AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't know why but I feel there was something sketchy about the 100 volunteers needed and community only meeting. I hope LE is just throwing perp off. I hope he knows exactly what happened to Jayme.
Nothing sketchy. They would be broken up into small groups with leaders from LE. They don't have unlimited LE, so they have to have limited volunteers.

The closest neighbor is ~250 yards away. There are 2 others ~300 yards away and some more around 400 yards. I don't know which of these are the ones that heard the gunshots, but whoever did was no closer than ~250 yards

I'm just measuring straight line distance on Google Maps

View attachment 151972

Thanks for the perspective. I grew up "in the sticks" as we say here, though I have lived in suburbia all of my adult life. Pros and cons to each.

I have to say that our across the street neighbor accidentally shot himself cleaning his gun last year (non-fatal injury) and we had no idea until the ambulance came. He was inside his house and not even 100 yards away from mine. This shocked me when it happened because it was a hunting rifle and I grew up hearing shots like that during hunting season and occasionally at night. A shot like that outside has a distinctive sound that is different from the pop-pop of a handgun. I am wondering if the gunshots that were heard were being fired outside at the front door or just inside the opened front door and how any fired inside the house might have been muffled or not heard at all.

The chair can be seen around the :33 mark. It appears to me that there is a tie or something on the front of the chair. Every chair cushion I've ever owned ties only in the back. But who really knows what I'm seeing. I have horrible eyesight.
There appears to be only one tie on the front. I wonder if it's some sort of evidence tag. I agree with you in that I've never seen chair pad ties being in the front of the chair. I still don't see any blood/red on any of the rungs though but the video is quick-moving and when I pause it there is still the blurb at the bottom of the screen and I can't see all of the rungs.

The quote suggested the call came from a phone registered to the mother, however it is quite possible that Jayme's phone was also registered in the mothers name, so it doesn't tell us much.
I believe the article said, "voicemail indicated the phone was listed to Denise Closs". Very strange wording and we could debate what it really means all day and never know.
here is a link to the video
CBS This Morning on Twitter
Thanks, but the screenshots that others have posted is where I saw what I thought was blood. If you are able to find one of those, I'm sure rocket would be very grateful! :)

This case reminds me of the Cheshire, Connecticut home invasion in 2007. I wonder if the perp or perps saw Jayme at the grocery store that day just like the Cheshire perp followed the mother and daughter home. Perhaps he waited and watched until everyone went to bed and then attacked.

Someone suggested this earlier and even speculated that an ATV traveled the railroad tracks as the get-away path.

I thought this discussion was interesting not only because of the tracks, but also because of the access roads to the actual tracks. There is also a power line running through there. Anyone who has lived in a rural area knows that there is easy access travel along a power line, especially if you have an ATV.

Do you think the reason no reward has been offered is to keep the calls that have important tips going so that the "crazies" do not try to clog th eline with bogus spottings of her? I hope I am saying that right

For what it's worth, and admittedly, it's not worth much...while doing a street view drive, I noticed an ATV parked out in front of one of the neighbors houses, and it did give me a moment's pause. I'd never even considered an ATV until I saw that. Not saying it's a serious consideration to me now, mind you , but I did pause when I saw it.

Hmm. That is an interesting idea... an ATV down the tracks.... Would they have to go into neighbors' yards to get to the tracks or is it a straight shot? Would anyone hear them? It would lend itself to being someone local as well. Interesting idea, Mountain_Kat.

Dunno if this has already been noted in one or more of the other half a dozen threads, and not implying anything or casting aspersions toward the Somali community by posting this; just found it interesting and, hopefully, a good thing that Barron is 1/4th Somali and many of the recent Somali immigrants to Barron work at the Jennie-O plant:

"Evidence is seemingly everywhere of the influx of refugees from war-torn Somalia who first arrived in Barron in the late 1990s in search of work at the city’s Jennie-O Turkey Store plant, the largest employer in Barron County. The immigration wave began slowly — 20 Somalis made up less than 1 percent of Barron’s population in 2000 — but has accelerated to the point that the city now is home to an estimated 800 Somalis, who account for nearly a quarter of all residents."

Somali refugees, Barron community work to bridge cultural divide, overcome language barrier

If you look at the arrest reports for Barron and Rice Lake, you will not see any Somali. Maybe one.

MOO It's not reasonable to assume that the neighbors report of being 'still awake' means they were quietly listening to crickets. Coming home late they may have been discussing the next day or showering, watching the news or doing any of the things that people do when they get home late and get ready for bed. My point is that they may have been making their own noise. Even if they had been able to hear through the trees, etc they may not have b/c of their own noise. I don't think anything can be taken from their statements except that what they did hear, they heard at 12:31.

Cameron School District and Barron School District are two different school districts in two different cities.

I’m going to put this here again... Cameron School District - Comet Club

Barron does not have an equivalent of this program that I could find.

Also, remember that Jayme is in dance, and I believe her dance studio is in Rice Lake; a 13 year old could not walk there, it’s too far away.

This “caregiver” was probably a ride-giver and anything more. Super, super common in rural Northwestern Wisconsin. I had one growing up. I lived 10+ miles from my school, and my childhood home was in the school district. My parents both worked shift work. I do not have special needs. I’ll leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring