AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is any cause to think that Jayme Closs did anything wrong on social media; certainly nothing that would lead to her parent’s deaths.

I am not saying that she did anything wrong, just that it is possible a predator could have found her on Social media. But, that is speculation. I just worry about teens using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, whatever else they use now...Tinder...

How would this explain the gunshots heard by the neighbor though?
If the front door was actually shot in, how were the parents killed? Only 2 shots were heard.
Unless different guns were used entirely... though that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Then again shooting in a door that was likely unlocked anyway doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.
It WOULD explain the gunshots and 911 call being further apart though... he had 2 people to kill in between if the gunshots weren't kill shots.

Maybe the father came to the door after hearing noise , and the intruder shot him through the door ? And then they may have grabbed the women and killed the mom a different way?

Could it be possible there was more than two gun shots? Could the neighbors possibly have woken up because of the commotion and then heard two shots? Maybe there was 1 or 2 other shots before they woke up? Moo

Jumping off your post, I found a good video from CBS Evening News with Jeff Glor.

It's a quick video, but there's a really good part where the news reporter stands in front of the neighbors' home (the ones who apparently heard gun shots), and points to the area where the other home is (crime scene). Jmo

I think you are correct. I suspect the best thing to do is put the chair discussion on the back burner, per se, and try and figure out where Jayme might be.

My apologies for obsessing over that. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Oh no, there's no need to apologize. I just don't see the same thing, is all.
MOO

Family members told CBS News over the phone that the Closs’s front door was shot in. Investigators added that they know whose cellphone the 911 call came from, but they are not saying who at this time.
‘We Just Need To Bring Her Home’: Community Gathers For Jayme Closs Vigil
Well, that is definitely odd!
WOW. The door was shot in? If that is true, then it totally changes my previous theories.

Will have to totally rethink my scenarios.
I thought there was no forced entry?
That is forced entry if true-
Unless... the door was locked with a keyed dead bolt and that was the perps way out!
Also would explain how they know she was taken at gun point.
MOO

The perp had a gun, and shot them. I see what you're saying, but I'm just having trouble tying it together with everything else we know. Lots of people have cushions on their chairs. I think we may be going down a rabbit hole here...
MOO

We don't KNOW they were shot though, that's just being assumed. All we know is gunshots were heard. That's all we know. Maybe the only gunshots went through the door. We have to wait for autopsies.

Did we see anything removed other than the chair and storm door? TIA

I recall seeing two small paper evidence bags as well. I wonder if there is a raw live stream recording somewhere from the reporter who got the clips of the chair and door? It would be interesting to see the entire video IMO.

A couple thoughts:
-There was a picture of the front door being removed as evidence further back in these posts. It did not have any bullet holes in it. MOO, I think the headline stating a family member said the door was shot in is pure click bait. A family member who is in shock may say things that they are not even aware they are saying and an unscrupulous reporter may capitalize on it.
-I think the reason LE was talking about looking for changes in behavior or daily habits of those around as indicators is because they feel it may be someone local. As interesting as it may be to contemplate driving to Miami or Canada, it is probably not the case.
-Of course flyers are going to be posted to get the word out but I think the odds of someone seeing Jayme are slim. I also think that's why the sheriff was ticked off at Miami LE because it's a time waster and diverts resources.
-I think it's someone local. Jayme is not far from home, but well hidden. It's a small town and someone will talk.
Obviously just my opinion and I pray I'm wrong and she turns up unharmed.

Yes, what's confusing me is that it says shot "in" which to me means from the outside. But I can't make sense of that if the neighbors say the second shot was louder. I'm just going to have to think about this some more.
MOO

Also they took away a glass storm door that was entirely in tact. If you shot at a glass door it would certainly shatter. Did the killer carefully open the storm door and then shoot in the front door?

Jumping off your post, I found a good video from CBS Evening News with Jeff Glor.

It's a quick video, but there's a really good part where the news reporter stands in front of the neighbors' home (the ones who apparently heard gun shots), and points to the area where the other home is (crime scene). Jmo
Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it. For anyone who was asking about dogs, there's a search dog at the .06 mark.
MOO

We don't KNOW they were shot though, that's just being assumed. All we know is gunshots were heard. That's all we know. Maybe the only gunshots went through the door. We have to wait for autopsies.
Yes, I'm hoping they'll tell us after the autopsies. I think it's a pretty good assumption based on what we know, though.
MOO

I am not saying that she did anything wrong, just that it is possible a predator could have found her on Social media. But, that is speculation. I just worry about teens using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, whatever else they use now...Tinder...

Far too many kids are tricked online by predators...several cases in these forums. It does not say anything “bad” about the child to suggest this could have happened. It does happen. And a child living in a small town with little else to do may well spend a lot of time online.

A couple thoughts:
-There was a picture of the front door being removed as evidence further back in these posts. It did not have any bullet holes in it. MOO, I think the headline stating a family member said the door was shot in is pure click bait. A family member who is in shock may say things that they are not even aware they are saying and an unscrupulous reporter may capitalize on it.
-I think the reason LE was talking about looking for changes in behavior or daily habits of those around as indicators is because they feel it may be someone local. As interesting as it may be to contemplate driving to Miami or Canada, it is probably not the case.
-Of course flyers are going to be posted to get the word out but I think the odds of someone seeing Jayme are slim. I also think that's why the sheriff was ticked off at Miami LE because it's a time waster and diverts resources.
-I think it's someone local. Jayme is not far from home, but well hidden. It's a small town and someone will talk.
Obviously just my opinion and I pray I'm wrong and she turns up unharmed.
When you say "front door," are you referring to the one that looked like a storm door or was there a photo of the actual front door being removed?
MOO

Does anyone else think it is slightly unprofessional to remove the chair and glass door without having them contained somehow, such as in a bag or wrapped, as evidence? I really don't mean to criticize LE, but I have never seen things removed from a crime scene before where you could see what was being removed, other than maybe a computer.

Im praying so much this is the state i live in omg
Keep praying Anthony; prayers are powerful!
I'm counting on this little princess coming home to her grandparents. If she made that call to 911 we already know she's a sharp kid. I'm counting on her cleverness to see her through this horrific ordeal. That and intervention from above.

I agree. I am not laying any blame on her IF someone found her that way. But it is possible that she was speaking with someone, thinking it ws a 14 yr old boy, and it could have been a 24 yr old RSO instead.

My son used to play video games online with ‘teams’ or against other players. And he showed me a few creepy weirdos that began asking intrusive questions. ' Where do you go to school?' etc etc

There was no way my son was going to continue speaking to them so I wasn’t worried—but he convinced me that his little sister should not be online gaming because she was too friendly and trusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel