AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a news source. Tell you a little tip. Some news sites that have subscriber walls that only show a small portion of the article and then their prompt tells you to login or subscribe actually have the entire article there but hidden via html/javascript. If you right click on the page and View Source you might get the entire content of the article. I would give it a try and see what you see there.

ETA: The News-Shield is a real newspaper and is, in fact, the oldest newspaper in the county. A simple Google Search will show you that.
I don't doubt the source is a real newspaper.
MOO

Yes it’s a real newspaper, but are you sure it says what people are claiming it says, in regards to the phone.

The dispatch records don’t seem to corroborate this, and no other outlet has mentioned the information that is supposedly in this article.

It would be huge news, yet nothing. I’m more than skeptical here.
It is a newspaper. I can't imagine the oldest newspaper in the county would trash their reputation by making up a story. Doesn't make sense to me that they would.

If you subscribe (or do what I suggested in my previous post) you can read the entire article and see that what the poster who linked the article quoted from it is in the article (along with other interesting information). Actual local reporters may have the right connections to get that kind of information.

Did the family have a dog? Do we know? Or is J holding a dog they were maybe just taking care of
I have wondered about a picture of the dog on Jayme's facebook, from a year ago, in which she comments, "she was so little....". Does that mean her dog died then, a year ago, as just a puppy? Or that she is fondly remembering back to when the adult dog was just a little puppy? Could be significant since sometimes domestic abusers kill pets. Here's the link. Jayme Closs

I have an uneasy feeling about this "article" as well. If true, I have to wonder why no major news outlets have reported this information.

I tried to find the dispatch reports myself.
No dispatch reports here: http://barronsheriff.org/communications/#

A little more googling landed me here: Barron County Dispatch Log There are no dispatch logs for October 15. Where did the information in the article come from and does anyone have a paid subscription to this publication?
Search intensifies for girl; 13-year-old vanishes after parents killed
Over the past several hours we’ve had discussions about “multiple rounds spent” and what that meant.

It was all in relation to this supposed article.

I think we’ve been had.

It is a newspaper. I can't imagine the oldest newspaper in the county would trash their reputation by making up a story. Doesn't make sense to me that they would.

If you subscribe (or do what I suggested in my previous post) you can read the entire article and see that what the poster who linked the article quoted from it is in the article (along with other interesting information). Actual local reporters may have the right connections to get that kind of information.
Can you screenshot it please? So we can put this to bed.

Oh, no, no, no! I don't think they made up this story. Someone's copy/paste may have gone haywire, though.

ETA: I did right-click and view source - didn't work.
MOO

Oh, no, no, no! I don't think they made up this story at all! Someone's copy/paste may have gone haywire, though.
MOO
My guess is that their story, doesn’t match what it is claimed by others, to be in their story.

It’s perfect, because the paywall prevents us from reading the article that is being cited.

Dubious indeed.

Poll:.is Jayme still alive?

(My vote is 50/50)

ETA: I’m leaning 51/49 deceased.

Again not being Debbie Downer.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Come home safe Jayme.
Because of similarities I see to other cases where the kidnapped young girl ended up being kept alive, I do think there's a good chance she's still alive. As time goes on I get less optimistic about it though and lean more towards deceased. But I'm staying hopeful

Jayme, no one will stop looking for you; we will find you.

14 mile search area alone...can you imagine all the unrelated stuff they're going to find?

Positive thoughts. We are rooting for you, Jayme.

ETA: 20 miles on the lake (turtle) sounds um, statisticalish, if we are dealing with a disposal location and recovery mission/pedophile abduction moo.

ETA As does 14ish miles.

Everything is speculative brainstorming and JM0.

It is a real newspaper. The given article is for subscribers only. I checked the article using the technique he cited. Just right-click and view source. I can screen-shot that if it would help. Made my blood run cold.
I've already done that and it doesn't work. Thank you for trying to help, though. I'll just call tomorrow and talk to the reporter or something. We'll get it straightened out.
MOO

My guess is that their story, doesn’t match what it is claimed by others, to be in their story.

It’s perfect, because the paywall prevents us from reading the article that is being cited.

Dubious indeed.
Well, I've got to get some sleep but maybe you or someone else can shoot them an email. ?
MOO

It is a real newspaper. The given article is for subscribers only. I checked the article using the technique he cited. Just right-click and view source. I can screen-shot that if it would help. Made my blood run cold.
I think it's because the newspaper wrote this from the dispatch logs before the FBI showed up and quashed things. Which would also fit well with the sheriff saying don't believe anything that doesn't come from his press releases. None of their other stories on the topic seem to be for subscribers only.

I think it's because the newspaper wrote this from the dispatch logs before the FBI showed up and quashed things. Which would also fit well with the sheriff saying don't believe anything that doesn't come from his press releases. None of their other stories on the topic seem to be for subscribers only.
Respectfully, that can't be right. The article is dated October 17.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member