AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this enhancement you can activate on your Android. It only works if your emergency services is partnered with google. But if your phone is set up to do this (and nearly all androids can), your location can be automatically sent to 911 when you call. Perhaps they had something like this activated on the cell that was used.

How it works | Android Emergency Location Service | Google

I'm still suspicious of a certain registered sex offender in the area ....the pedophile who was civilly committed beyond his sentence. If you read transcripts, they wanted to keep him longer. I imagine someone like that doesn't change and won't leave witnesses behind. Lives less than 2 miles away from crime scene.

Previously the 911 call was described as yelling and someone in the background (not speaking to dispatchers) saying they needed help. That's it. So the question becomes, what in the content of the recorded 911 call indicates that Jayme was there? Because the Sheriff clearly said that they know she was there based, in part from the 911 call. That can only mean she was heard or someone else was heard yelling something at (or to) Jayme giving them the indication she was there.

Maybe they had Alexa or whatever and they yelled at it to call 911. That would explain the yelling in the background and knowing the call was made from the house. If it was the parents calling as Jayme was going out the door, that may have given them a few extra minutes to get away before police arrive.
Another option is Jayme had the emergency alert activated on her phone, which sends out the gps coordinates and it may call 911. I know it calls my emergency contacts. If that’s the case it seems like she would have had a stalker or something make her prepared although I think it’s a nice feature to enable just in case. I had to put my home address in and I’m supposed to update it if I’m in another location (I think, it’s been awhile).

All IMO.

Her COMPUTER would tell if she was communicating with someone. Predators can fool anyone especially a young naïve girl. Someone could tell her he is a 14 year old boy. I'm beginning to think she gave her address to someone and being in such a secluded place it took awhile for this person to find the house, thus the late hour. IMO

It seems to me that someone is telling the sheriff what he can and cannot say imo - this whole case is puzzling to me - very little information seems to be given to the public yet they want the locals to watch for behavioral differences - this is a sad case and I’m very worried about Jayme

The townhall is open to residents of Barron County . Rice Lake is in Barron County . I imagine a number of journalists live in Barron County . As far as I know, driver's license showing your address within Barron County would not state your occupation

Good point! And, LE may not know this fact.

Should be interesting to see what comes out of all of this.

Did the door come off it’s hinges or did LE do that?

Maybe killer snuck into the house to abduct or assault Jayme, Mom and Dad heard some commotion, woke up, then Mom was killed. Dad then followed the killer as he headed towards the front door, and he is killed as he tries to stop the killer from kidnapping Jayme.

Thanks to everyone who linked to PC. I found what I needed.

UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

The sheriff is asked at about the 6:40 mark:

"Is this still an effort to find her alive? Is there an expectation she's alive somewhere?"

He answers:

"100%. We want to bring her home..."

IMHO, he is saying we want her to be alive, not that she is.

Just reposting this. There's some confusion about the sheriff's quote. He didn't say he 100% believed she was alive.

In the United States you need to show probable cause for a search warrant to obtain someone's DNA. That is, you need to prove to a judge that you have probable cause that you will retrieve evidence that a crime has been committed. You cannot just demand random people give their DNA over. Many states now require anyone charged with a felony, even if they are not convicted, provide a DNA sample for CODIS so the database is much larger and growing all the time.

Her COMPUTER would tell if she was communicating with someone. Predators can fool anyone especially a young naïve girl. Someone could tell her he is a 14 year old boy. I'm beginning to think she gave her address to someone and being in such a secluded place it took awhile for this person to find the house, thus the late hour. IMO
I agree.

ATV's were created for all-terrain. Sometimes they get through stuff you would' believe. Getting stuck is always a possibility. I remember many years ago having to use a 4wd with a wench to get into a dark, muddy forest to get a young family member out of his predicament. It happens.

We have issues here with people destroying private property from sneaking in with them looking for water and mud to ride through. There is even a popular hangout that a landowner has turned into a moneymaker for himself. He charges a fee just like an amusement park. I guess its fine if they keep them off private property. I see the photos on fb all the time and they are riding through the a local creek.

In this case who knows? If the person knows the woods well and has path in mind (maybe they planned this in advance ) they might avoid the pitfalls. Now, if there is a makeshift trail through those woods or a dirt track road, the odds go way up for someone to use that mode of transportation. Most ATV's that I'm familiar with also have a rack on the back where a passenger could be put. I am still working through in my head how you would restrain a person in that case, though.

The temp at night there was in the 30’s? Going through water would be horrible.

In the United States you need to show probable cause for a search warrant to obtain someone's DNA. That is, you need to prove to a judge that you have probable cause that you will retrieve evidence that a crime has been committed. You cannot just demand random people give their DNA over. Many states now require anyone charged with a felony, even if they are not convicted, provide a DNA sample for CODIS so the database is much larger and growing all the time.

Yes I understand this and respectfully agree but in the U.K. it’s slightly different in as much as if you have reasonable cause to suspect involvement ( no matter how minor) and it’s a mass screen, LE will look at those who refuse and the slightest inklin backed by intelligence is enough to get a judge to mandate a sample be provided. And in any event, most people volunteer anyway as they have nothing to hide and the ends justify the means

They are not going to ask the masses for DNA. Will not. I think the Sheriff is going with he thinks people will be afraid to talk with media present. He thinks they might mention something even minor if it's safe and informal.

What makes the most sense now is Jayme got hold of a cell phone and was afraid to speak out loud.

She is likely held up in a place in the area, IMO...

Hope this comes to a successful resolution, and glad to see the majority of the news reports are pointing to an abduction instead of a runaway. 13 is not an allowable age for consent.

When the news moves quickly, it is good. So the major news is picking up on this is good. Hopefully, she will be found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat