AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final thoughts for the day... the assailant(s) had to have driven to the house, parked in the driveway, and approached the front door. When approaching a house like this they’ve got to assume the homeowner will have a dog and a gun - in a rural setting like this that’s probably accurate on both 75% of the time. Point being, whatever this person is after they’re choosing an approach that almost certainly leads to immediate detection and violent confrontation.

With that in mind, I strongly believe the perp(s) came to kill, not to abduct.

Wasn't he some sort of manager? Wouldn't it be easy enough to see when the store closed to know when he got off work?
It is a store and a turkey production facility from slaughter to packaging. It is a 24 hour operation. I doubt the store portion is open 24 hours. But the rest of the operation is 3 shifts of production.

Looking at this timeframe, it stands out to me that James was the targeted person! He had just come in from work. Is the murderer a coworker with James and they had a dispute at work?

If the perp was aiming for Denise, she had been home all evening alone with Jayme. The perp wouldn’t have had James around and if he timed it right, Jayme should have been in bed.

The more I studied this timeframe, my theory is that Denise was killed because she got up, saw the perp, and could identify him. Jayme got up too and could identify him. He couldn’t shoot a child. He had to take her with him to keep her from telling who he was.

Has LE checked the work place to see if someone that worked Sunday night didn’t show up for work on Monday?

Snipped by me.

My opinions only.

Just to clarify, the post you quoted states several things that are not verified as facts. We don't know what time James worked until nor what time party ended. Several members have looked and no one could provide sources for those times the poster listed. We don't know when Denise and Jayme returned home from the party. And for all we know the perp could have been in the house already when all family members were all gone. We don't know when the home invasion began. We don't know if the 12:31 gunshots were the beginning of the home invasion/murders or the end. And we don't know the parent's estimated times of deaths. That's an awful lot we don't know.

Wasn't he some sort of manager? Wouldn't it be easy enough to see when the store closed to know when he got off work?
Most of the factories I’m familiar with run 24/7. Managers work their shifts but I don’t know if they are salary or clock in. I grew up in Willmar MN, home of Jennie-O and that’s the way it worked there back in the day.

My husband does for his CHL I don’t like it but it doesn’t kick much more than my 9mm. He likes it because it won’t go through but should stop inside the target. More likely than the 9mm by his research. 45 tumbles and stops, 9mm can pass through. He swears there is less likely hood for collateral damage.
He’s mostly right, but a 45 is nevertheless an uncommon round for the under-50 crowd. Tell hubby to look into frangible ammo.

LE should release more details surrounding the fathers whereabouts. It seems odd there is such little coverage or commentary from people he worked with on Sunday.
LE releases what they believe will be helpful in regards to generating tips.

We want to know. They assess what we need to know.

Alright, well, I was waiting before posting this to see if the search today yielded any results and it doesn't seem that it did unfortunately. I've been making notes on the side of similarities to Abby & Libby's case. It's obviously not exactly same but here's what has stood out to me:

- Abby was 13, Jayme is 13 - these girls resemble each other in looks and build and innocent aura (bb FG)
- Delphi has a hog plant nearby, Barron has a turkey processor
- Both seem to have nearby highways but are small, rural towns in the MidWest
- Both locations have a nearby cemetery
- Both locations have a nearby railroad track
- Both locations have nearby truck stops
- Both crimes took place in a relatively short/fast period of time
- Others (may have) been killed in an effort to acquire the target victim (Libby / Jayme's parents)
- Billboards utilized quickly in both cases, lots of media attention early on
- Similar statements in PCs
- AND bonus, if you add in Evansdale, IA it makes a triangle between the 3 locations

All speculation and JMO and sorry, delete if not allowed, but... isn't that a lot??
I may add:
- At the same time: Monday morning (Barron earlier than Delphi)

Idk if it's been said, but if James was at work until 1200a then he very well may have been shot coming INTO the house, rather than having answered the door. Perhaps the perp was already in the house with Denise and Jayme.

Have you ever stood next to someone shooting a .45 at the range? The boom is so loud that even with my ears on, I always jump. A .45 caliber going off inside the Closs home would be heard by the neighbors.
I have to agree here, I’ve stood by a .45 nearby, and it’s like a cannon. Even if you’re prepared, you aren’t.

There is a linked radio interview with the neighbor about 100 posts back or so (and I think there is a news story as well) where she says that her and her husband had gotten home (didn't say where they were) at 11:30 and they went to bed at 12:15.
Thanks. Either I didn't hear the entire thing or I listened to a different interview. I hate when that happens!

I've seen several people mention that the neighbors were gone, but all I've seen is that she said they had just gone to bed about 12;15 am, and heard the shots shortly after. Do you have a link to where it's said they had just gotten home, and when? I'm really more behind here than I like.. Thanks

I'm hoping it's ok to say this since I don't have a link, but I have relatives out there who have said that the FBI has asked them not to offer an award yet. I (and they) have no idea why. MOO

I remember it saying spent rounds or casing, but don't remember the word bullet mentioned.

Something I'm really confused about because I can't remember where I read them, and I'm hoping somebody here can tell me which has been confirmed and which is considered rumor: I've read in a few places that nobody spoke on the 911 call, but yelling could be heard in the background, but I've also read in a few places that LE responded to a 911 call asking for help at that address. Does anyone know if whoever called actually spoke? I'm not sure why, but it seems important to me. TIA
There have been some reports that say bullet casings. I think it's been reported a couple different ways, but FWIW, here are two that say bullet casings:

Neighbors tell KSTP's Joe Mazan they heard gunshots around 12:30 a.m. And the sheriff confirms bullet casings were found at the scene.
2 Found Dead at Wisconsin Residence, 13-Year-Old Missing

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald has said that bullet casings were found in the home, but has not released an official cause of death for the couple.
Jayme Closs disappearance: What we know, Day 3

The 911 reports have varied a little also.

WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

No, they didn't call 911. It is a rural area and people do shoot at four-legged varmints. She said she thought maybe someone was scaring off a bear.

BTW, the couple were not asleep.

moo

How did the suspect know that two gunshots in the middle of the night would not result in a 911 call? It seems like a huge risk to take to fire two shots, and stay in the house for another 30 minutes. Police were only 4 minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member