AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that while going through videos last night.

The whole scene just triggers my brain to jump to a violent home invasion scenario, with the Dad coming home and catching the suspects by surprise. But then, so many things just don't add up. If this were a home invasion case, why wasn't Jayme killed as well ? You already have 2 victims...what's one more ? Also, the family didn't appear well off to me, and I can't find any criminal history that might indicate the parents sold or even used drugs. If Jayme was the target, why all this violence ? You don't kill 2 people to take a kid, and you don't hang around after you have her.

My gut just screams that this was a home invasion and that we're all missing an important piece of the puzzle...but who knows ?

All I can think about is that the perp was there for Jayme but had psychological reasons for wanting to kill the parents and not just grabbing a child when the child's alone.

For instance, if the perp feels/imagines that they're fighting with the parents for contact with Jayme they might develop enough loathing to feel they had to kill the parents and take Jayme.

From reading one of the other prior cases of a perp killing family members and abducting a child(ren) from the home, it made me wonder if the perp has a psychological need that the parents have to be killed in order for the perp to wholly 'own' the child they abduct. I think there could be several reasons for that kind of warped thinking, it could be about possession, or it could be about wanting to steal what the family has, or it could be about needing to destroy the parents and take their place in some way.

I guess the only hope from either of these scenarios is that such a perp might be more likely to keep Jayme alive. But I hate to think what she might be going through :(

Which brings up another head-scratcher for me. The neighbor who heard the gunshots reported that the family moved into their home about 7 years ago ( she was estimating). So Jayme would have had this same caretaker since she was 6 . We know that the family moved in order to be closer to this caretaker. Am I the only one who finds that highly unusual ? To pack up and move your entire family, change your kids school and everything in order to follow a caregiver ? I don't have children, so I don't have a wealth of experience to draw on here, but I can't imagine doing all that to follow a caregiver, unless maybe it was a family member.

They bought the house in 2001. The caregiver moved so Jayme changed schools

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

I've been thinking about different scenarios and I agree that it's highly unlikely that she was taken to be trafficked. But what if she was already being sold/used which has led to this horrific end? Again, I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just trying to make the details fit together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching up but got this thought and jumped to post. 1. Odd timing request for 100 novice volunteer searchers who must bring their ID, (not their proof of 20/20 vision-) . Could the search have been set up to catch the perp returning to scene of crime to "get" what might have gotten thrown out of getaway car or look for what was later found missing? And search set up to trap volunteer ? But a strange request on such an important issue when 100 agents around and it's their job. Tie this in with the strange "Community only" meeting last night. They sure seem to want the locals front and center--twice now--- maybe to look for cuts, bruises etc? Or who don't show up?

What I find strange about this is that Riverview Middle School is actually much closer to the Closs home than Cameron Middle School.

I entered the school addresses and the home address into google maps; I'm not sure if this link will work:
Google Maps

Why wasn't Jayme originally enrolled in the school that was 2 miles from her house?
I'm guessing because of proximity to the caretaker.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here coming out of hiding. I’m just following along and I have so many thoughts about this case. Honestly I have no idea though. So many thoughts that sway in all different directions! I hope LE gets to the bottom of this.
I do have one question though, I read something yesterday and I can’t find the article now. It said who’s phone called 911.
Do we know for sure who’s phone placed the 911 call?

Did anyone ever nail down about how far apart they actually are? I have seen some estimates of about 500 yards.

The closest neighbor is ~250 yards away. There are 2 others ~300 yards away and some more around 400 yards. I don't know which of these are the ones that heard the gunshots, but whoever did was no closer than ~250 yards

I'm just measuring straight line distance on Google Maps

map.JPG

How they left is a mystery to me, too. Either they drove and fled by car or they left by foot. If they drove, where were they parked? If they were there before James came home, would he have seen their car? Would he have thought it was a familiar car and, as a result, not thought anything of it? Or, if it was unfamiliar, why did he not call 911 immediately? If they drove and went the direction opposite of the police station - either a lucky move or someone who knew the area well enough to guess which direction the police would be coming from. I am curious whether James was found in a direction that would indicate whether he was coming into the house or walking towards the door from inside. It would help piece together the night a little more... at least for me.

If they left by foot, where could they have gone and possibly hidden so well to not be found? And how could they drag a 13 year old girl with them that wouldn't slow them down?
For what it's worth, and admittedly, it's not worth much...while doing a street view drive, I noticed an ATV parked out in front of one of the neighbors houses, and it did give me a moment's pause. I'd never even considered an ATV until I saw that. Not saying it's a serious consideration to me now, mind you , but I did pause when I saw it.

I agree, which to me, says the two shots the neighbor heard were not the only two shots. Time of death would be incredibly helpful!

RBBM

Didn't the neighbor say (in one of her any interviews) they arrived home rather late (11:30?), and that's why they were still awake when they heard the shots? Assuming I've remembered that correctly, I've thought there may have been additional shots before the neighbors arrived got home. And the two shots they heard were made when the perp(s) was(were) leaving. Admittedly, I've also read that they were awoken by the shots, so who really knows...

Dear Members,

In no way will we allow ANYONE to suggest that a minority group, a gang, the Nazi's or a coven of witches are the ones who killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her.

If anyone hints, talks around or in anyway suggests a group is responsible for this horrible crime that person will be gone from the discussion. Same thing if you mention anyone as a suspect without evidence.

If any reliable information comes out about the suspect or suspects then, of course, we can discuss the new information.

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. We know teenagers can be very difficult, however, there is no evidence to suggest Jayme is anything but a victim.

If your post starts with "Me", "My", "I" it very well could be off topic.

We have the best sleuths in the world on Websleuths. We need to keep on topic to make sure the topics are easy to read. When a post is made about anything that is not directly related to the topics it makes the thread harder to read and way off topic.

The work the mods are having to do on this thread alone is overwhelming.

The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tricia

bbm

B U M P I N G

For what it's worth, and admittedly, it's not worth much...while doing a street view drive, I noticed an ATV parked out in front of one of the neighbors houses, and it did give me a moment's pause. I'd never even considered an ATV until I saw that. Not saying it's a serious consideration to me now, mind you , but I did pause when I saw it.
Someone suggested this earlier and even speculated that an ATV traveled the railroad tracks as the get-away path.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here coming out of hiding. I’m just following along and I have so many thoughts about this case. Honestly I have no idea though. So many thoughts that sway in all different directions! I hope LE gets to the bottom of this.
I do have one question though, I read something yesterday and I can’t find the article now. It said who’s phone called 911.
Do we know for sure who’s phone placed the 911 call?
Welcome and No, we do not know, on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist