AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to repost my post about why I don't think it's a robbery or the parents were the target for the night crew. JMO:

It's a very big jump for any criminal to go from burglary to double murder and kidnapping. Many people who are just fine with robbery or even harming an adult would not hurt a child. There's a reason why child predators are often killed or targeted in prison and it's because even other serious criminals believe that harming a child is wrong.

If you actually look at previous cases where a family is murdered and a young daughter is taken, it is often the work of a child sexual predator.

If the motive was robbery, or to "get back" at the parents for something, why would the perpetrator kidnap Jayme? If that was the point, why not murder all three people in their home? The parents are dead, so "taking" Jayme inflicts no further damage on them. Why would you want to be responsible for a living 13 year old who is just a walking evidence shedding machine if your goal has been accomplished by breaking into a home and killing the residents?

It doesn't make sense. It gives LE the greatest impetus possible to track you down on the hope that the child is still alive. It makes your escape so much more complicated and your continued running much more perilous than if you were alone and could slip away.

The only thing that makes sense is that Jayme was the purpose of this. I know people have asked why didn't the perpetrator snatch her off the street, but how do we know she was often alone outside or anywhere? If her parents were "reclusive" as early reports from the neighbors state, Jayme may have been too - keeping to herself or her very populated extracurricular activities that all seemed to be team sports (dance, cross country). Perhaps after watching her, the perpetrator knew the best chance he knew to find Jayme alone was at midnight at her house. If he was someone she spoke to online under false pretenses she may have said in casual conversation that her parents go to bed early, or she's often up late in her room reading. We just don't know.

But we do have the benefit of examining previous situations and cases that appeared similar on the outside, and LE, of course, has inside information to compare as well.

I believe I read above that Jayme had been at a family gathering earlier however her Dad had not been able to attend as he was working. Does anyone know the shifts that the Jennie-O plant worked? 3-8 hour shifts versus 2-12 hour shifts?
I only ask because I am assuming (Dangerous I know) that if this was an afternoon gathering then the possibility of Dad working 2nd. Around here that's 3pm-11pm if so he being awake at 1am would not be a terrible stretch.

In my early years my husband and I split shifts so we did not have to worry about childcare, He would work 1st and I 2nd then we would switch every year, I would do 1st he 2nd.

Who ever had the afternoon shift was typically up until 2am-3am as it would take a few hours to unwind.

Last edited:
Stupid to ask to privately interview them? XD (I wouldn't do it anyway, but did LE?)

Yes I would recommend you not interfere in an active law enforcement investigation and you should probably talk to your parents before you inadvertently insert yourself in one given you have posted multiple times that you live in the area and are the same age as the missing girl.

There is a chance that they went to rob the house thinking that it was vacant, were startled by her parents, and had/found guns to kill them and take the girl as a hostage.

But why would the other account have followers who got the alert when it happened?

It doesn’t mean they got the alert when it happened necessarily. People may have heard about Jayme on the news and then looked her up on Instagram and started to follow her. That doesn’t seem strange to me at all in missing persons cases. JMO

But why would the other account have followers who got the alert when it happened?

What are you talking about?

Jayme has one private instagram account that she apparently used and posted on. That account is private and you cannot see her followers or who she follows.

Jayme has a second, perhaps older (since she looks younger in the picture) instagram account with 0 posts and she is following only 3 celebrities. That account is public so any person who wants to can click follow and follow the account. It could be fake, dormant, or a spare account. People like yourself, apparently, followed since the news broke. I see no other reason why 250 people would follow an account with 0 posts and 3 friends.

What are you talking about?

Jayme has one private instagram account that she apparently used and posted on. That account is private and you cannot see her followers or who she follows.

Jayme has a second, perhaps older (since she looks younger in the picture) instagram account with 0 posts and she is following only 3 celebrities. That account is public so any person who wants to can click follow and follow the account. It could be fake, dormant, or a spare account. People like yourself, apparently, followed since the news broke. I see no other reason why 250 people would follow an account with 0 posts and 3 friends.
That is true. This could be a fake account which was just spur of the moment - and added 3 celebrities to look proper. I'll watch this to see if anymore are added. We can then discern to see if this was a fake. Most girls on instagram at my age are private - and that makes sense if Jayme was as well. I'll see if more were added.

MOO, but I feel like we are just spinning our wheels at this point. Lots of speculation, but very little factual information to go off of.

I’m going into lurker mode for awhile, will throughly read through all of the posts here and review press conference information so I only have the facts.

I hope that LE continues to disseminate information that helps bring Jayme back to her grandpa.

Also, last time I checked, we had 255 or so followers, not in the 260s. This is likely the fake account. Speaking of the cell phone used to call - was it recovered?

That is true. This could be a fake account which was just spur of the moment - and added 3 celebrities to look proper. I'll watch this to see if anymore are added. We can then discern to see if this was a fake. Most girls on instagram at my age are private - and that makes sense if Jayme was as well. I'll see if more were added.

That account is very likely fake. Fake accounts pop up all the time in missing persons/crime cases. Following only a few celebrities is a huge indicator of a fake page. JME

ABC World News with David Muir video

DESPERATE SEARCH FOR TEEN: The nationwide search is intensifying for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who went missing after her parents were found dead in their Wisconsin home – with a 911 call coming in from the scene with no one talking on the other end. Alex Perez reports from Wisconsin. abcn.ws/2CMJTBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring