AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post, I found a good video from CBS Evening News with Jeff Glor.

It's a quick video, but there's a really good part where the news reporter stands in front of the neighbors' home (the ones who apparently heard gun shots), and points to the area where the other home is (crime scene). Jmo

Thank you, rainynights. I had not seen that one. It really shows how thick the woods are between houses and that you couldn't see their home from the neighbor's house. JMO.

Also they took away a glass storm door that was entirely in tact. If you shot at a glass door it would certainly shatter. Did the killer carefully open the storm door and then shoot in the front door?
It's possible. I would like to know if they took the front door as well as the glass door. If it was shot in, they'd take it, right? Which may explain why we saw plywood...
MOO

Also they took away a glass storm door that was entirely in tact. If you shot at a glass door it would certainly shatter. Did the killer carefully open the storm door and then shoot in the front door?
Possibly, why would they take the storm door if not for evidence.
If the front door was intact why was all the plywood needed? Couldn't they just shut the front door?

Does anyone else think it is slightly unprofessional to remove the chair and glass door without having them contained somehow, such as in a bag or wrapped, as evidence? I really don't mean to criticize LE, but I have never seen things removed from a crime scene before where you could see what was being removed, other than maybe a computer.
I noticed that and was kinda shocked. I can see they they didn't want to disturb the evidence, but I would have had the camera men "disarm" while the evidence was being shuttled. Insensitive to the family, and gruesome.

When you say "front door," are you referring to the one that looked like a storm door or was there a photo of the actual front door being removed?
MOO
It was the door that had the wood frame and what looked to be glass (or some other dark component) in the middle. I don't know if it was a storm door or the front door but it was stated that the father was found in the entryway so I assume this was the door that was in front of that entry point.

Does anyone else think it is slightly unprofessional to remove the chair and glass door without having them contained somehow, such as in a bag or wrapped, as evidence? I really don't mean to criticize LE, but I have never seen things removed from a crime scene before where you could see what was being removed, other than maybe a computer.
Completely agree! I was thinking that was odd, especially if they need to preserve evidence. I just had to catch up to post

The possibility has been raised that member(s) of the Closs family may have been restrained before being shot.

I really wonder if Jayme sustained any injuries before she was abducted. I don't believe LE has given us any info. on that.
I disagree. I think it's more likely that stray bullets penetrated the chair being taken into custody. There's a report that perps shot in the front door of residence.
‘We Just Need To Bring Her Home’: Community Gathers For Jayme Closs Vigil

I gotta break my silence here, because this is the kind of situation that literally scares me & makes the hair on the back of my neck stand at attention...
As a mom of 4 kids....you’d have to kill me before you try to take my kids from me. Plain & simple.
This makes me sick thinking about Jayme’s parents being in such a desparate situation (protecting their child) & dying protecting their child.
My heart is hurting for Jayme, her parents are gone & she more than likely heard/saw that unfold & she is traumatized, and brought into God only knows what kind of situation ...
Praying with my heart & soul Jayme is found safe & that whoever did this to her & her parents is caught ASAP
MOO

Possibly, why would they take the storm door if not for evidence.
If the front door was intact why was all the plywood needed? Couldn't they just shut the front door?

I think there may be evidence on the door but I don't think the door was "shot in" or it would have shattered.

One scenario: perpetrator rings the doorbell and hides next to the door. The dad comes to the door, opens the door, opens the storm door and is shot as he steps out. He falls against the door leaving evidence on the door.

In a less dramatic scenario, perpetrator enters through the unlocked front door. LE may have taken both doors to spray down to check for latent prints. If they believe he entered through the door they may want to check the entire door for a print that does not belong to an immediate family member.

I’m looking at Canada now while lying in a bed in Michigan’s U.P. Since 911, the border is seriously, heavily patrolled. No way your going to just get in a boat and go to Canada. I went into a restricted area, not on purpose, and they were there in minutes. The border has eyes and ears.

