AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which movie are you seeing ? :)
Just being nosy.

Also marking my spot, and disappointed to see she hasn't been found safe.

The family gathering is interesting.
Esp. that it was held on a Sun. night, which most people do not do --- as other posters pointed out ---since it's a school night.

Still getting a bit of Joseph Duncan vibes... but if LE maintains their view that the public isn't in any danger ; well , then.
But it absolutely astonishes me that LE would say that--- I'd be afraid at night if I lived in that area !!! :eek:

So LE might feel this is someone known to the family ?
How sad is that . A person the parents might have trusted and allowed into their home .
I think the mothers aunt passed away not too long ago. Maybe it was a memorial gathering or something. Idk

If they were there with a gun to get Jaymie, why would there be a discussion. Bang, bang, grab the girl and go. Or why not grab the girl when she's walking to school?

We could ask these same 'why' questions in every case and often we do everytime.

The only ones that know the answers to why they did it the way they did it is to get the answers from them.

All of those questions no matter the case rarely if ever comes..

Someone at the end of thread #1 lamented their are no organized citizen searches. This is the last thing we need - more dead citizens; we already have two. This guy is dangerous and likely very unstable. He needs an expert hostage negotiator working with him. However, to aide discovery, I hope they are using infrared drones. Something similar to this:
The Thermal Advantage: Search and Rescue Drones with FLIR Infrared

Amateur opinion and speculation only

agree with all this. Was reported yesterday they were using drones, I assume they were like the ones you are talking about. I think to have an organized volunteer search they need to get a better idea of somewhere to search.

The internet can easily locate anyone now. I had to remove my name/information after I did a search on FASTPEOPLESEARCH. It showed cities where I lived, address, phone numbers and people that was associated with me. She could have easily given her name in any situation and someone could have located her with very little information.

Now that I got my 10 month old nephew down for his afternoon nap I can sit here and type a more in depth post as to why I believe this is a sexual predator kidnapping. I think some are looking too much into LE's comments when really this is all in front of our faces.

Typically in abductions in the middle of the night we see that the child is much younger in age like 1-11 years old and the perp just carries them out of the home without the parents hearing. We have seen this in so many missing child cases where the child is taken in the middle of the night. In Jayme's case because she is 13 years old it would be absolutely 100% impossible for the perp to just carry her sleeping body out to their vehicle to take her or abduct her during the day because a lot of things factor into it.

1. She's much heavier in weight at 13 years old.

2. Would be more apt to wake up and cause commotion in the home thus waking up her parents.

3. Would be very hard to do this during the day because of being seen by someone.

I believe this sexual predator broke into the home with the intention of taking Jayme but in order for them to successfully get her out of the home they would have had to do this in the middle of the night as well as take out her parents otherwise they would have no doubt had way more of a chance than getting caught.

LE's comments about not being a danger to the public is another indication that this is a sexual predator case IMO because this leads me to believe that the perps intentions was to take Jayme only and that she was only the targeted child around here. The comment could also indicate that they may have evidence to suggest that she was being watched. Maybe someone seen a strange vehicle around the house recently and pointed this out to LE so they're going off that?

About them coming out and saying that Jayme was seen at a family gather, I don't believe that this comment is anything other than LE telling the public when she was last seen. There needs to be some sort of time line out there so that the public has something to go off of in case someone may have seen something prior to her going missing.

Anyways this is all JMO!! Looking forward to the presser at 4PM!
I wonder if it was the perps original intention to take her without waking the parents, as we have seen in other cases. Maybe the mother was shot in a struggle to protect her daughter, and the dad was shot as the perp was trying to get her out the door, which allowed her to get a chance to call 911. It's hard to know without enough details. Was is definitely a cell phone or could it have been a landline?

Because the police heard the altercation on the 911 call.

Think about it, if you wanted to take Jaymie, is this how you would go about it? I don't think the perp knew she was there.
Okay, it may have been the word "discussion" that was throwing me. As if they all sat down at the table and had a discussion. Altercation works for me.

I disagree that the perp didn't know she was there, though. I think she was the very reason he was there, but she may have tried to hide.
MOO

No. Autopsy reports are not complete yet. Based on this morning's presser I'm not sure if they will release them either. JMO.

Jumping off your post, here's a quick transcription (my own) regarding the autopsy mention from the presser:

REPORTER: Sheriff, you said that casings, gun casings were found, bullet casings were found, but yet you refuse to say the manner in which the two were killed. The assumption would be that it was a homicide by shooting. Can you comment at all on cause of death at this point, given that discrepancy?

SHERIFF CHRIS FITZGERALD: We will not be commenting on death, we are waiting on the autopsy reports to be done. The autopsies [are] being done currently, after that we hope to get a preliminary autopsy results. Hopefully at 4 o’clock we will be able to release more information about that.

Adding the presser video, for reference.

Has anyone strolled the street looking for surveillance? I can only find 2 cameras, one at Kwik Trip and the other at Holiday. Judging by the way they are pointed I doubt they would offer up much as far as street traffic. But traffic at that hour in a town like that probably isn't very busy. The home is located outside of the city and the perp would have to either flee through the city or through very rural areas that probably don't have much in surveillance. I would think they would be pulling all surveillance from HWY 8, 25 & 53? The exit out of the area really leads to a lot of nothingness in that part of the state. Which answers the "how could she just vanish" question floating around SM.

I am curious to hear the preliminary autopsy findings. The sheriff seemed reluctant to say that gunshots were the definitive cause of death for the victims. Something about this whole thing makes it seem like the crime scene was perhaps a bit more sinister than they are saying. moo

Has anyone discussed how rural this area is? It is surrounded by forests and lakes and rivers.

Highway 53 will lead you up to Minnesota and then Canada to the north.

To the south, it joins with 94 which will bring you to Chicago. I have driven these highways many times and there are miles of nothing but woods.

There are seasonal lake homes and cabins in the area with people from all over including Minnesota and Chicago. Some of the lake homes may cost $1 mil.

Would it be safe to assume these lake homes and cabins are mostly empty/vacant this time of year? If I just kidnapped someone This would be the type of place i would look to stash them or lay low for awhile.

I about lost it. At the presser they said the public wasn't in danger. Seriously??? We have 2 parents dead, the 13 yr old daughter kidnapped & no suspect, nobody seen anything. Seriously?????? Everyone is in danger!!!! Until they figure this out!

Just wondering (not accusing) if meth could have been a possibility. You would think, however, this would have already been in the news. Next thinking stop (for me) would be online. Seems strange to just target a house and teenage girl who live in the middle of nowhere. Robbery doesn't appear to be a motive. What could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL