AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said the Closs family wouldn't come to the door when they came the house. Doesn't that make you wonder why? What if there was a good reason why?

As to the Closs’s not coming to the door: I don’t find that at all odd. Growing up, we often didn’t go to the door. I lived in the country. Solicitors and religious disciples were often knocking. Thus, we ignored them. As an adult, I don’t ever answer my door unless I’ve been texted, messaged or called ahead of time. I find it very intrusive otherwise. Why should I stop my day because someone is rude enough not to check to see if I am busy? It’s disruptive, especially if it’s annoying people. Perhaps the Closs’s felt the same. I’m an introvert, and this is common among introverts. I’ve met others who do the exact same thing. It’s not as uncommon as you might think. I don’t even go to my door to see who it is. My friends and family know to text to make sure I’m available. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Closs’s felt the same way. This is only MY OPINION, of course. Only the Closs’s knew why they didn’t come to the door for their neighbors. I’ve seen this mentioned a million times, so I wanted to give the perspective of someone who does the same. JMO

Last edited:
I feel for the neighbors. They seem like decent people who only want to help. MOO I'm sure they feel SICK about the crimes which occurred but a fraction of a mile from their home and sicker still their didn't call the police when they heard the shots fired. But honestly how could they have known. They themselves weren't even scared. They noted it and eventually went to sleep.
If I had information to share, I'd sure hate if people questioned my motives or even my choice of words. They'd no evidence they've been offered or taken a dime for talking. Just bc some rags pay for stories doesn't mean everyone wants to be paid. Again, I think they want to help. These are people that drive or walk misdelivered mail over to a neighbors they barely know. Good Midwestern folk, IMO. No doubt they're trying to be as helpful and as accurate as possible. For all we know, their clock DID say 12:38 ... and was off by 7 minutes per what they say LE said. We don't know who said subtract. Maybe they HEARD 7 but LE said 17. 12:56. Whether the time was12:38. 12:31, 12:45, 12:58, 12:56, the neighbors did a good job, within a half hour. If the 911 call fromwithin the Closs home never got made, the neighbors' account the next day would be the first and best clue --

MOO They don't need unkindness, not here, not anywhere. We need to encourage people to come forward with tips and support them when they do!
Thank you so much for your post. I, too, believe they mean well and are sick over this. Like you said, we don’t know if they were paid. Someone wanting a story with a camera on your doorstep can be very manipulative. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt. MOO.

As to the Closs’s not coming to the door: I don’t find that at all odd. Growing up, we often didn’t go to the door. I lived in the country. Solicitors and religious disciples were often knocking. Thus, we ignored them. As an adult, I don’t ever answer my door unless I’ve been texted, messaged or called ahead of time. I find it very intrusive otherwise. Why should I stop my day because someone is rude enough not to check to see if I am busy? It’s distuptive, especially if it’s annoying people. Perhaps the Closs’s felt the same. I’m an introvert, and this is common among introverts. I’ve met others who do the exact same thing. It’s not as uncommon as you might think. I don’t even go to my door to see who it is. My friends and family know to text to make sure I’m available. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Closs’s felt the same way. This is only MY OPINION, of course. Only the Closs’s knew why they didn’t come to the door for their neighbors. I’ve seen this mentioned a million times, so I wanted to give the perspective of someone who does the same. JMO
Seems out of character for a woman who is described as Denise has been described. I could see James not answering or Jayme if she was home alone. That is one of the things I said way back, maybe they came knocking when Jayme was alone and she didn't answer the door because she was told not to.
Regardless, they have put things out there that have been disputed so taking things they said as concrete evidence is a bad idea. The FBI and sheriff aren't telling any one anything but told them someone said help on the 911 call? The sheriff even said not to rely on anyone but him to give information.

I feel for the neighbors. They seem like decent people who only want to help. MOO I'm sure they feel SICK about the crimes which occurred but a fraction of a mile from their home and sicker still their didn't call the police when they heard the shots fired. But honestly how could they have known. They themselves weren't even scared. They noted it and eventually went to sleep.
If I had information to share, I'd sure hate if people questioned my motives or even my choice of words. They'd no evidence they've been offered or taken a dime for talking. Just bc some rags pay for stories doesn't mean everyone wants to be paid. Again, I think they want to help. These are people that drive or walk misdelivered mail over to a neighbors they barely know. Good Midwestern folk, IMO. No doubt they're trying to be as helpful and as accurate as possible. For all we know, their clock DID say 12:38 ... and was off by 7 minutes per what they say LE said. We don't know who said subtract. Maybe they HEARD 7 but LE said 17. 12:56. Whether the time was12:38. 12:31, 12:45, 12:58, 12:56, the neighbors did a good job, within a half hour. If the 911 call fromwithin the Closs home never got made, the neighbors' account the next day would be the first and best clue --

MOO They don't need unkindness, not here, not anywhere. We need to encourage people to come forward with tips and support them when they do!

Excellent. Exactly!

44112862_10155847498212546_7194253697507917824_n.jpg

While we're talking about the door...wouldn't it have to be closed to split like it appears happened?

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18
I just saw an episode of Body Cam on ID and the police officer kicked in a door easily and it split just like this one. I was shocked. :eek:

Why is he kicking in doors? I paid $900 for one a few years ago. They are not cheap if you live in the north and want a good door that is weathertight and insulated.
People who think they can change the locks on their rental property and then lose their keys. Kick it open, fix the frame, and put the landlords locks back on. Done.

People who think they can change the locks on their rental property and then lose their keys. Kick it open, fix the frame, and put the landlords locks back on. Done.

Call a locksmith and charge them. Hard to imagine a door that can sustain a kick and not get damaged.

I wonder how that worked on that tiny porch they had plus they had an exterior glass door that would be in the way.

Call a locksmith and charge them. Hard to imagine a door that can sustain a kick and not get damaged.

I wonder how that worked on that tiny porch they had plus they had an exterior glass door that would be in the way.
It cost way less than paying a locksmith. These are steel doors with deadbolts. The wood is the weak point. The lock would still be out in locked position and you would have a split where it busted away from the hole it sets in.
A person who knows what they are doing can probably get it in one kick. Maybe two if they are having a bad day. If the glass door didn't have its mechanism attached then it could swing open and stay open without holding it. It would only be the door latch that kept it in place.
What if someone was prowling with plans to come back later and they were seen through the window? If I looked out the window in the middle of the night and saw someone I would probably scream and wake up the whole house.
If they did shoot at the door before it was open that would have possibly broken the glass door but it seemed to be intact. The glass was still in it anyways. When my mom accidentally put her knee to her full length glass storm door it shattered into a million tiny pieces and fell out all over the place.

It cost way less than paying a locksmith. These are steel doors with deadbolts. The wood is the weak point. The lock would still be out in locked position and you would have a split where it busted away from the hole it sets in.
A person who knows what they are doing can probably get it in one kick. Maybe two if they are having a bad day. If the glass door didn't have its mechanism attached then it could swing open and stay open without holding it. It would only be the door latch that kept it in place.
What if someone was prowling with plans to come back later and they were seen through the window? If I looked out the window in the middle of the night and saw someone I would probably scream and wake up the whole house.
If they did shoot at the door before it was open that would have possibly broken the glass door but it seemed to be intact. The glass was still in it anyways. When my mom accidentally put her knee to her full length glass storm door it shattered into a million tiny pieces and fell out all over the place.

I think for the last thirty years at least, glass doors have safety glass. It does not fall out. Rather it stays together in a million pieces. Or at least that is what I have seen but it is with more expensive patio door or car window glass.

Interesting statement from a cold case detective about Jaymes' case:

"Stranger abduction with two murders inside the home is uncommon", he said in an email to USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin. "
"If the ultimate goal was kidnapping or sex trafficking, Mains said, it wouldn't be necessary to kill the parents."

"You may kill them because they know who you are or because the purpose is to kill them and not the kidnapping," he said. "It is an extra, extraordinary step and it is done for a specific purpose not related to the kidnapping."

Full article can be seen here:
Barron in limbo as one month passes since Jayme Closs disappearance, parents' murders

Unless the perp thought he was saving her from something.

All about glass.

I think by the pictures we have seen, there was no glass breakage in the patio doors or the front glass door.

Why Do Cars’ Glass Break In Such Small Pieces?
Some have speculated that was accomplished with two suspects. One holding the glass door open while the other kicked in the door and started shooting.
How does Swat and LE handle that situation?

looks like Rubiconbob said Jayme's not James :) Jayme was born July 13, 2005. not sure exactly where or if that's ever been confirmed/publicly known

Thanks... mesquite/

hard to keep track all this...2005,
They’ve been working at jenni o 25 yrs...
One article said theyve lived in house 17 yrs, but Smrekars said they moved in about 7 yrs ago....no idea which is correct.

Likely not a big deal or relevant, just curious, if mortgage paid off, if they had old address in Barron what neighbors/neighborhood was like..??
They both make decent money for small town... that just seems odd place to move too with small child... close to school couldn’t cost that much more...

Also aren’t there 3 closs / naibergs on hwy 8... I don’t know why you’d pick hwy with kids / dogs..that clan just likes that hwy I guess...

Anyways, thanks,
Next week, jayme is 13.5 years old, lived in Barron entire life, current house, 7 or 17 yrs.
This has to be targeted, 45000 in Barron County/ 50,000 if u include transients...
there has to be a hit in that populus..

Seems out of character for a woman who is described as Denise has been described. I could see James not answering or Jayme if she was home alone. That is one of the things I said way back, maybe they came knocking when Jayme was alone and she didn't answer the door because she was told not to.
Regardless, they have put things out there that have been disputed so taking things they said as concrete evidence is a bad idea. The FBI and sheriff aren't telling any one anything but told them someone said help on the 911 call? The sheriff even said not to rely on anyone but him to give information.
I do not think it is out of character for Denise not to answer her door. I do think the neighbours would have been better off to not give media interviews. Especially when the sheriff didn't want the locals to. For them to say the Closs family kept to themselves is just their opinion. I see there is a cluster of trees between their house and the Closs's house, and the Closs couple worked shifts at the turkey factory, and Jayme was busy with school and dancing, etc. So I don't think it's a fair assessment. If the Closs's didn't answer the door for their neighbours, well there could be a whole host of reasons. We often don't answer our door, if we are having dinner, napping or simply aren't expecting anyone.

Some have speculated that was accomplished with two suspects. One holding the glass door open while the other kicked in the door and started shooting.
How does Swat and LE handle that situation?

That porch is so tiny for two people amd all of that holdng and kicking action

Swat has a special battering ram

This link explains it well.

I can continue this in a DM if you want. You're overthinking this :)

I have those days that I do overthink everything, no doubt about it. It is a moot point anyhow because the enhanced system put the call to the home. I guess my point was, if I even had one lol, it is one of the few things that we do have, that places phone and caller at the home, plus the phone was found there, so it couldn't have been elsewhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7