AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Fitzgerald also stressed that if information “does not come from me, it is not considered credible.”

Essentially this means we have virtually no credible information to work with at all to this point.

Call me skeptical, but I'm not expecting much more than word salads and vague non-answers.

If he announced a sudden press conference, there'd be a HUGE expectation by the public, that something BIG was about to break. A week out gives us time to adjust (lower) our expectations. MOO

That being said, I'm hopeful it means something big IS about to happen. And that he expects to have abundant information to share within the week. MOO

Hope floats this boat.

I wonder if it is simply the Sheriff is doing his due diligence to give the public an update at the 3 month mark. Sounds like all the “partners” will be available at the presser, as well.

Announcing this a week out seems more like a controlled plan. FBI suggestion maybe. I can think of a few reasons for doing this if it were my investigation.

Unfortunately, friends, supplying the hungry, amateur, civilian sleuths and interested parties would not rank high on my priority list at this point :) -- assuming LE is not showing all their cards.

Unfortunately, friends, supplying the hungry, amateur, civilian sleuths and interested parties would not rank high on my priority list at this point :) -- assuming LE is not showing all their cards.
We may not be high on the priority list, but there's thousands of concerned residents that want answers. They are also voters...

what makes next week better than this week?

That I can’t imagine. I do hope I am wrong but I have yet to see a PC schduled off in the future that held new info.

Just can’t help thinking, new year, new start, let’s plan a PC. Maybe they are bringing in some new detectives to start from scratch, i.e “fresh eyes”theory.

Actually, I asked that question in regard to the idea that she escaped on her own through the woods and fell into a well or pond or something. I wouldn't think the dogs would miss that, you know?

I wonder what people think a well looks like?

A well is a covered pipe that maybe is 8” in diameter. The pipe is usually sticking out of the ground

We may not be high on the priority list, but there's thousands of concerned residents that want answers. They are also voters...

Sure, but I doubt many of those voters are here!

I also apply Occam's Razor to these situations -- assume someone actually knows what they are doing and reverse-engineer their actions based on that assumption. While you might not trust a small county sheriff, there are others involved. You might not agree with their decisions but it doesn't mean there's not a reasonable plan.

I base my thoughts here on the idea if I truly had no evidence or a clue then I'd be supplying more info to the public at large. That might turn out to be a bad assumption but it makes the most sense to me at this time.

I am at a loss to understand why anyone thinks going through the woods at night is even possible unless you have a giant flashlight or the moon is full.

The woods, even on a path, have rocks and roots and branches that slap you in the face.

I can see no reason that someone would go through pitch black woods and down railroad tracks when there are perfectly good roads that carry someone away in minutes. Actually seconds. Going through the woods adds extra layers of time and difficulty for what reason?

There are roads that will bring them anywhere in the United States in a matter of minutes.

I wonder what people think a well looks like?

A well is a covered pipe that maybe is 8” in diameter. The pipe is usually sticking out of the ground
depends on kind of well. a dug well and a drilled well are very different. where I am it is not uncommon for a old home place to have a dug well that has a old board or car hood over it and as that degrades the leaves and topsoil and sand cover it and when weight is placed by a person or animal on the rotten board or rusted old car hood then it all falls threw.

I just saw a news article that next Tuesday at 10 am the sheriffs department is going to release an update on the case

depends on kind of well. a dug well and a drilled well are very different. where I am it is not uncommon for a old home place to have a dug well that has a old board or car hood over it and as that degrades the leaves and topsoil and sand cover it and when weight is placed by a person or animal on the rotten board or rusted old car hood then it all falls threw.

Perhaps. I imagine it is the same in WI as in MN. When buying a home, a question is if there are any old wells on the property.

Nevertheless, no one is going to have a well where someone can fall in and sue the landowner for huge amounts of money.

Dug wells have not been allowed for decades.

that is what most of the wells I've seen look like or they have a makeshift wooden box type built over them...but most are as you described

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214