AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes very little sense to me. The neighbour said the shots were close together. Bang...bang. The mother would not have the opportunity to barricade herself anywhere. I'd say its more likely he shot the father and walked to the mothers bedroom and shot her.

Unless. We don’t know if he shot dad while coming in or going out .

In my school district they are called Personal Care Assistants (PCA's). Yes, relationships develop but outside of school contact is highly discouraged as is any teacher contacting students outside of school hours. Places a liability on the district, I've sat through enough of those in services to know the Teachers Unions discourage it too.

This person was hired by the family. For whatever reason.

Perhaps it's not a caregiver in the sense of a personal aide, but a daycare provider. ? Someone who did before- or after-school care, which would be the reason to switch schools, etc. 13 is old enough to be home alone, but perhaps they used when Jayme was younger, and because of friends/relationship, they did move her from that school. And the caregiver is still utilized for various situations(working late, etc), and has become a friend. Know lots of this type of situations with friends and kids and moving school districts.

To me, the "caregiver" situation really does sound like a close relative who helped with Jayme because of her parents' work schedules. I live in a rural, poor area with a lot of factory workers, and it is very common for grandparents or aunts/uncles or even family friends to be the one taking care of children while the parents are working. (In fact, that was true for me growing up.)

Edited to add: it seems to be the preferred method, especially since childcare itself can be costly and people have to work and often live paycheck to paycheck.

Switching schools really could have just been a matter of convenience, especially if the person taking care of her had their own children at the other school or were older and it was simply more convenient for them to have the school closer to where they lived.

Chose your post at random in the midst of caregiver commentary bc I had a thought - the neighbor says she saw Jayme getting off the bus "daily" (I think she agreed to that when AB asked her, didn't necessarily think it through and likely less frequent imo). But if Jayme changed schools bc of a caregiver moving, wouldn't the bus take her to the caregiver's home? Otherwise what is the point of changing schools?

We're only allowed to discuss things from allowed sources. If a source isn't allowed when you try to link it and has **** instead, my understanding is that discussion of that content is also off limits until/unless the content is available from an allowed source.

And the more these posts and others that are discussing things we've been told not to discuss (should be notes on the first page that are in addition to the usual TOS rules) the more likely the thread will have to be shut down for the mods to do clean up, which is a shame when there's good discussion going on here :/
Couldn't that "theory" be discussed? How is discussing those details as speculation be any different than a random theory or speculation thrown out by a poster? The discussion I've seen about the non-approved source has all said, "if that is the case, then..." No one is accepting that as fact that I've seen.

It's a good point. It could depend on her parents' work hors. Maybe one was home in the afternoon but not the morning? So, maybe the person was dropping her off, but she took the bus home?

Are we allowed to run with that theory for a bit? It doesn't make sense to me that the dad gets up to answer the door, he's shot and the mother has time to barricade herself in the bathroom with her phone... and somehow, it takes her 20+ minutes to call 911 while barricaded, alone, in the bathroom.
In all honesty, we don't know what happened inside the home. Mom could have been injured and in and out of consciousness.

Pure speculation, but I am thinking this case will likely end up being solved by investigating social media messaging apps.

JMO.

Or barricaded after being shot, lost consciousness but then regained consciousness later and then called? One article said the dad was found at the front door and it was reported five minutes later that the mother was found inside the home. They could have still been clearing the house before reporting the 2nd person found? I would have to guess that the assailant(s) already had Jayme under their control if it turns out that DC barricaded herself in a bathroom.

Haven't read anywhere that DC barricaded herself in bathroom, but my first instinct would be to get to my daughter and try to shield/protect her. Of course, no one knows exactly how they would behave in a horrific case like this.

Here are some photos for the county GIS website which give a clearer view of the house and area.

Distant view. The house is near the center but I put a red dot on the road in front of it to mark it. Note the railroad tracks behind. In Google StreetView, I believe the tracks look grown up like they're not in use these days.

closs-8.jpg

Closer view:

closs-9.jpg

And even closer. Note the deck. I'd assume there must have been a door there.

closs-10.jpg

Last edited:
Unless. We don’t know if he shot dad while coming in or going out .
Yes. What if the perp was fixated on Denise. He could have known James was at work. Assaulted Denise then shot her in the bedroom. He thought she was dead. Denise made the call from the bedroom. Perp waited to kill James when he was coming in. Took Jayme as a substitute for Denise. James may have even seen a familiar car there and thought it off but nothing to call 911 about.

Full dispatch without needing a subscription to view. Door was kicked in. Phone was Denise's.

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in
115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

How in the world do they know he answered the door? And there are references to the Jennie O plant and what would make them think this was a suicide initially? so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada