who was in jail for murder and several of them were arrested for obstruction and as accomplices to murder. Even the kid was being held on charges from before he went missing. Birds of a feather... I think most people do the right thing with the $15k for motivation. But that’s why it’s there, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist