AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop the discussion about 1st amendment and community colleges. This discussion is not doing any service to the victims in this case. Thank you.

When a moderator instructs the discussion to stop or move on, those instructions are expected to be followed.

Whiskers asked nicely for everyone to move on from discussing the 1st amendment and community colleges. It appears that some posters are choosing not to comply. I will be issuing warning points for those who cannot follow the rules of the thread.

Stay on topic. A child is missing.

But 4-wheelers are kinda noisy. In the silence of night, a 4-wheeler arriving at the house and leaving the house would I think have been loud. If it was just 4 minutes away when LE arrived, IMO they would still have been able to hear it at night.
When I was a kid, living in town, we successfully snuck out on 4 wheelers right under my mother's window and two houses down from the nosy Nelly in town. If you leave it idling so you don't have the noise of starting up and you don't gun it when you take off, it can be done. My mother didn't know about it for 30 years. If the neighbors had heard it, she'd have known before we got out of town.

Previously the 911 call was described as yelling and someone in the background (not speaking to dispatchers) saying they needed help. That's it. So the question becomes, what in the content of the recorded 911 call indicates that Jayme was there? Because the Sheriff clearly said that they know she was there based, in part from the 911 call. That can only mean she was heard or someone else was heard yelling something at (or to) Jayme giving them the indication she was there.

Dear Jethro4WS,

The cell used to call 911 could have come from the Dad's phone and it flew out of his hand possibly when he was shot.

Jayme's grandfather has stated that Denise and Jayme were at the family get together however James was not - he was at work. Possibly he didn't get home until midnight - depends when his shift ended.

The intruder could have been inside the home with Jayme and her mother when her father, James, returning from work, came to the door.

Muffled sounds of help may have sounded like a young girl's and that's why L.E. believes she was there at that moment.

Thinking about this child, she is lean and athletic. I bet she can run like the wind and likely would, if given the chance. To remove her from the house quickly, if there was no sound heard of a vehicle leaving rapidly (car, truck, 4 wheeler, motorbike) by the neighbors, they had to have carried her, and they were on foot with transportation a short distance away. While it may have been a crime of opportunity, this location is too rural to be a random crime. Someone knew them.

Ok, so I finally have something real to contribute on this 911 cell thing, thanks to my county sheriff's department. I could not figure out how to enable ES on my phone and I was kind of stressing about the possibility that if I called 911 and couldn't speak, they wouldn't be able to find me immediately. I live in rural IL (Andy Griffith stuff here). I finally just called the sheriff's department to ask if I needed to download an app or something, or if they could find me quickly.

She told me they should be able to find me immediately. Then she asked if I wanted to test it and told me to call 911. So I did. She answered and had my location down within seconds.

I now have no questions about how the police arrived within 4 minutes of the call. The cops would have been at my house by now, before I finished this message because they have the technology, and let's face it, they don't have much more important things to do in a rural community.
THANK YOU!!! This is comforting to me as I live in a very rural area.

Not that this means much of anything but,

Reclusive?
Active in their community?

Which is it?

Odd that different people seem to be giving completely different descriptions of the family and how known/active/social they were.

I don't think it's all that odd. The houses here seem spread apart and separated by woods. You likely wouldn't run into your neighbor grabbing the mail or newspaper like you might in a suburban street. Their neighbors may have found them reclusive because they weren't always inviting them over for tea, but their family and friends may find them active as the family seemed to get together for celebrations.

It’s weird. I get being positive and all, but hmm. 100% positive but endangered and no idea what happened to her? Or at least not telling you.
They don't want people to give up hope. They want the tips to keep coming and don't want people to assume it's no use because she is already dead. The community needs to remain alert and report anything suspicious, imo. Even if they assumed she was killed, they don't know that for sure until they have solid evidence. I don't know what else they can say. They have to assume she is in danger. Jmo

LE just can't win in the public's eyes.

Call regular press conferences even if there's no new info? People say they're clueless and incompetent and wasting everyone's time.

Only call press conferences when there's a major break in the case? People get impatient and say they can't solve anything and are screwing the pooch.

I didn’t see anyone say LE is incompetent and wasting everyone’s time? And can’t solve anything? (I’m still way behind though, I hope nobody said that.) I think it’s obvious all resources are being utilized. And they’re doing everything they possibly can to find Jayme and bring in a double homicide suspect. They want to solve this case as much as us, if not more.

As for clueless, they could be lacking clues indeed.

Last edited:
More than likely, the kidnapping of Jayme Closs was the main motive. If the motive was to kill the parents than why not kill the girl or leave her there?

I believe Jayme knows who killed her parents and knows her abductors.
Agreed. She likely knows her abductor(s) in some way. There have already been two murders, and she is in incredible danger.

They need a break, and they needed it two days ago.

I think the purpose of the meeting is to answer questions and concerns, clear up rumors, advise the community in safety concerns, explain the importance of tips, give information about what to tell their kids as what services are a available at school for kids who need to talk to counselors, and things like that. I would appreciate it if that were done in my town, if something as horrible as this had happened. Jmo
If something like this goes down in my community, I too would advocate for a no-press town hall meeting with law enforcement. I saw first hand what the Brooklyn community went through. Even now that that the cloud of suspicion is lifted there are many lives that will never return to anything close to normal. This age of internet sleuthing is a dangerous time, people don’t understand how much damage they’re doing with reckless accusations.

It could also be a phone hiding in a closet, but not near either of the deceased.
Yeah. I think the logical conclusion to their assertion that they believe JC was in that house at the time, is that the call came from her phone. And she wasn’t among the murder victims.

It’s also possible that like you say, her phone was found in a separate location.

More than likely, the kidnapping of Jayme Closs was the main motive. If the motive was to kill the parents than why not kill the girl or leave her there?

I believe Jayme knows who killed her parents and knows her abductors.

Have we heard anything about searches at the plant? Obviously they’ve interviewed and are interviewing people there.

They did say many LE will be hanging around.

I wonder if we will hear of searches at the Plant.

The neighbors heard 2 loud sounds approximately 12:30.
Why in the world would the shooter stick around for 20 or so minutes after that? Why did the intruder have confidence a neighbour wouldn't call 911. Or the (mistaken) confidence the shots would not be heard?
The killer didn't stick around for half an hour unless he or she was incredibly dumb. He or she can't be that dumb since he or she has evaded LE for several days. This means the 911 call was made by a dying parent and the yelling heard in the background was moaning from that dying parent. LE may have thought it would be insensitive to the Closs family to state that the background noise was moaning from a dying parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed