AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live a couple hours away and my hubby is a hunter. Wisconsin law states you cannot hunt after the sun sets. Period.

I live near a woods and sometimes hear gunshots after hours even though they shouldn't be shooting at that time. It wouldnt be that unusual to hear guns at night or early a.m. during hunting season.

Here's another one I hadn't seen before. It's an interview between reporter and one of the neighbors who heard the gun shots.

Interview with neighbor, starting at 1:06 (transcribed by me):
It was just right after 12:30, um, we heard two gunshots; boom, and then boom just seconds after that first one and I turned to Tom and I said was that gunshots, and he said, "Yeah." And I said, he says, "Boy, that was a big gun."

AMBER alert issued for girl, 13, taken from WI home
*video at link

Those who live up in the area /know it, can you confirm it is normal to hear gunshots from hunting so close to a resident home?

This concept of the neighbor and their explanation is very strange to me, personally, from the distance of the neighbor house in the video with the reporter standing in front. For one, I live on a woodland reservation and hunting here, when in season, is specifically not allowed after sundown. You will be arrested immediately if they find you. And everyone will call the police, no matter how "used to it" they are.

I know that if gunshots were loud enough to wake me up at night where I am located I would be freaking the heck out and calling 911 immediately. Even moreso around ~1230am on Monday morning when most people have work in the morning I wouldn't be very chill that it ~just must be some hunters doing their thing~. I have been living here for 19 years and never once heard a gunshot pass 8pm, nevermind loud enough that would be from that distance between the neighbor's house and Jayme's place that I would be okay with dismissing at any time of the day.

Looking at the area on google map /earth, it looks plenty populated enough with housing that, if it were in MA (my state), they would not be allowed within a certain range in respect to residents...?

I am really wondering what the rules in WI are like for this. This neighbor's account doesn't sit right with me, but I know hunting laws and regulations vary state to state so was hoping to get a better idea.

I lived in the country in MN and gun shots were often heard. No one was allowed to shoot within so many feet of any building. I am going to say 300 but I do not recall.

Any building even means a shed. So no one should have been shooting by me, but no one ever said anything, that I know of.

If I heard some going off at night, I would figure it was a neighbor killing something that was eating their chickens or a pet.

I always felt it was a perfect situation to murder someone in the country as we never paid attention to gunshots.

I personally hate guns. There are guns that can shoot up to a mile or maybe further away. I would think in a town like Barron it may be of more concern, but the neighbors did not seem to be concerned

humm

just heard about this

there is IMO something very unique in the cops intense interest (first thing he bought up) regarding changes in behavior. That IMO indicates they believe it was someone known to the folks in the house.

A random person committing a crime would probably not respond that way, It seems as if they kinda know that this might have been something that got out of hand, and the perp (S) would be feeling guilty scared overwhelmed or anxious.

A bit confused as to why (considering two dead people) the 911 call is like a mystery. It almost again fuels above notions - it would make sense for someone scared to dial 911 but not speak.

If someone is killing people i would think there would be a fear of talking and or being found.

For some reason this does not (MOO) feel random - its someone or some folks who are connected with all three of them.

It also might (pure speculation) - be fleeing as opposed to be abducted - it just is a possibility.

just gut stuff,.............

I know that if gunshots were loud enough to wake me up at night where I am located I would be freaking the heck out and calling 911

I do t live I. wI but fro experience living I. The north woods, I would do nothing. You are not supposed to shoot after dark but it happens. If it’s late and I hear gunfire, I assume it’s to drive off a critter.

humm

just heard about this

there is IMO something very unique in the cops intense interest (first thing he bought up) regarding changes in behavior. That IMO indicates they believe it was someone known to the folks in the house.

A random person committing a crime would probably not respond that way, It seems as if they kinda know that this might have been something that got out of hand, and the perp (S) would be feeling guilty scared overwhelmed or anxious.

A bit confused as to why (considering two dead people) the 911 call is like a mystery. It almost again fuels above notions - it would make sense for someone scared to dial 911 but not speak.

If someone is killing people i would think there would be a fear of talking and or being found.

For some reason this does not (MOO) feel random - its someone or some folks who are connected with all three of them.

It also might (pure speculation) - be fleeing as opposed to be abducted - it just is a possibility.

Yes!
When I grow up I want to be able to formulate my thoughts and communicate them like CARIIS. In the meantime I'll continue rambling..

I do t live I. wI but fro experience living I. The north woods, I would do nothing. You are not supposed to shoot after dark but it happens. If it’s late and I hear gunfire, I assume it’s to drive off a critter.

Actually, I agree and would assume this if someone was shooting on their own property. I know my uncle is a hunter and he does this because coyotes are really brazen in the area.

I would do this if i lived where active critters came around into yards often.

If the thoughts on the door being shot in are true, though, I would know it sounds different hitting something solid and splintering something.

However, not all people would think like this, especially if just woken up. On top of it, then, it seems as if there was no further suggestion to the neighbor it could have been anything else if the time of the shots and the call were almost 30 minutes apart.

humm

just heard about this

Completely agree. Gunshots heard at ~12:30 and the 911 call not until ~30 minutes later, where yelling can be heard in the background, makes me think they absolutely knew the killer, as did Jayme. Jayme was taken after that call, presumably, so she had to be there alive for those 30+ minutes. That’s seemingly abnormal if this had been a stranger as the killer.

I didn’t read all of the posts on both threads, so not sure if this has been mentioned. A search of Denise shows multiple financial judgements against her from banks/credit cards in 2012. Could be someone who when owed money to if debt was still an issue? Looks like she and James took an equity loan last year for $13,000. Not abnormal, but it’s still a debt.

Also, a lot of sex offenders come up near their address.

I don't live in WI but I do live in a rural wooded area and I still jump out of my skin when I hear shots at night but I would not call 911 unless I thought it was on my property. Some people will illegally hunt at night but most are defending their livestock. A mink can take out a whole chicken coop at night for fun.

Completely agree. Gunshots heard at ~12:30 and the 911 call not until ~30 minutes later, where yelling can be heard in the background, makes me think they absolutely knew the killer, as did Jayme. Jayme was taken after that call, presumably, so she had to be there alive for those 30+ minutes. That’s seemingly abnormal if this had been a stranger as the killer.

Not if they were being held at gunpoint to get information out of them.

How do we explain no one noticing the killer missing if they knew the killer?
In the cases where the killer/abductor is known to the family the identity is figured out and released quickly.
It's only the stranger cases where it drags on because they don't know who did it.

I really don't understand how someone that is connected to the family, at all could be getting under the radar right now.

Agree totally.

The longer this goes on and with LE releasing little information I get a strange gut feeling this was targeted and not just random. If the report about the door being shot in is correct then I'm leaning more towards this scenario. I truly hope Jayme is found safe and sound

I didn’t read all of the posts on both threads, so not sure if this has been mentioned. A search of Denise shows multiple financial judgements against her from banks/credit cards in 2012. Could be someone who when owed money to if debt was still an issue? Looks like she and James took an equity loan last year for $13,000. Not abnormal, but it’s still a debt.

Also, a lot of sex offenders come up near their address.

Yes, a local explained that the jail is the facility for the whole county... hence the high number showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay