AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree! I live near a substance abuse treatment facility, and there have been many instances where people have left in the middle of the night and the helicopter has been out searching for them, and also I have had several appear on my porch at my door. I no longer open my door in the middle of the night without checking, and now since this case has unfolded I have installed a RING doorbell so I can check without being close to the door. However before we moved to our present home, we lived in a town similar to Barron, and I would have to say that if someone knocked on my door in the middle of the night I may have answered it, I know for a fact I would have had to walk to the door to see who was there, so I'm curious if the Closs's would have had to walk up to the door to see who was outside. I still feel it was someone that they knew and thats what brought them to the door. IMO
Congrats on arming yourself with one of those video doorbells. It can help a lot.

I wonder what people think a well looks like?

A well is a covered pipe that maybe is 8” in diameter. The pipe is usually sticking out of the ground

It's rural Wisconsin. Old abandoned wells can be out in the country, and the pipe doesn't always stick out of the ground. Old cisterns too, but those would be harder to overlook in a search.

I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks going through the woods at night is even possible unless you have a giant flashlight or the moon is full.

The woods, even on a path, have rocks and roots and branches that slap you in the face.

I can see no reason that someone would go through pitch black woods and down railroad tracks when there are perfectly good roads that carry someone away in minutes. Actually seconds. Going through the woods adds extra layers of time and difficulty for what reason?

There are roads that will bring them anywhere in the United States in a matter of minutes.
One reason comes to my mind, there are no surveillance cameras back there.

I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks going through the woods at night is even possible unless you have a giant flashlight or the moon is full.

The woods, even on a path, have rocks and roots and branches that slap you in the face.

I can see no reason that someone would go through pitch black woods and down railroad tracks when there are perfectly good roads that carry someone away in minutes. Actually seconds. Going through the woods adds extra layers of time and difficulty for what reason?

There are roads that will bring them anywhere in the United States in a matter of minutes.

If u go through woods u avoid cameras and can get a lot places cars can’t. Atv wouldn’t be my first choice as it would be hard to kidnap on one I guess...

I’ve lived in couple places that were wooded and most times kids will build paths to get to school or a restaurant they like ...

Like other sluethers mentioned there’s atv trails galore ...

I would suspect 6 house down meth head over atv getaway but we’re all stunned there’s no arrest yet...

In 6th/7th grade I’d walk to school 3 miles.. on some days .. if you saw overhead map you’d say I couldn’t get there. But a no of kids in neighborhood new path ... no of kids missed bus @ 7 am too...

If you ask any teenagers that live in any mountain town or rural town you will find that traveling the woods at night is definitely possible...I will say when I was in high school all of our drinking spots were in the middle of the woods...we had no trouble getting to them sober in the dark and no problem getting out of them quite inebriated in the dark if you are used to it you can move around in the woods in the dark easily

Last edited:
Sheriff Fitzgerald also stressed that if information “does not come from me, it is not considered credible.”

Essentially this means we have virtually no credible information to work with at all to this point.

Call me skeptical, but I'm not expecting much more than word salads and vague non-answers.

Same. I think at most they’ll reiterate what they already have said. If we are lucky they’ll tell us they got toxicology screens back and what they showed if anything. Or they have important forensics back.

Of what benefit is this when there are perfectly accessible roads that go everywhere and far away?

Well, for starters, its quite a bit like coming in under the radar.

No one will see you on the highway, no one will see you entering or leaving the driveway.

No one will find your tire tracks in the driveway.

You might take them by surprise since you might walk part way in through the back way making virtually zero noise on approach.

I'm sure there are others but these are the first to come to mind.

Maybe they have a credible lead and are hoping to have her alive by then. I think if they already had her alive, we would know. Why wouldn’t they announce that?
well, yall wont like what I think but ill say it anyway. she does not have a legal guardian. if she is in a hospital then who could authorize release of information? the estate has a guardian, the child does not. there are no parents now to authorize anything. I know she has family that love her. that does not make them a legal representative.

I agree, but it would be a more exciting scenario for the upcoming Lifetime movie - starring Valerie Bertinelli as Denise Closs and Bindi Irwin as Jayme! :D

the PT traversed by night, by bike, by walk, stalkers and perps and thiefs often do. NOT saying it was him. someone in a panic or fear may run for their life at night, wouldn't you? just saying, not impossible any more than any theory...

It's rural Wisconsin. Old abandoned wells can be out in the country, and the pipe doesn't always stick out of the ground. Old cisterns too, but those would be harder to overlook in a search.

Here are just some of the rules re wells in WI

b) The following features of all wells and pressure systems on the property shall be considered during a property transfer well inspection and shall include any corrective measures necessary on the inspection form as follows:
1. The need for a more comprehensive search on the property, a diligent search for wells that need to be filled and sealed, or need for additional research when there are indications that potential violations may exist which are not fully identifiable as part of the basic inspection outlined in this paragraph. to 36. Potential violations include a possible unused well, a well possibly located in a floodway or floodplain, or a well possibly located too close to a potential contamination source, including a landfill. The department shall develop guidance for conducting comprehensive searches that fall outside a basic property transfer well and pressure system inspection.
2. The existence of any unused or noncomplying well that is required to be filled and sealed or the existence of any well that was filled and sealed by an unlicensed individual or unregistered person after June 1, 2008.
3. The existence of any well having either stovepipe or thin-walled well casing pipe.
4. The existence of any unsanitary or noncomplying dug well.
5. The existence of any noncomplying or unprotected buried pump suction line.
6. The existence of any noncomplying well pit or subsurface pumproom (alcove).
7. T

A successful outcome though as a nation cheered....
But remember the little Italian boy who fell into a well, the rescue efforts were broadcast live on tv for 18 hours? He kept slipping farther down in the well and reportedly a rescuer had gotten a harness around him before he died.

But remember the little Italian boy who fell into a well, the rescue efforts were broadcast live on tv for 18 hours? He kept slipping farther down in the well and reportedly a rescuer had gotten a harness around him before he died.

I actually do not remember that. That is a heartbreaker but I have no recollection of it. What year?

Well, for starters, its quite a bit like coming in under the radar.

No one will see you on the highway, no one will see you entering or leaving the driveway.

No one will find your tire tracks in the driveway.

You might take them by surprise since you might walk part way in through the back way making virtually zero noise on approach.

I'm sure there are others but these are the first to come to mind.
coming in through the woods/trees also gives you a place to sit and wait and access the house before you approach...you can sit in hiding waiting for lights to go off...someone totake the dog in...someone to finish their cigarette and go inside etc....you can lay in wait hiding until your moment is perfect

the PT traversed by night, by bike, by walk, stalkers and perps and thiefs often do. NOT saying it was him. someone in a panic or fear may run for their life at night, wouldn't you? just saying, not impossible any more than any theory...

I lived in the woods of Northern MN . We had paths through the woods. Every few weeks a lawnmower was taken on the paths to make them walkable. We owned a bunch of property that is all relatives so the paths went to each home through the woods.

As groomed as the trails were, going in the pitch black night is not possible without a flashlight or the moonlight.

I doubt if people wander through the woods without a light of some kind. They would be on the path knocked out by a branch.

The woods . These are not hardwood forests. They have underbrush .

There are animal paths in the woods that lead you all over and they don’t seem to be bothered by a branch that whacks them one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13