Also, you may get lost in the Yoop but you are not going to go unnoticed. People in this area generally what’s going on and would notice something out of place.

The Mackinac Bridge has a license plate reader. Also cameras. Which doesn’t really help in this case because there’s no car or plate to look for.
But if they come up with a plate they could check the file.

I’m praying this is resolved quickly. I don’t like that there is virtually nothing to go o. In this case.

It was the door that had the wood frame and what looked to be glass (or some other dark component) in the middle. I don't know if it was a storm door or the front door but it was stated that the father was found in the entryway so I assume this was the door that was in front of that entry point.
A family member said the front door was shot in.
I am exploring that possibility.
We saw a glass door being taken as evidence.
It looks to me like it had a metal frame.
The glass door was not shot in.
There was plywood on the porch.
Did they take the front (wood, metal, whatever...) door too?
TWO DOORS - storm door, front door.
We know they took one.
Did they take the other one?
MOO

Last edited:

If they believed there was blood or finger print evidence on the top of the back of the chair, I don't think they could put it in any bag that wouldn't rub against that part of the chair. They may have seen a print and just wanted to bring it as quickly as possible to a lab without smudging or contaminating the evidence.

I think the odd thing is usually LE will have a media barrier up or those blue tents so the media can't see every piece of evidence being loaded into the truck!

A family member said the front door was shot in.
We saw a glass door being taken as evidence.
The glass door was not shot in.
There was plywood on the porch.
Did they take the front (wood, metal, whatever...) door too?
MOO
Good question. I get what you're saying. I'm just not convinced the "family member" is a reliable source at this point. All evidence and details are probably kept close to LE's vest and I just don't see that info getting out to a family member and then they leak it to the press. Just seems it's more likely to be an erroneous statement to garner clicks. Obviously just my opinion though.

Those who live up in the area /know it, can you confirm it is normal to hear gunshots from hunting so close to a resident home?

This concept of the neighbor and their explanation is very strange to me, personally, from the distance of the neighbor house in the video with the reporter standing in front. For one, I live on a woodland reservation and hunting here, when in season, is specifically not allowed after sundown. You will be arrested immediately if they find you. And everyone will call the police, no matter how "used to it" they are.

I know that if gunshots were loud enough to wake me up at night where I am located I would be freaking the heck out and calling 911 immediately. Even moreso around ~1230am on Monday morning when most people have work in the morning I wouldn't be very chill that it ~just must be some hunters doing their thing~. I have been living here for 19 years and never once heard a gunshot pass 8pm, nevermind loud enough that would be from that distance between the neighbor's house and Jayme's place that I would be okay with dismissing at any time of the day.

Looking at the area on google map /earth, it looks plenty populated enough with housing that, if it were in MA (my state), they would not be allowed within a certain range in respect to residents...?

I am really wondering what the rules in WI are like for this. This neighbor's account doesn't sit right with me, but I know hunting laws and regulations vary state to state so was hoping to get a better idea.

Good question. I get what you're saying. I'm just not convinced the "family member" is a reliable source at this point. All evidence and details are probably kept close to LE's vest and I just don't see that info getting out to a family member and then they leak it to the press. Just seems it's more likely to be an erroneous statement to garner clicks. Obviously just my opinion though.
I'm not convinced either. Just exploring the possibility.
MOO

Close family members or member are usually asked to see if anything is missing from the house to help investigators learn more. Jmo

Like this is usually over here. Or the laptop from over there is missing. Or the safe and guns are usually stored there. Or all jewelry is here except for a diamond pendant or something.

So maybe the family has seen the door for themselves. Jmo.

Close family members or member are usually asked to see if anything is missing from the house to help investigators learn more. Jmo

Like this is usually over here. Or the laptop from over there is missing. Or the safe and guns are usually stored there. Or all jewelry is here except for a diamond pendant or something.

So maybe the family has seen the door for themselves. Jmo.
Ok.....hmmm hadn't thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member