AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the link handy, but it was a MSM article that said the scent was followed to the end of the driveway, but there was no mention that I recall of where it originated.
I would think her scent was all up and down the driveway since she went every morning down the driveway, waited for the school bus and got on, scent went no further. Her scent must have been all over the deck and front and side yard because she walked her little dog. So, I guess you could say her scent originated all over the house and at all the doors.

I would think her scent was all up and down the driveway since she went every morning down the driveway, waited for the school bus and got on, scent went no further. Her scent must have been all over the deck and front and side yard because she walked her little dog. So, I guess you could say her scent originated all over the house and at all the doors.

I think she may have been a car rider to school, based on some talk here last night she wasn’t attending her zoned school. Wish for sure, that could be all cleared up.

An accomplice?

There aren't all that many. Two I can think of are Erin Caffey and the Richardson family. Those were both resolved very fast - just a day or two.

Was the patio door locked from the inside? We do not know. If so, she did not go out that way

An accomplice?

There aren't all that many. Two I can think of are Erin Caffey and the Richardson family. Those were both resolved very fast - just a day or two.

With such a fast and what seems pre-mediated crime, I do wonder about the possibility this wasn’t a lone criminal. He may have had an accomplice. Just a theory.

ETA: there will be a hole in my theory, no doubt.

The sheriff has never verified that Jayme was heard on the call. He may believe she made the call, which makes more sense, as he did state at one point that both James and Denise were killed instantly, and that the phone was not very near Denise. Denise may not have had a chance to call...in any case, we certainly do not know that Jayme’s voice was heard.

I do not have the links handy for above...I am sure someone better at links can find if needed, that he did in fact say that both were killed instantly and that the phone was on the floor.

Jmo

Wow! I take one weekend off and you guys hang up seventy five pages?!? Wish I had time to read it all...
I would guess that the reasons they knew she was home are going to be in line with the same reasons nobody has heard the tape. I’ve seen some posts about LE not letting the family hear the tape because they might recognize a voice...it’s pushing four months, at what point does LE want to ID the perp??? That doesn’t make sense at all. I would bet the family hasn’t heard it because LE doesn’t think the family can tell them anything or handle hearing it. Would you want to hear your sister/brother begging for their and/or your nieces life? Don’t think I would if that was all that could be heard.

Edit: I’m dumb. Three months.

Last edited:
Here's a thought, MOO -- if there's a knock at my door, even late at night, and I live on a busy stretch of highway known for lethal accidents, if I look out my bedroom window and see a lone individual at my door, and no car in my driveway, my guard would go WAY down. I would ASSUME car accident not homicide-about-to-happen. Perhaps James started to open the door when he caught sight of the weapon and shouldered his weight into the door to get it shut and protect his family.

I wonder what the vehicles of interest were doing at 1 am.... coming? going? speeding? slowing?

And what was troubling to the neighbors' dog that night, just after 1 am that fateful night?

Just my thoughts as I think them...

With such a fast and what seems pre-mediated crime, I do wonder about the possibility this wasn’t a lone criminal. He may have had an accomplice. Just a theory.

ETA: there will be a hole in my theory, no doubt.

Possible but the lack of evidence seems more likely to me that there was just one perp. Two people in that small space, all sorts of confusion, bullets, etc...:( just seems like there would be something more to go on. Also, if two people, motive is even less explicable. This does not seem random AT ALL to me, especially with no theft, no apparent trashing of the home or search for valuables. And I can’t see two people having one motive to “get back” at James or Denise. Not to be rude, as this applies to myself as well, but they seemed to live very average, almost “boring” lives.

All jmo

about the chair...IF it was damaged by a bullet it wouldn't even have to be in the same room where the gun was being fired. that chair could have been in a closet stored and still have gotten bullet damage.

5 feet into the house makes me wonder about the chair that was removed. Was it just hit by flying bullets?

I can’t remember who, and lots of apologies, because it was an excellent finding. The chair might have been used as a shield, based on what looks like gunshot evidence on it. Someone handier than me might have a link to that part of the discussion. It was really interesting, and convincing. If anything, it might have bought Jayme some time.

And no, to a post earlier, nothing has been released that shows anything other than a lot of yelling was made in the 911 call (not definitive words like “run.”). The 911 call was, from what I understand 45-47 seconds (which actually is probably a longer window than one might think, given how fast the crime happened), but a lot happened outside that call, both before and after.

Wow! I take one weekend off and you guys hang up seventy five pages?!? Wish I had time to read it all...
I would guess that the reasons they knew she was home are going to be in line with the same reasons nobody has heard the tape. I’ve seen some posts about LE not letting the family hear the tape because they might recognize a voice...it’s pushing four months, at what point does LE want to ID the perp??? That doesn’t make sense at all. I would bet the family hasn’t heard it because LE doesn’t think the family can tell them anything or handle hearing it. Would you want to hear your sister/brother begging for their and/or your nieces life? Don’t think I would if that was all that could be heard.
I would ABSOLUTELY want to hear it if it meant bringing those responsible to justice. You bet I would.

Here's a thought, MOO -- if there's a knock at my door, even late at night, and I live on a busy stretch of highway known for lethal accidents, if I look out my bedroom window and see a lone individual at my door, and no car in my driveway, my guard would go WAY down. I would ASSUME car accident not homicide-about-to-happen. Perhaps James started to open the door when he caught sight of the weapon and shouldered his weight into the door to get it shut and protect his family.

I wonder what the vehicles of interest were doing at 1 am.... coming? going? speeding? slowing?

And what was troubling to the neighbors' dog that night, just after 1 am that fateful night?

Just my thoughts as I think them...

The car would be on the road and you would not see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads