AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme Closs disappearance: Volunteers join search for Wis. girl whose parents were killed

"Investigators also believe Jayme was at home during the shooting based on details from the 911 call and evidence from the home."
Thanks for that link. :) You all who find those links so fast are amazing (and appreciated!).

But it still just says they think she was home during the shooting, not during the call - maybe someone in the call said something like, "they took Jayme," which would imply she had been there (hence the "based on details from the 911 call"). I know I'm nitpicking, but that is all we have at this point. :D I'm taking it very literally, which is probably only a good idea when quoting LE, so I agree it could be interpreted to mean they also believe she was there during the call.

Are we allowed to run with that theory for a bit? It doesn't make sense to me that the dad gets up to answer the door, he's shot and the mother has time to barricade herself in the bathroom with her phone... and somehow, it takes her 20+ minutes to call 911 while barricaded, alone, in the bathroom.

Is it possible that Jayme witnessed one parent kill the other, and she shot the shooter, did not know what to do but eventually called police but then panicked and hung up and ran because she was scared and in shock?

Are we allowed to run with that theory for a bit? It doesn't make sense to me that the dad gets up to answer the door, he's shot and the mother has time to barricade herself in the bathroom with her phone... and somehow, it takes her 20+ minutes to call 911 while barricaded, alone, in the bathroom.

That was my immediate reaction as well when I read the cliffnotes.

One thing I have wondered about the 911 call is that they said "help" was the only thing audible, but they heard yelling. Did the caller say other things that are unintelligible? Was the yelling not intelligible either?

Or are the reports saying "help" was heard inaccurate? That seems to be what the logs are suggesting?

that could be cushion ties from a thin cushion. I have same chairs. They sell thin cushions at Walmart.

Has anyone noticed Jayme's resemblance of her mother? Her mother was very pretty but from what I can see on Facebook she was very modest about it. She also appeared to be religious. Is it possible someone was stalking Jayme's mother and also knew James? Perhaps someone who's advances she rejected? And rejected again on that night? That might explain the extended time there, the violent rage against James, taking her likeness Jayme when he was again rejected? I would want to find out if any one at the plant spent a lot of time watching the mom.

What if the person arrested at the residence half a mile away isn’t connected to this case but the residence itself is connected? Drugs bring in a lot of people passing through.
It’s a half a mile away I think I read earlier. That’s about 900 yards. I also wonder if the perp could have traveled on railroad tracks by foot or atv. Or down the power lines.
I just can’t help but feel it’s connected. They go there to buy drugs, get into a confrontation, flee, end up at Jayme’s house trying to hide. Paranoid. Raging. Whatever.

The 911 operator tried calling her back, but because the phone line was open (in use), the 911 operator's call was sent to voicemail. Twenty years ago, the 911 operator would have heard a busy signal when she or he tried calling back, but now calls are sent to voicemail.
So, if the 911 operator first listened to the commotion on the call, then did the operator hang up or try a different line to call the number back getting the voicemail? Confusing? And was the arrival of LE 4 mins from beginning of call received or after call back? 4 mins is such a short time for getaway, did LE check the attic?

Maybe she wasn't barricaded in the bathroom that entire time and was only there in the final moments?

Ok, so someone arrives, shoots the dad and hangs out with the mom and Jayme for 30 minutes? I mean, you are right that it doesn't say she was barricaded there the whole time but there is a lot of time in between when shots were heard and when the 911 call was placed. To me, it doesn't make sense, but you're not wrong either. :D

That same source says that "fire erupted through the door." I think there were videos or photos of the door and most agreed that there didn't seem to be any indication of damage to the door.... yet, it was still taken as evidence for some reason. If there was an indication that there'd be evidence like fingerprints, etc., wouldn't they have just kept it there and swabbed? Or, was it taken because James passed away nearby and there was additional evidence they'd need? Or, is the fact the door is gone indicative that there was damage to the door we maybe didn't see? Idk. Just thinking out loud...

It might not be a valid source but the Radar Online article makes sense to me.
Makes very little sense to me. The neighbour said the shots were close together. Bang...bang. The mother would not have the opportunity to barricade herself anywhere. I'd say its more likely he shot the father and walked to the mothers bedroom and shot her.

Did the neighbour say she heard gunshots at 2:38?

Did the neighbor call 911?
If not how did the police know where the anon cell call was from? Did they arrive 4 minutes later correct?
So many unanswered questions.

Has anyone ever seen evidence being removed from somewhere that clearly shows blood on it? I'm trying to think back to everything I've seen through the years and I don't remember any but I don't even remember what I had for supper last night.

Not that I can remember but it certainly is evidence.

The tech has thick gloves on and is making sure he holds it out away from his body to make sure he doesnt touch it.

The closest neighbor is ~250 yards away. There are 2 others ~300 yards away and some more around 400 yards. I don't know which of these are the ones that heard the gunshots, but whoever did was no closer than ~250 yards

I'm just measuring straight line distance on Google Maps

View attachment 151972

300 feet

‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

300 feet repeated in Fox article per Leader Telegram

Missing Wisconsin teen, 13, is in danger, not a runaway, cops say, as search intensifies after parents killed

The Fox article contains an oddity I have not read anywhere else:

"...The sheriff, speaking later Wednesday afternoon, said autopsies of the parents' bodies confirmed they died of gunshot wounds and were murdered. Investigators believe Jayme was home during their murders and "remains in danger."

The teen has been considered missing since Barron County police responded to a 911 call just before 1 a.m. Monday. The sheriff's office previously said Jayme arrived to find her parents dead inside their home. ..."

Maybe she wasn't barricaded in the bathroom that entire time and was only there in the final moments?
Or barricaded after being shot, lost consciousness but then regained consciousness later and then called? One article said the dad was found at the front door and it was reported five minutes later that the mother was found inside the home. They could have still been clearing the house before reporting the 2nd person found? I would have to guess that the assailant(s) already had Jayme under their control if it turns out that DC barricaded herself in a bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada