AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit chilly at night and how would you know that you would not land in five feet of water?

ATV's were created for all-terrain. Sometimes they get through stuff you would' believe. Getting stuck is always a possibility. I remember many years ago having to use a 4wd with a wench to get into a dark, muddy forest to get a young family member out of his predicament. It happens.

We have issues here with people destroying private property from sneaking in with them looking for water and mud to ride through. There is even a popular hangout that a landowner has turned into a moneymaker for himself. He charges a fee just like an amusement park. I guess its fine if they keep them off private property. I see the photos on fb all the time and they are riding through the a local creek.

In this case who knows? If the person knows the woods well and has path in mind (maybe they planned this in advance ) they might avoid the pitfalls. Now, if there is a makeshift trail through those woods or a dirt track road, the odds go way up for someone to use that mode of transportation. Most ATV's that I'm familiar with also have a rack on the back where a passenger could be put. I am still working through in my head how you would restrain a person in that case, though.

Thank you Jax But this still doesn't have the Sheriff saying she was home during the 911 call .
I am understanding his statement to say .... her parents died from gunshots....they believe Jayme was home during their murders based on evidence in our case and some of that evidence came from the 911 call .

“Her parents died from gunshot wounds that's why we are ruling this a homicide. There was no gun found on the scene. We believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case. Some of it from that 911 call and some of it is still part of the active investigation and we're not able to comment on why we believe that,” said Fitzgerald.
Previously the 911 call was described as yelling and someone in the background (not speaking to dispatchers) saying they needed help. That's it. So the question becomes, what in the content of the recorded 911 call indicates that Jayme was there? Because the Sheriff clearly said that they know she was there based, in part from the 911 call. That can only mean she was heard or someone else was heard yelling something at (or to) Jayme giving them the indication she was there.

Oh, I bet the press will ask people afterward what was said.

Sometimes the need to protect the integrity of the investigation is of paramount importance and by the Press being kept away, I believe that LE may ask about or share information that is more than ordinarily asked or shared and there will be a reason for that, so concern for an Amendment breach by barring the media will not be a priority concern for LE at this present time... all MOO

ATV's were created for all-terrain. Sometimes they get through stuff you would' believe. Getting stuck is always a possibility. I remember many years ago having to use a 4wd with a wench to get into a dark, muddy forest to get a young family member out of his predicament. It happens.

We have issues here with people destroying private property from sneaking in with them looking for water and mud to ride through. There is even a popular hangout that a landowner has turned into a moneymaker for himself. He charges a fee just like an amusement park. I guess its fine if they keep them off private property. I see the photos on fb all the time and they are riding through the a local creek.

In this case who knows? If the person knows the woods well and has path in mind (maybe they planned this in advance ) they might avoid the pitfalls. Now, if there is a makeshift trail through those woods or a dirt track road, the odds go way up for someone to use that mode of transportation. Most ATV's that I'm familiar with also have a rack on the back where a passenger could be put. I am still working through in my head how you would restrain a person in that case, though.

I don't feel like Jayme would have necessarily needed to be restrained in this scenario; maybe just told to hang on. She probably would have been terrified from seeing her parents shot and/or being threatened by the person who took her. JMO

However, it shines a light on you if you refuse because as a human being we are curious creatures and especially LE would think ‘What are you hiding?’
It would also depend as per my previous post if any Judges order is granted for a mass screening

This is what i was getting at. Nothing could happen to you legally but im sure people would cause a fuss and the LE would start to look into you no matter if you wanted them to or not, which i dont agree with.

Mother or father, if only shot once, could have crawled and called on their phone before dying; if it was Jayme's, the suspect could have made her leave it so that it could not be pinged.
If the parent called 911 but could not speak, they could have heard screams in the background they believe to be Jayme. Indicators that she was there present in the house could be computer activity, half eaten food, a bloody bare foot print, etc. I know it was never unusual for my kids at that age to be awake at that hour.

At this point, if they did know who he was, they’d almost certainly release the name and vehicle information.

History tells us that this is the correct play in situations like this. I think they genuinely don’t have an answer.

Respectfully disagree. If they believe she is alive, it may put her in significantly more danger if they release any information

I don't feel like Jayme would have necessarily needed to be restrained in this scenario; maybe just told to hang on. She probably would have been terrified from seeing her parents shot and/or being threatened by the person who took her. JMO

Agreed. That is one thing I have thought of. Fear is a powerful motivator and I am sure she was traumatized and terrified. I am so hopeful that they find her. It can happen as in other cases such as Hannah A. in California. Her abductor killed her mother, brother and the family dog in order to "possess" her. She was recovered alive. Her abductor was shot and killed in the rescue by LE.

Maybe some old logging roads easy to sneak away on too.

FYI, holding information close to the vest and not disclosing things to the press is NOT a violation of the First Amendment. It is common investigative protocol.

I agree with you and I'd go even further to say LE has a responsibility to ensure the strongest case possible for the state in an eventual prosecution so they should not release information that they feel will compromise their investigation or the prosecution. However, it could be a violation of WI's open meetings law by holding a "closed" meeting and not allowing the media in. Many states have laws aimed at minimizing official corruption that meetings with more than X people must be open to the public.

I am sure the Sheriff consulted with an attorney and they are comfortable that this meeting would not violate the state law.

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/default/files/dls/open-meetings-law-compliance-guide-2010.pdf

Also - under the First Amendment, the government (in this case the Sheriff) can keep the press out of a meeting if their reason for keeping them out is NOT press-related. For example, they can cite a safety issue or other citizen-interest related issue. The community center is not private; it is considered a "limited public forum" under the 1st A., meaning that it is a forum not traditionally held open to the public for expression, but can be used in "off hours" for such a purpose.

I choose to believe LE is doing this for a reason; they most certainly DO want to find this girl, and I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt at this very early point of this investigation. They've brought in the FBI and their CARD team. I used to work as a case manager for NCMEC and I personally know several of the Team ADAM members. They are all retired LE and are very capable and highly trained folks. If LE didn't want to find this child, they would shut everyone else out. Lots of LE agencies do, in my experience. It is glaringly obvious to me that the Sheriff is highly invested in finding JC.

If the main purpose of the killing was abducting the girl, I could see the person being close by. Why kidnap the girl and then drive a long way? Too little known so far.

The killer obviously didn't have a problem killing the parents, so, presumably, there must be a reason he/she didn't kill Jayme, e.g. love, obsession, or wanting a hostage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo