AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to give it up to Sheriff Fitzgerald in this case. Looking at the way he's handled himself with Jayme's case and looking back at other articles about his community involvement in previous events in Barron, he seems like a hometown boy who is a good guy that legitimately cares about doing the right thing for his community.

I read a few articles about him holding town hall meetings and doing outreach about the influx of meth in the area as well as how to spot warning signs of domestic abuse. Their office has kept their FB page pretty up to date and he's given the public at least some info in PC's - unlike the early nothingburgers that we got with cases like Mollie Tibbetts. He seems to realize that we know he can't release all the details and compromise the investigation but gives the public enough to keep Jayme in the spotlight where she should be.

Also commend him for immediately realizing this case was too big for his office to handle and calling in available assistance such as the FBI field office. Like I said, seems like a legit good guy who wants to do right by his community. Really hope he can help bring Jayme home and bring her parents killer to justice.

Very excellent info! Thanks!

Thanks. That's better. There does appear to be something red on the one rung but it could be pixelation; different shading of browns due to lighting, etc. If something does have blood on it, would it be carried out of a house unbagged? That would allow contamination.

I would assume blood samples would have been collected prior to anything being moved. JMO

I have a feeling Jayme was extremely close to both of her parents. Many children her age still like spending time with their parents.

I bet since her daddy was older when Jayme was born she was probably the apple of his eye and daddy's little girl.

I deeply feel all three were very close making this even more heartbreaking if possible.

My problem with that theory is that LE has clearly said that the noises they heard in the background lead them to conclude that Jayme was home when the call was made. Not sure how you draw that conclusion unless she could be heard in the background.

It's possible that she wasn't heard explicitly but someone was yelling/calling her name as if she was present? Or, someone yelling commands or orders and logically by that point, her parents have passed away and she'd be the only one they could be yelling to?

Nothing sketchy. They would be broken up into small groups with leaders from LE. They don't have unlimited LE, so they have to have limited volunteers.
We were broken up in small groups during one of the searches for Caylee Anthony because of the area we were searching. I do believe there may be a connection between the town meeting, the tips and the first organized community search since she went missing IMO

MOO It's not reasonable to assume that the neighbors report of being 'still awake' means they were quietly listening to crickets. Coming home late they may have been discussing the next day or showering, watching the news or doing any of the things that people do when they get home late and get ready for bed. My point is that they may have been making their own noise. Even if they had been able to hear through the trees, etc they may not have b/c of their own noise. I don't think anything can be taken from their statements except that what they did hear, they heard at 12:31.
In one of the many articles/interviews, it was stated they were "in bed, but still awake," so they were probably not making much noise. Again, one of many sources, with different details (or just more ?) than other sources.

My problem with that theory is that LE has clearly said that the noises they heard in the background lead them to conclude that Jayme was home when the call was made. Not sure how you draw that conclusion unless she could be heard in the background.
Respectfully, I've only seen that they said Jayme was home when her parents were killed, not when the call was made. Would you be willing to show me where you saw that reported? THANKS!

MOO It's not reasonable to assume that the neighbors report of being 'still awake' means they were quietly listening to crickets. Coming home late they may have been discussing the next day or showering, watching the news or doing any of the things that people do when they get home late and get ready for bed. My point is that they may have been making their own noise. Even if they had been able to hear through the trees, etc they may not have b/c of their own noise. I don't think anything can be taken from their statements except that what they did hear, they heard at 12:31.

I agree with this. I mentioned in my post that my neighbor accidentally shot himself last year. He was just across the street and we heard nothing. It was a weekend morning and between the tv on, making breakfast and piddling around the house we heard nothing. Reiterating that he was inside his house.

Do you think the reason no reward has been offered is to keep the calls that have important tips going so that the "crazies" do not try to clog th eline with bogus spottings of her? I hope I am saying that right
I don't know how crimestoppers works in Wisconsin - they seem to be the ones that start the reward process IMO - the parents put up the first portion of the reward for Mollie IIRC.

There is a woman in the Barron County jail roster with charges for THC possession, paraphernalia, meth possession, and a probation violation with an address on the same street as the Closs's (from the CCAP website for previous charges). That must have been the "serious unrelated criminal activity" that the sheriff was referring to.

Do you think the reason no reward has been offered is to keep the calls that have important tips going so that the "crazies" do not try to clog th eline with bogus spottings of her? I hope I am saying that right

I think it's possible. If LE is already running down 800 tips plus interviewing all the RSOs and parolees, and following up on all of the evidence from the scene, they already have their work cut out for them. If no solid leads come from the evidence at hand, they may offer a reward to tempt someone who might not otherwise report something to report it. But rewards often function more as a thing to report to the media to entice them to report on the story. If they are already given it wall-to-wall coverage, then maybe no need yet.

How would they know if was Jayme by voice? Did they have someone who knows her listening to the recording?

Ir was someone calling her name? If they called her name, how did they know it?

Pardon my random thoughts, but why would you bother to tie someone up if your intention is to kill them ? That is , of course, assuming that anyone actually WAS tied up. The only scenario I can logically construct for that is a home invasion that occurs prior to the father coming home and catching the suspect(s) by surprise. But then, why take someone with you ?
( I think I need a coffee break. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member