AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the abductor risk going to Canada when the upper peninsula of Michigan has like three people and a pack of sled dogs in the entire area?
Lol, don't rile the Yoopers! The temperatures aren't conducive to hiding out at this time of year and it's already snowing in some places. Getting supplies isn't easy either.

And hey, once again thanks to members for posting the afternoon presser! I too am interested in how the cell phone call ended. I think we'll get an answer at some point - IMO the sheriff has been pretty good with releasing info that doesn't impair the investigation. At least compared to other cases here.

I bet LE has much more information than we think and with multiple agencies working on the case I hope we'll see a break soon.

What is going on here?

i-know-nothing-rhbfpk.jpg

I KNOW NOTHING! | Make a Meme

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is helping with the search for Jayme Closs in Barron County, Wisconsin.

RELATED: Sheriff's Office IDs 2 Found Dead in Barron County Home, Amber Alert Remains in Place for Missing Teen

NCMEC has a group of experts called Team Adam, and they are in Barron County right now.

According to Jacob Wetterling Resource Center Program Manager Alison Feigh, the group is comprised of retired members of law enforcement.
How Outside Experts are Helping Search For Jayme Closs

Why would the abductor risk going to Canada when the upper peninsula of Michigan has like three people and a pack of sled dogs in the entire area?
Honestly, I've only met three kinds of Yoopers, the kind that shoot someone on site, the kind that would invite an armed robber inside for dinner, and the kind that will try and sell you literally anything, even for pennies.

On a more helpful note, honestly, just by avoiding some of the main highways and staying clear of Marquette, a perp could avoid being found for a long time- though that's just how the north is in general. Honestly, there are so many unoccupied cabins or trailers that they could be hidden until November with no suspicion. That's assuming they'd even need to break in, if the perp had a gun they could be a hunter that owns land- they wouldn't be a local, may not even be known to the local community, but they would know the area well.

I’m not the first poster to mention it but I can’t get Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman out of my head here. Setting aside the drug angle in that case, people in their area knew what happened. Apparently they knew right away and it was more than just one or two. Fear is a great silencer. LE needs to find a way to overcome that. It seems unlikely that a random stranger rolled in to this small town, found this family, and did all of this. Someone knows. Obviously, jmo.

Seriously. I've been there many times and this is so true...
Chi
For me: Arrowhead of Minnesota yes. International Falls MN yes. Green Bay WI yes. Upper Peninsula MI no. Someday hopefully, to visit all 3 people.
But seriously, any of these directions would offer a low viewing escape from Barron. jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member