AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that gun shots were heard just after 12:30AM, and the 911 call was made at 12:58 AM is very puzzling? This would suggest that the perpetrator(s) spent almost a half hour in the house after the murders.

Possibly searching for something?

I wish we had more information about the 911 call.
It seems that during that half hour the perp(s) were ether looking for something or looking for Jayme.

There are lots of places to hide in homes--basements, attics, closets, etc.... If the house had a crawlspace, she could have hid in there as well...or the garage.

Y’all, the sheriff asked volunteers to show up and meet at the intersection. That doesn’t mean they’re necessarily searching there. It’s likely a meeting point from which they’ll spread out to wherever.

“One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.”
While in many cases, this is true, it still is usually within the vicinity of the meet up place.

If someone hasn't already answered, I believe that the neighbors being awake and hearing the shots came out of Ashleigh Banfield interviews. Either the interview via phone with the neighbors or the interview with the Sheriff.
thank you. i wonder if all the other articles took 'they were awake and looked at the clock' and it turned into 'they woke up and looked at the clock' like a game of telephone where the original message gets distorted.

FBI Milwaukee on Twitter
Barron County Sheriff's Office is requesting the public’s assistance to conduct a routine search for articles of value that may be related to the case of missing 13 yr old Jayme Closs, Hwy 8 & 16th St. at 2 pm. today in the City of Barron http://ow.ly/5T7P30mhQzl #FindJayme
IMO this is a great way to make use of the public. I don't think the sheriff is expecting to find Jayme - that would be traumatic for a civilian - but the search may turn up something of value. I do wonder though if this is a generic search or if LE is specifically trying to locate something?

Well, Google maps does pin to the wrong house-- when I put in the Closs address: 1268 13 1/2 Ave Barron, WI the pin is dropped over their neighbors house to the west and neighbors house is in the preview of the Streetview. I'm not sure if we have been told the address of the arrested person, however, to test that theory (still trying to catch up on the thread).
But if someone went to the wrong house, I can't understand why Jayme would be taken and not killed there at the scene.
If you put in 1268 US 8, Barron WI as the address it puts you right on their house.

Posted 18 minutes ago
Barron County Sheriff's Department
Wisconsin DOJ Office of School Safety Deploys Emergency Resources to Assist in Barron County Schools

BARRON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of School Safety (OSS) is working with Wausau Police Department and the Wisconsin Safe and Healthy Schools Center to deploy trained therapists, school resources officers, and comfort dogs to Barron School District, in the aftermath of the disappearance of 13 year-old Jayme Closs.

If you have information that can help find Jayme Closs, contact the tip line at 1-855-744-3879.

(*more at link)

Interesting. Wausau makes me think of still missing Kayla Berg:
WI - WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

Wausau is only 2 hours drive from Barron: Google Maps

Jayme sort of looks like a younger version of Kayla as well IMO:
Kayla May Berg – The Charley Project

I know circumstances are vastly different but could the same perp be involved in both cases? Maybe he has escalated to double homicide in order to get Jayme?

Doing the volunteer search is better late than never, but I am wondering why they did not do this kind of thing right away? In the beginning, if recall something stated to the effect of just the opposite.

You can be alive hours after being shot...

IMO, the neighbour who described the time she heard the shots sounded very convincing to me. She was awake when she heard the shots which she said were only seconds apart. I haven’t read a transcript from last night’s show but I think she mentioned her clock was off by a couple of minutes and the time she gave was adjusted accordingly. I think she said she went outside afterwards because she couldn’t sleep but I don’t remember how long after she went outside after hearing the shots? I think she said it was quiet but her dog seemed slightly agitated (going by memory, please correct me if I’m wrong).

It seems to me that the earlier time mentioned by the neighbour makes sense because there was no sign of anyone when LE arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call. If the 911 call was made 20+ minutes after the shots and was made by one of the parents, why would they hang up 45 seconds (?) after placing the call?

Well, Google maps does pin to the wrong house-- when I put in the Closs address: 1268 13 1/2 Ave Barron, WI the pin is dropped over their neighbors house to the west and neighbors house is in the preview of the Streetview. I'm not sure if we have been told the address of the arrested person, however, to test that theory (still trying to catch up on the thread).
But if someone went to the wrong house, I can't understand why Jayme would be taken and not killed there at the scene.

Whoa... that could be relevant to the situation.

Forgive me if this is known...I'm still catching up.

We do know what time the father arrived home from work?

Could the perp have been in the house to see the mom/daughter that the father didn't expect to see??? I don't mean an invited guest, but rather that the perp was in the house already - not someone who arrived at the time of the gunshots.

jmo
Possibility. Shot Dad as he came through the front door.

Is there a scanner for this case? I think something is going on now.
I could only find weather; still looking...
There is a search being coordinated by Barron Sheriff Dept. Here's a link to their fb page post: <iframe src="Facebook" width="500" height="241" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Wow! So many nasty crimes.Lots of meth. Child sex stuff.

And all ages!

Clearly meth is a problem locally (where isn’t it?). They had a community meeting about it in Rice Lake two weeks ago.

Johnson to attend meth town hall

Nonetheless, I have a harder time thinking a random meth head wandered in and did this than I do thinking it was someone familiar with the family. It’s not impossible but the odds seem against it.

If we were to discover someone in the house had a drug problem, that would alter my opinion. Right now there is just no indication that they were anything but a totally average family. So I keep coming back to a familiar killer who was interested in obtaining JC. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho