AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Final thoughts for the day... the assailant(s) had to have driven to the house, parked in the driveway, and approached the front door. When approaching a house like this they’ve got to assume the homeowner will have a dog and a gun - in a rural setting like this that’s probably accurate on both 75% of the time. Point being, whatever this person is after they’re choosing an approach that almost certainly leads to immediate detection and violent confrontation.

With that in mind, I strongly believe the perp(s) came to kill, not to abduct.
I was just reading through lots of articles...this one says that Closs relatives said the Closs front door had been shot through:

Missing Teen Jayme Closs Was Home when Her Parents Were Killed — and Front Door Was Shot In

LE hasn’t released a whole lot of information to gather tips from imo.
Exactly. And if we take that at face value, that means that they don’t have that information in the first place, or don’t believe that the information that they do have, will generate tips to help solve this.

They’re not going this alone. They have state and Federal resources that have a great deal of experience with cases like this.

Possible Timeline.
12:20-12:30 Intruder/s arrive (for unknown reasons)
12:31-12:38 Confrontation/Struggle then gunshots herd (likely scenario both parents shot)
12:39-12:55 Intruders clean up/collect evidence/steal valuables/cash and find Jayme
12:56am 911 call made (Jayme found moms phone and sneakily made the call or mom/dad made the call while intruders are distracted)
12:57-1:00 Intruders realize the call was made and quickly leave knowing police will arrive.

Still find it very strange there are gunshots at around 12:30am (dead of night) 26 minutes pass and they are still at the location. The intruders don't know if someone herd the shots and called 911, im sure gunshots at night wouldn't be common.

Last edited:
Shoot we’ve talked about dual perps...what about multiple perps? Idk.

ETA: if the FBI doesn’t know then I sure as hell do not know.

I wonder what BAU thinks about all this..

(I would love to work for them but you can’t smoke pot and work for the FBI...iirc they only have like 14 or 18 BAU agents in the entire US )

Final thoughts for the day... the assailant(s) had to have driven to the house, parked in the driveway, and approached the front door. When approaching a house like this they’ve got to assume the homeowner will have a dog and a gun - in a rural setting like this that’s probably accurate on both 75% of the time. Point being, whatever this person is after they’re choosing an approach that almost certainly leads to immediate detection and violent confrontation.

With that in mind, I strongly believe the perp(s) came to kill, not to abduct.

He didn't have to park in their driveway. He could have parked some distance away and been in the house before Jayme and her mom got home from the family party. He could have laid in wait in the house, or outside the house, until everyone was home.

Absolutely. Cameras of any type. The Mollie Tibbetts case was stone cold until police got surveillance footage several weeks in, that helped to break the case.

Iirc from local posters, madnative maybe, there are gas stations to both the east and west. Here’s the problem: they’ve had time now to review the appropriate times and data.

Absolutely. Cameras of any type. The Mollie Tibbetts case was stone cold until police got surveillance footage several weeks in, that helped to break the case.
Exactly. Someone made a good point regarding the earlier search. Whichever direction LE approached the scene from could help them narrow in on any activity seen in a certain area. Unfortunately this is rural Wisconsin and there isn’t much for houses, businesses, etc along these roadways.

Maybe they are trying to track down owners on cars seen on footage: This can take a long time, say if they’re running registrants on a common vehicle. I learned this in Jessica Herringa’s Case re: the silver minivan.

Exactly. Someone made a good point regarding the earlier search. Whichever direction LE approached the scene from could help them narrow in on any activity seen in a certain area. Unfortunately this is rural Wisconsin and there isn’t much for houses, businesses, etc along these roadways.
Yup. That is a very good point. A camera somewhere, must have caught something. I know it’s rural, but it’s still likely.

This case comes down to how the victims and suspect are connected. If this was some online thing that led to this, then the trail is there.

If this is random though, or something else, it makes things very difficult. Still not impossible however, not with cell phone data, and possible forensics.

Can we through common sense assume we are dealing with a pedophile? Because a teen or kid would be missed by now.

True of false?

—-ETA if you voted true this means you think Jayme was the target. Or a killer just happens to be a pedophile.

I’m not so sure it’s all about Jayme yet. I’m not sure this wasn’t a hit on her parents. Likely Jayme was the target but there’s something about the plant that gnaws at me.

ETA: every turkey in that plant, past present needs to be thoroughly inspected metaphorically speaking! This would be first on LE’s list considering the deceased.

Can we through common sense assume we are dealing with a pedophile? Because a teen or kid would be missed by now.

True of false?
True. But false.

It all comes down to the motive. I do think that this is likely to be sexually motivated, so that would mean I think it is true.

But, there are other potential motives (ones that I see as being less likely) that would make this false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892