AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get why the NY Post would tweet/retweet something that Wisconsin authorities have cast doubt on.?!?

New York Post on Twitter
This happens all the time. Reputable news organizations and rags like the Post, continuously post old Tweets in order to drive up website traffic.

It’s super annoying in general, but has more serious implications with the stakes being as high as they are here.

My last thought tonight. Firstly I truly hope to wake up and read that Jayme has been located unharmed.

For you very experienced sleuthers with this community being so small would it be unheard of that law enforcement ask all employers to report any and all employees that have not reported for work the last two days?

Too me this would at least give a list of individuals to just start with. But then again I wonder if that's legal or ethical.

I’m not the first poster to mention it but I can’t get Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman out of my head here. Setting aside the drug angle in that case, people in their area knew what happened. Apparently they knew right away and it was more than just one or two. Fear is a great silencer. LE needs to find a way to overcome that. It seems unlikely that a random stranger rolled in to this small town, found this family, and did all of this. Someone knows. Obviously, jmo.
Wow what a horrible case

I’m not the first poster to mention it but I can’t get Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman out of my head here. Setting aside the drug angle in that case, people in their area knew what happened. Apparently they knew right away and it was more than just one or two. Fear is a great silencer. LE needs to find a way to overcome that. It seems unlikely that a random stranger rolled in to this small town, found this family, and did all of this. Someone knows. Obviously, jmo.

Conversly, my first thought was being unpleasantly reminded of Joseph Duncan III's insane and bizarre crimes.

I just don't get why the NY Post would tweet/retweet something that Wisconsin authorities have cast doubt on.?!?

New York Post on Twitter
I was just about to post similar. I can't believe how many msm news sites are still reporting wrong info. And that includes articles posted in the last hour by local Wisconsin sites! Don't the reporters bother to fact check? Did none of them watch the presser?

Sheesh!

I see nothing on MSM and am curious would the sheriff tweet an update like that or post on their Facebook ? Seems something like this would be handled in a live press conference

Agreed. Nothing has happened, IMO. My meme was meant to poke fun at what is going on around here though, not the case. Lots of wild posts flying around and all I could think was "I know nothing". ;):D

This is true...I havent been through international falls in 20 or so years but it was pretty sleepy and unassuming.
Since 9-11 things have changed. Plus, you need a Passport or another kind of card to cross the border. Going up highway 53 to 61 and up through Thunder Bay rather than I Falls.

But I doubt a border crossing

@WisconsinSleuth02 you seem like a very mature and intelligent 13 year old. I say this as someone whose 15 year old stepdaughter is in honors/AP everything. Surprising to see a young teen such as yourself on here.
Lol agree but at at first I assumed they might be elderly.

No but for real if you are 13 and passionate about this then perhaps this can be a future career. But as a heads up, people might think it’s a little weird so maybe be on the DL

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there was an advanced search of the wooded area. Believe me, it is very easy to get lost up north, because of the plentiful trees and the vast barrenness of the area. The idea that she could be in the woods is also a credible theory. Does anybody know about that tv show where a girl is hidden in the bunker in the woods? I have a theory that this could be what has happened, but it was likely a family member.

Thoughts?
I could get on board with this...how advanced were the drone searches? Could a drone see disturbances in the land through the forest? How extensive was the first drone search?

Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering: Sheriff

"Wisconsin authorities on Tuesday revealed more about the 911 call that led them to the dead bodies of Denise and James Closs, the parents of missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who is considered in danger.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters that dispatchers received an unusual call Monday just before 1 a.m. from inside the Closs residence in Barron.

“It was on a cell phone and there was no comment made — no one communicated with the dispatcher,” Fitzgerald said. “I don’t know if the word ‘help’ was said, but there was some sort of disturbance going on, which is why officers were sent to the house.”

He also disclosed that there was a family gathering inside the Closs home on Sunday afternoon and Jayme was present....

Fitzgerald previously said that gunshots were involved, but he did not release specific causes of death for either parent. He has said that Jayme is not a suspect in the killings...

Fitzgerald said then that they did not yet have suspects or leads...."

Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly, I've only met three kinds of Yoopers, the kind that shoot someone on site, the kind that would invite an armed robber inside for dinner, and the kind that will try and sell you literally anything, even for pennies.

On a more helpful note, honestly, just by avoiding some of the main highways and staying clear of Marquette, a perp could avoid being found for a long time- though that's just how the north is in general. Honestly, there are so many unoccupied cabins or trailers that they could be hidden until November with no suspicion. That's assuming they'd even need to break in, if the perp had a gun they could be a hunter that owns land- they wouldn't be a local, may not even be known to the local community, but they would know the area well.

I don’t live there now but I’m a born and raised Michigander. If I was trying to get out of Wisconsin undetected, I’d totally go via the UP to the Mac and down to the LP. Mostly because everyone would likely assume you’d head to Minnesota and points west. I feel like the only people who remember that WI and MI also share a non-water border are the people who live on it. (Also Yoopers mind their own bees wax in my experience). Jmo.

My last thought tonight. Firstly I truly hope to wake up and read that Jayme has been located unharmed.

For you very experienced sleuthers with this community being so small would it be unheard of that law enforcement ask all employers to report any and all employees that have not reported for work the last two days?

Too me this would at least give a list of individuals to just start with. But then again I wonder if that's legal or ethical.
LE requested that info pretty much in press conference (they normally do in most cases), to report changes in anyone's routine, anyone who didn't show up for work, anyone acting strangely. I don't believe it's illegal or unethical at all, especially when attempting to catch a murderer and a kidnapper. jmo

Honestly, I've only met three kinds of Yoopers, the kind that shoot someone on site, the kind that would invite an armed robber inside for dinner, and the kind that will try and sell you literally anything, even for pennies.

On a more helpful note, honestly, just by avoiding some of the main highways and staying clear of Marquette, a perp could avoid being found for a long time- though that's just how the north is in general. Honestly, there are so many unoccupied cabins or trailers that they could be hidden until November with no suspicion. That's assuming they'd even need to break in, if the perp had a gun they could be a hunter that owns land- they wouldn't be a local, may not even be known to the local community, but they would know the area well.
And thanks for defining "Yooper" ...! New one on me....

Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering: Sheriff

"Wisconsin authorities on Tuesday revealed more about the 911 call that led them to the dead bodies of Denise and James Closs, the parents of missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who is considered in danger.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told reporters that dispatchers received an unusual call Monday just before 1 a.m. from inside the Closs residence in Barron.

“It was on a cell phone and there was no comment made — no one communicated with the dispatcher,” Fitzgerald said. “I don’t know if the word ‘help’ was said, but there was some sort of disturbance going on, which is why officers were sent to the house.”

He also disclosed that there was a family gathering inside the Closs home on Sunday afternoon and Jayme was present....

Fitzgerald previously said that gunshots were involved, but he did not release specific causes of death for either parent. He has said that Jayme is not a suspect in the killings...

Fitzgerald said then that they did not yet have suspects or leads...."

Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to point out that the part about the family gathering being at their house was corrected by LE at this afternoon's presser. The gathering was not at the Closs residence. Not that I think this is a big deal if it had been, but some posters are making their theories around the party being at the crime scene-- People got this detail wrong. The party was elsewhere.

Video of presser is here: WKOW 27

The Canadian border is fairly porous. I think checkpoints are only on major roads. If he knows the back roads from Minnesota, or from Wisconsin through the the Upper Peninsula of Michigan into Canada, it can be done.

MVHO.

Can you point to some back roads? Have never heard of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members