AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo was posted two years ago, though. I have also wondered if they still had the dog (or any dog) and if the dog alerted to a vehicle arriving in the driveway. Dad could have been on his way to the door because of the dog barking.

I looked at the county assessor site as well as Trulia, Realtor.com, etc. There is not much information and I've been unable to locate a floor plan. If we have any locals here who could make a trip to the public library, there is a chance the floor plan could be located.

Address of the home: 1268 US-8, Barron, WI 54812

Street view of the home: Google Maps
MOO

IMHO this looks like a split level to me

If you look at the pics, you can see the windows for the basement. There is also a tuck under garage so there is a door from the basement to the garage.
Yes it looks like the garage is under the house and possibly a small room at the other end.

181016102150-jayme-closs-parents-killed-crime-scene-exlarge-169.jpg

As far as the questions about if houses have basements:

Unless you know otherwise, the answer is yes. 99% of houses have basements up here. We don't have the same issues with high water tables that say Florida does. Meanwhile you need to dig down 6 feet or so in order to put foundations below the frost line. Not too much extra expense to dig down a few more feet and put a basement in. Basements vary from dingy cellars with concrete walls and floors where you have to duck under pipes, and only use to go down to do your laundry and store your stuff, to fully finished living spaces depending on the age and price level of the house and the initiative of the owners.

To breech an exterior door with a shotgun you need to blast apart the door jam and will be something very visible even in the limited pics we’ve seen.

I was just replying about it’s possible to breach a front door with a shotgun. I personally didn’t see the door pictures but I’ll take the word for it

I'm not sure because, if you look at all the photos available, the house seems to be kind of built into a hill. So that bottom level is like a walk-in basement. *Another* basement under that would be pretty rare.
Yes, I mean the "walk-in" basement would be considered the basement. At least that is what I would call it, having grown up in the upper Midwest myself. I think the basement was likely accessed through the garage as well as by a stairway, probably in the kitchen. I don't think there is a level under the basement - that would be unusual.

Looks like the house has a ground floor (accessed by the front door) and then a level under it, called, imo, a basement.

:)

I saw a few people mentioning similarities between this and the 2005 case of Shasta and Dylan Groene. I agree, plus also the 1999 case of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible. The Groene children were taken to neighboring state Montana, and although I don't believe it's been confirmed, a number of witnesses have said that the perps in Ashley and Lauria's case may have taken them to another part of OK. I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Jayme is NOT still in the vicinity of Barron. I'm in Minnesota, so I am definitely on alert. She of course could be anywhere, but southern WI, southeastern MN, northeastern IA, northern IL are particular areas to pay attention to IMO. It's great that her case is nationwide but my fellow Midwesterners need to be on particularly high alert and pay close attention!

Then, seriously, yes. It looks like Wisconsin is a state which sells guns in pawnshops.

Guns in Wisconsin can be bought at Gun Shows. The sellers must have a legal license to sell. They can be bo0ught at pawn shops too. Once again they have to have a license to sell & anyone buying them must not have any convictions.

Bolded by me

This was a gunshot crime scene,” Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald told NBC News. He went on to explain that after a call was placed to emergency services, they were able to hear what was going on even though no one spoke to them.

We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call. No one interacted with our dispatchers, so it was just kind of an open line where we could hear different things in the background.”

13-Year-Old Girl Missing After Her Parents Were Found Dead At Home
Yelling. Not screaming, but yelling.

22 minutes in between. What could be going on under these circumstances for 22 minutes? Obviously the perp(s) had a gun so there's control over the victims. What would take 22 minutes? Did the perp have Jayme pack? Was food taken? Was there a safe or something in the house they were trying to figure out a code for? Maybe money in it? Maybe they were looking for a hidden safe with money in it? What took all those minutes after the shootings? I wonder if someone was tied up while the perp was getting information from them.

LE did say no guns were found in the house. We can't say with 100% certainty that anyone in the family owned guns, but we know Mr. Closs was a hunter. So there is a pretty good chance Mr. Closs owned at least one firearm for hunting. Perhaps the perp was ransacking the house during those 22 minutes, and found Mr. Closs' gun. If the gun was in a safe or otherwise locked away it may have taken some time.

IMHO this looks like a split level to me
My guess is that the bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, and living room are on the main floor.

Underneath (the basement) is the garage, possibly a small bathroom, laundry area and another room (rec room, workroom, bedroom, etc.).

I don't think it's a split-level with bedrooms upstairs and living area down.

The family likely went in the house quite often through the garage after parking the car there. My guess is they entered the basement and then took the stairs which would bring them to the kitchen/living room.

But, I'm just guessing.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads