AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember very clearly when my daughter was this age. That was before cell phones, but I had to restrict her phone usage. JC and DC appeared to be very involved in all aspects of their "just turned 13" year old daughter. I would not have allowed her to have her cell phone in her room after her bedtime. This leads me to believe that DC may have had the cell phone during the night (or it was outside of Jayme's room). If DC had the phone, it may have been she who placed the 911 call as she was succumbing to her wounds. LE may have located the phone under or near her. But, they may have also been able to hear Jayme's screams or cries in the background before she fell on it.

We do know that 4 minutes from the time that call was made, LE was there. So, making that call was one of the (if not THE) last things done by either Jayme, DC or JC while the perpetrator was there and before bolting out the door. MOO

I google mapped it and there really isn't a lot. It is a pretty desolate area and the homes are set further back. Every little town has a gas station or two, I would think those are the best bet. The town immediately west has a Holiday that has cameras. I would hope they already have checked those by now though.

That is going to be the biggest problem with cameras. Even the businesses are set back from the roadway. There is a company right on the corner of Route 8 & 13th, near the Closs home. Google Street seems to show they have cameras on one of their buildings, but there is no way they are getting any footage of the roadway from where they are setup.

:eek: No wonder they issued that disclaimer on the Sheriff's fb page about there being an unrelated arrest. With it being only 1/2 mile away, all of social media would be losing their minds if nothing had been said. It appears one of Jayme's neighbors had some secret that came tumbling out during the investigation to find Jayme. At least some good is coming of this-- although we don't know what the crime was yet, a crime may have been solved and a criminal may have been caught due to the search for Jayme.

Hmm, catching up so someone may have thought of this already but is it possible the perp went to the wrong house? Meant to go to this possible crime (drugs maybe) house? Prob not but stranger things have happened.

Also - does anyone else mentioned that Jayme resembles Abby a little bit? Google says Barron to Delphi is (491.5 mi) via I-94 E.

And I want to know if her cell phone was left behind. Is it missing? Are family firearms missing?
LE is being evasive because she is a minor, I get that. But saying the public isn't in danger only means one thing to me. I am now screaming for an immediate grid search five miles out surrounding her home.

I looked and gave up. What was the date?

If you follow the link back to yesterday’s poster it should take you straight to the picture in the FB page. I think it was this summer. Late June.

If they did have a dog and it was barking, etc. that might account for some of the audio difficulties on the 911 call. Jmo.

We saw yesterday that they had house painting done. JC was featured in a photo on the company's FB page. Who took that picture? One of the workers who was charmed enough by her to take it and post it? Ever since the Smart case, I worry about home maintenance workers around the kids. It would fit with the killer being familiar with the house and the area but also being generally unknown to the family.

Also, I think JC is holding a small dog in the picture. Where was the dog while all of this was going on? JMO.

WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3
The photo was posted two years ago, though. I have also wondered if they still had the dog (or any dog) and if the dog alerted to a vehicle arriving in the driveway. Dad could have been on his way to the door because of the dog barking.
The house looks like a 70’s bungalow. Did anyone look it up on a site that gives more info? Zillow? County assessor?

I don’t know the address
I looked at the county assessor site as well as Trulia, Realtor.com, etc. There is not much information and I've been unable to locate a floor plan. If we have any locals here who could make a trip to the public library, there is a chance the floor plan could be located.

Address of the home: 1268 US-8, Barron, WI 54812

Street view of the home: Google Maps
MOO

Last edited:
Pulled from thee media thread:

“We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call. No one interacted with our dispatchers, so it was just kind of an open line where we could hear different things in the background.”
13-Year-Old Girl Missing After Her Parents Were Found Dead At Home

LE have stated that they know Jayme was in the home at the time of the call. So, I'm thinking her voice is heard in that yelling.... OR someone said her name while yelling.

I think someone said/yelled her name during the call (not knowing she dialed 911).

My opinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

jmo

Yes; do you remember that case where the son shot his mother dead the father was shot and he walked around the house w a brain injury. He later testified for the defense.
Sorry, I have forgotten their names. I want to know why LE has not done a grid search five miles out from the gps of that residence. Mollie laid in a cornfield for two months.
Unacceptable.
You bring up an important point. LE has asked everyone to search their properties and also take note of anyone who has disappeared, is acting strange, or has inexplicable scratches/bruises. The community will be incredibly important in helping solve this case. For larger properties, a thorough search will take time and diligence. It's so easy to not "see" something that can be right in front of us.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I think that is an income that would be ok for rural WI. Living paycheck to,paycheck like most people do with some extras thrown in.

Depends on what kind of deductibles and copays they had for their health and dental.

They hired a veey good company to paint their house rather than some handy type person. House painting is expensive.

She had dancing lessons which are expensive I would guess. The costumes are pricey as well.

For someone who makes barely minimum wage, the C family may seem somewhat affluent.

Not really. The dance lessons are $39 a month per style per Christine's website. Plus we do not know if her grandparents helped fund her activities. And given that some of the family is from Cornell or living there currently the company could have given them a break on the painting if they are friends/family.

Now THIS got me thinking and would make a bit more sense. What if Jayme ran into the basement? In my basement in Wisconsin my phone never worked because of the concrete, even with WiFi calling. But if I stood by my washing machine which had a small window by it I could make a call. That could explain the 30 minutes that went by and why the call wasn't made immediately.
We can't know that her bedroom was not in the basement (I've not read any articles about the layout of the house) and maybe as a lot of teens do, she falls asleep with her earbuds in. Just my opinion though.

Possible scenario: Jayme hears gunshots. She goes into hiding without phone. Perp is looking for her, possibly calling out for her, then goes silent. Jayme, thinking perp may have left, gets the courage to come out of hiding and gets to a phone and dials 911. Perp sees her/she sees perp and tries to run. He manages to run her down, grabs her, maybe incapacitates her, then returns to phone and disconnects call. He quickly gets the hell out of there.

this. for all we know she used one of her parents' phones. but imo the phone was hers which is why LE doesn't want to reveal whose it was for fear that the perp(s) will find out (if they didn't already know) and harm her (if they haven't already).

can someone point me to a link regarding the housepainter(s)? TIA.

Bumping Tricia's post from page one - sff & bbm

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

The photo was posted two years ago, though. I have also wondered if they still had the dog (or any dog) and if the dog alerted to a vehicle arriving in the driveway. Dad could have been on his way to the door because of the dog barking.

I looked at the county assessor site assessor site as well as Trulia, Realtor.com, etc. There is not much information and I've been unable to locate a floor plan. If we have any locals here who could make it to the public library there, there is a chance the floor plan could be located.

Address of the home: 1268 US-8, Barron, WI 54812

Street view of the home: Google Maps
MOO

Blargh! I thought the picture was this summer.

You bring up an important point. LE has asked everyone to search their properties and also take note of anyone who has disappeared, is acting strange, or has inexplicable scratches/bruises. The community will be incredibly important in helping solve this case. For larger properties, a thorough search will take time and diligence. It's so easy to not "see" something that can be right in front of us.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Leaving it up to regular citizens is unacceptable to me. I do not care about the weather or temps. A grid search must be performed as well as door to door searches.

Because the Sheriff clearly said that they know she was there based, in part from the 911 call. That can only mean she was heard or someone else was heard yelling something at (or to) Jayme giving them the indication she was there.

There is another possibility. On the phone call LE may have heard someone say "he took her" or something else that implies she was there at the time of the shootings. It doesn't mean she was definitely there at the time of the call.

The killer fired only 2 bullets ..one for each victim because imo he knew they were both dead immediately where no more shots were necessary to make sure they were dead. Imo they both died almost immediately once shot.

We don't there were only two shots fired. We know the neighbors only heard two shots. Some shots may have been made indoors, or pointing away from the neighbors, or using a quieter weapon.

so common sense isn't allowed? The parents were dead, Jayme is the only person that would make the call, unless you believe it was the gunman?

It's not the presenting of common sense ideas or even the stating of what seems more or less likely that is a problem, it's the presenting of ideas as if they are factual when they are not actually known facts. You may think it's likely she made the call, and it's fine to say you think it's likely, but it's still technically possible that's not how it happened, and it's not ok (per TOS) to say it's a proven fact, until we hear that from LE/MSM.

If you follow the link back to yesterday’s poster it should take you straight to the picture in the FB page. I think it was this summer. Late June.

If they did have a dog and it was barking, etc. that might account for some of the audio difficulties on the 911 call. Jmo.
No, the photo was posted in 2016.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members