AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was the media using them and not LE? Just saying, many media folks use a FB or social media photo of a missing person when they're trying to get their story out quickly.
No, the photo on the Amber Alert on NMEC was an old photo as well. The photos on the Sheriff's Office FB were old photos as well. So, it wasn't just the media doing so.

Jumping off your post, here's a quick transcription (my own) regarding the autopsy mention from the presser:

REPORTER: Sheriff, you said that casings, gun casings were found, bullet casings were found, but yet you refuse to say the manner in which the two were killed. The assumption would be that it was a homicide by shooting. Can you comment at all on cause of death at this point, given that discrepancy?

SHERIFF CHRIS FITZGERALD: We will not be commenting on death, we are waiting on the autopsy reports to be done. The autopsies [are] being done currently, after that we hope to get a preliminary autopsy results. Hopefully at 4 o’clock we will be able to release more information about that.

Adding the presser video, for reference.

Thank you! I missed that part. I just recall getting the feeling he didn't want to release much info on the crime scene or the parents' deaths. He was trying to keep the focus on finding Jayme- JMO. Hopefully we will learn more in a few hours.

I wonder if it was the perps original intention to take her without waking the parents, as we have seen in other cases. Maybe the mother was shot in a struggle to protect her daughter, and the dad was shot as the perp was trying to get her out the door, which allowed her to get a chance to call 911. It's hard to know without enough details. Was is definitely a cell phone or could it have been a landline?
He said it was made with a cell phone. Asked by a reporter if the word “help” could be heard on the 911 call, the sheriff responded, “I don’t know if the word help was said. I can’t comment on that.”

The sheriff said authorities don’t know who placed the 911 call because no one had contact with the 911 dispatchers. “We don’t know the answer to that,” he said, indicating that dispatchers “heard background noise. We are processing that.”
Jayme Closs: Is There a Suspect? What’s Known So Far | Heavy.com

I don't recall seeing these photos before, so adding them here. From the Daily Mail article below.

5092444-6282083-image-a-2_1539697701690.jpg
Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old missing Wisconsin girl whose parents were found dead inside their home, may have been spotted at a Miami gas station, police have revealed

5092450-6282083-image-a-8_1539697792859.jpg
Both of Jayme's parents had suffered gunshot wounds. Pictured is an undated photo of Denise with Jayme

Missing 13-year-old girl Wisconsin girl may have been spotted in Miami | Daily Mail Online

The grandfather of a Wisconsin teenager who has been missing since her parents were found dead in their home says nothing seemed amiss at a family gathering she and her mother attended the day before her disappearance.

RN told The Associated Press on Tuesday that 13-year-old Jayme Closs "was quiet as always" on Sunday at his grandson's birthday party.

RN is the father of Jayme's mother, 46-year-old Denise Closs, who was found dead along with Jayme's father, 56-year-old James Closs, at around 1 a.m. Monday in their home in the western Wisconsin town of Barron. The authorities are searching for Jayme, who isn't a suspect in her parents' deaths.

RN says his daughter was a "thoughtful person" who brought "a little gift for everybody" at the party. He says Jayme's father was working at the time of the party.
Miami police: Possible sighting of missing Wisconsin girl

Has anyone strolled the street looking for surveillance? I can only find 2 cameras, one at Kwik Trip and the other at Holiday. Judging by the way they are pointed I doubt they would offer up much as far as street traffic. But traffic at that hour in a town like that probably isn't very busy. The home is located outside of the city and the perp would have to either flee through the city or through very rural areas that probably don't have much in surveillance. I would think they would be pulling all surveillance from HWY 8, 25 & 53? The exit out of the area really leads to a lot of nothingness in that part of the state. Which answers the "how could she just vanish" question floating around SM.

A lot of people have trail cams nowadays and perhaps something like the Nest. Who knows if those would provide any info.

Is there a lot of burglary in that area? Then people may have cameras

Jumping off your post, here's a quick transcription (my own) regarding the autopsy mention from the presser:

REPORTER: Sheriff, you said that casings, gun casings were found, bullet casings were found, but yet you refuse to say the manner in which the two were killed. The assumption would be that it was a homicide by shooting. Can you comment at all on cause of death at this point, given that discrepancy?

SHERIFF CHRIS FITZGERALD: We will not be commenting on death, we are waiting on the autopsy reports to be done. The autopsies [are] being done currently, after that we hope to get a preliminary autopsy results. Hopefully at 4 o’clock we will be able to release more information about that.

Adding the presser video, for reference.

Thank you.

So he did leave bullet casings behind. Since he said bullet casings that rules out a shotgun being used since they would have referred to them as shell casing.

It could be a long gun of some kind but I tend to believe it will turn out to be a high powered handgun. Much easier to conceal when approaching the home.

Would it be safe to assume these lake homes and cabins are mostly empty/vacant this time of year? If I just kidnapped someone This would be the type of place i would look to stash them or lay low for awhile.

Some will be used for deer hunting season coming up. If they are not homes, but cabins, the electricty has been disconnected and the water has been drained and antifreeze has been put in the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea