AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing. How did LE know that Jayme was missing or just staying at a friend's or relative's house? Maybe the latest non-reputable website posted is correct in that they know it was Jayme that yelled for help.

I agree that things do get lost in translation with these fluid and obviously traumatic situations but I do think the word "attempt" shouldn't be dismissed. If I saw someone that I immediately thought was a suicide I would think initially you'd say suicide and then upon further inspection find the person to still be alive it would change to suicide attempt and not the other way around. As in, you wouldn't see someone with a GSW to the head and think "oh they're probably still alive" so I'd think it would have to be obvious that they were still alive in order for someone to use the word "attempt". Sorry if this is totally confusing...just something I will definitely be keeping in the back of my mind as this case unfolds more.

Agreed. And if Dad had Mom's phone? Might have made the call?

Sheriff's plea for those who knew the parents confirms what I have suspected in my gut....this is not Jayme-driven. I think if there was a social media trail, they would know by now. Asking for those who know the parents to speak up says they have moved on to wider investigation and that Jayme might have been collateral damage. I hope not because I want her to be alive out there. But I feel like LE has not discovered anything helpful yet or they are playing this VERY close to the vest.

That was very helpful! And answered some of our questions. Seems like dad was answering the door after all. I wonder why they initially suspected suicide. Seems to rule out a shotgun, I'd think?
Keep in mind, an officer’s initial impression can be way off until they figure out what they’re dealing with. The first part of this log reflects the first impressions of 3 officers as they arrive at the house. All seeing essentially the same thing and trying to translate what they see into words.

329 sees an apparent suicide. He’s looking at the body which I suspect looks like a self inflicted gunshot wound. He knows there was a 911 call, but as he sees nobody other than a dead body, believing he’s looking at a suicide makes sense.

325 notes “multiple rounds spent.” His initial impression could have been suicide as well, but the first thing he’s going to do is find the weapon and secure it. Finding multiple rounds spent and no weapon visible is going to change his perception and open the possibility of something other than suicide.

317 would have heard both 329 and 325 access what they’re seeing. He knows there are multiple rounds spent so his mind has got to be asking who else is/was here. His impression that the door had been kicked in is his initial impression only based on the evidence of forced entry that he sees. Likewise, his statement that the male down had answered the door is only his initial impression of what he’s seeing right then.

I’m not going to read too much into this. It’s essentially a raw and unfiltered account of what the first people on the scene encountered.

Log cites call attempt to landline number at residence was "disconnected." This would be a recorded message when number no longer active. If perp cut the "active" phone line to residence, caller would only hear ringing with no answer or direct to voicemail. MOO
Or if the phone was taken off the hook? Would that be considered "disconnected"?

What if father was the one kicking in the door? Maybe there were multiple perps inside before he arrived home from work. Harming, torturing Jayme and Denise, if they could be heard screaming for help, father would want to get inside as quickly as possible. He is shot as he bursts through door. Possible?

What if the father is the one who called 911? We don't know who called 911. We assume was the mother. Might not have been. Might have been the dad. Jayme... hell it could have been more than one person involved in the murder of the parents....

You'd be SHOCKED by and amateur sleuths. No disrespect, but people are sometimes curious others hold unhealthy levels of morbid curiosity.
Not mentioned as <modsnip - names>. Nicknames? Code? Guessing LE or rescue some sort?

Last edited by a moderator:
Or if the phone was taken off the hook? Would that be considered "disconnected"?
Thought same. If our landline is off the hook though, caller gets voice mail. If phone is truly disabled, I’ve heard messages like “This number is no longer in service.”

Here's the thing. How did LE know that Jayme was missing or just staying at a friend's or relative's house? Maybe the latest non-reputable website posted is correct in that they know it was Jayme that yelled for help.

There's also the possibility that the 911 operator heard Jayme calling out to her parents. Mom! Dad! That would tell them a child was in the home. JMO

Cheyenne/JLR - members of LE or ambulance or fire department that weren't needed? If not, then those two were very well known in order to be called by their first name/initials.

Eh, in my experience rural people often drive by scenes where cops or ambulances are. It's just nosiness and they likely had no idea people had actually been killed.
It's likely they are locals who have a scanner and heard calls come through. There is a local facebook group for my county in WI that does this very thing.
Because its a small town, LE linkely knows the vehicle/driver/

I interpret this to probably mean they used to have an active landline number at this residence but no longer do. That’s real common living rurally where a landline had been necessary for an internet connection until fairly recently.

Cheyenne/JLR - members of LE or ambulance or fire department that weren't needed? If not, then those two were very well known in order to be called by their first name/initials.

They were driving around multiple times. This doesn't sound like EMT/FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member