AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perp only came 5 feet ( more or less) into the home how did he see or hear (yelling and carrying on) the phone on the floor further into the house? The police didn't even see Denise's body which was further in for some time after they got there. LE rolled up the carpet and removed it leading me to think the phone may have landed on the carpet, then how did the perp hear it hit the floor. And if he did hear it, how did he know LE had been called since he never went near it.
Question is: How did the perp know the phone had fallen to the floor and how did he know that LE had been contacted and know to leave so fast.

The exact quote from the article - "Mech said he believed he recovered a tablet in that search."

1) I'd like to see if this was confirmed anywhere else since he said "believed."
2) No details are given, so who knows what condition it was in. We have 2 old tablets thrown in a drawer in our house because they are a pain to recycle in our area. They would seem "hidden" to most people since they aren't kept anywhere near the rest of our phones, tablets, laptops, etc.

FWIW, though, I wonder if this was mentioned anywhere else.

Surely any device that was anywhere easily accessible within the home would have been noticed prior to the dog finding it. I guess I found it interesting that a device would have been hidden. I find that extremely odd.

Surely any device that was anywhere easily accessible within the home would have been noticed prior to the dog finding it. I guess I found it interesting that a device would have been hidden. I find that extremely odd.

Under a bed, in a closet, desk drawer, etc. Could have been broken or just not used. It's certainly interesting but not necessarily nefarious.

If the perp only came 5 feet ( more or less) into the home how did he see or hear (yelling and carrying on) the phone on the floor further into the house? The police didn't even see Denise's body which was further in for some time after they got there. LE rolled up the carpet and removed it leading me to think the phone may have landed on the carpet, then how did the perp hear it hit the floor. And if he did hear it, how did he know LE had been called since he never went near it.
Question is: How did the perp know the phone had fallen to the floor and how did he know that LE had been contacted and know to leave so fast.
I believe the carpet was removed after the home was turned over to family. I still believe that Denise's body was not found right away because she was in the bathroom (tub?) I believe the phone was kicked away from after Denise was shot and before the 911 connected. I also believe Denise made the call after James was shot. I think Jayme was in the bathroom or near it at the time Denise was shot. MO

Depends on what they're looking for, where they're looking for it, and what one would consider "easily accessible."

We have no details on this, so it isn't out the realm that it was thrown in a box or storage bin with a bunch of other things and put up on a shelf in some closet somewhere. I wouldn't call that hidden, nor would I expect it to be found during an initial investigation of the property.

Yeah - agree, I'd sure hope LE opens drawers, looks on shelves & checks closets

If you gotta bring in a dog to sniff things out, dollars to donuts, what you're looking for is well hidden

That was my thought. A routine search would include common areas like drawers etc. A dog could sniff out places that weren’t discovered. This dog specifically works I’m missing persons cases as well but the video focused on his ability to discover electronics and things of that nature. He wouldn’t comment on the case specifically when asked because it’s still open.

I believe the carpet was removed after the home was turned over to family. I still believe that Denise's body was not found right away because she was in the bathroom (tub?) I believe the phone was kicked away from after Denise was shot and before the 911 connected. I also believe Denise made the call after James was shot. I think Jayme was in the bathroom or near it at the time Denise was shot. MO
Then are you suggesting that the perp did in fact go all the way into the house, find Denise and kill her, and that you don't believe what the sheriff said when he made the comment that the shooter was in their for four minutes and no further than 5 feet in? I am not arguing with you just trying to come to a conclusion.

Under a bed, in a closet, desk drawer, etc. Could have been broken or just not used. It's certainly interesting but not necessarily nefarious.
If it was under Jayme's bed I would think that could be ruled out if the mattress taken out was hers... they would have found it then.

Yep, i accidently mentioned it posts back, month ago, and admin slapped my hand for it and deleted, as well as my post Monday. I apparently do not learn the first time.

This sleuth group has literally sanitized the entire world of this family so far. We have yet to cover the garbage man, mail carrier and maytag repair man, if that helps

I got a hand slap too way back. It’s possible I think to follow someone without approval and the follow could have happened around the first days of the case. I can’t see when it was made but I am chalking it up to someone having an interest to learn more or possibly a wrong add because they had friends or family with a similar name. Also, I would think it was have been investigated at the time and if it were important there would have been follow up.

It never hurts to dig around but trouble comes when trying to make connections that haven’t been by police (and sharing them in public). If in your digging around you find something of a gem, you could pass along information in a tip line.

Yeah - agree, I'd sure hope LE opens drawers, looks on shelves & checks closets

If you gotta bring in a dog to sniff things out, dollars to donuts, what you're looking for is well hidden

The first article I find that mentions the dogs is dated 10/29 and they had already been used. So we are talking using these dogs in the first few weeks of the investigation. They are being used to help and speed up finding devices so that LE could focus on searching other areas. It's a great time saver for LE who can't be expected to open every box in every closet within the first days of an investigation - especially if trying to preserve the scene.

A tablet shoved away in someplace is exactly why these dogs are brought in. Without knowing the condition it was in, there are 100's of reasons why it may have been out of sight.

Thanks, some folks follow these muli-page threads more closely than some of us are able.
No problem and no disrespect to you. I have said it before, it is impossible to go back and look at 32 threads. A bunch of us have been on here from the start and as I stated, almost everything has been discussed ( with the info that is out there ). I still come back every day in the hopes that something new is thought of by this wonderful collection of minds. Keep your questions coming, we can't let this die

Suppose it's possible - for instance if LE looked in my family's garage when I was 13 they'd go 'ugh, get the dogs' lol ;)

Though I'd expect they would still find themselves going through everything by hand anyway.

Impression I got here was that they HAD done a thorough search & the dogs were to be thorough & ensure nothing was missed.

Should have said MOO previously. MOO too with this post

The first article I find that mentions the dogs is dated 10/29 and they had already been used. So we are talking using these dogs in the first few weeks of the investigation. They are being used to help and speed up finding devices so that LE could focus on searching other areas. It's a great time saver for LE who can't be expected to open every box in every closet within the first days of an investigation - especially if trying to preserve the scene.

A tablet shoved away in someplace is exactly why these dogs are brought in. Without knowing the condition it was in, there are 100's of reasons why it may have been out of sight.

Right. Out of sight I would understand. But in an area where only a dog is able to find it after a team of investigators did not is very odd to me. I cannot think of a reason to hide a device so well that investigators would not find it when investigating a double murder unless someone REALLY didn't want it found.

Right. Out of sight I would understand. But in an area where only a dog is able to find it after a team of investigators did not is very odd to me. I cannot think of a reason to hide a device so well that investigators would not find it when investigating a double murder unless someone REALLY didn't want it found.
Do the dogs only find lap top size devices or could they have turned up a thumb drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski