AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 278
  • Start date Start date
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a woman in the Barron County jail roster with charges for THC possession, paraphernalia, meth possession, and a probation violation with an address on the same street as the Closs's (from the CCAP website for previous charges). That must have been the "serious unrelated criminal activity" that the sheriff was referring to.
I guess it’s possible two unrelated crimes could occur on the same street, on the same night, in a small town, but that is very odd to me.

This person thought they’d be able to gain entrance by simply knocking? Had this been someone after just Jayme, they could have went through a window or something. Not knock at the front door & make their presance known. Maybe they were trying to draw one of the parents outside? And when they realized that parent wasn’t coming out, they forced their way in? MOO

Joe Duncan serial pedophile and mass murderer came in through a slider. He already knew 5 people were inside the home plus 2 inside large pitbulls.

He didn't care. He came to murder three so he could take Shasta who was 8 at the time... along with her 11 year old brother Dylan. He said the large dogs just whimpered and hid under the dining table throughout.

Imo this murderer also knew who all was inside his targeted home before entry. Imo he didn't care either. He was going to kill everyone so he wouldnt have any obstacles stopping him when he took Jayme.

JED drove hundreds of miles from Washington state. When he got off the main road in a rural area in Idaho is when he spotted Dylan and Shasta in their swimsuits playing under a water sprinkler in their front yard. After carefully casing out the family home he invaded it 3 days later.

I mention this case because it shows pedophiles will go to great lengths and planning in order to take their next defenseless young unsuspecting victims. They are always cruising areas looking for their next target.

This also could mean the one who murdered Jaymes parents and took her could be from anywhere even another state.

LE at the time had no clue JED was an absconded level 3 sex offender from another state. In fact when he returned Shasta 7 weeks later after murdering Dylan they had never even heard of him. He had to tell them who he was.

Imo

Last edited:
Do we know where her closest bus stop is?

I hope the bus drivers have been looked into simply as a matter of routine investigation.

Wasn’t Ariel Castro a school bus driver?

I grew up in a very rural northern Wisconsin town. I can almost guarantee that her bus stop was the end of her driveway. There just aren't enough kids to justify a multi-family stop. I'm sure they will look at the bus driver, along with anyone else that had contact with the home/family, but there is nothing suspicious about the bus dropping her off.

Great catch. Here's a reference to the dog from the log:

911 logs from night of homicide in Barron County, call made from Denise’s phone
[108 – 10/15/2018 12:15:13] 309 HAS A DOG FROM THE RESIDENCE AND IS ENROUTE TO THE OFFICE..

[106 – 10/15/2018 12:35:46] 309 ADVISED DOG WAS LEFT WITH FAMILY AT RESIDENCE ON 17TH ST…
Poor dog. Mine would be frantic if someone took one of our chickens, let alone a kid. I wonder if it was crated at night, because my mutt would have been shot trying to stop all of this.

Don't know, but it wasn't until almost an 2 1/2 hours into the call that we get.

Nothing about Jayme prior to that.

I would think they would immediately call next of kin and try to figure out where she was. If say an aunt or other close family member told LE definitively they knew JC was home because she is never allowed to have sleepovers during the week, they could quickly (within the 2 1/2 hours) determine she is missing and likely abducted.

The call log did say the brother of the victim called LE early in the morning too.

I guess it’s possible two unrelated crimes could occur on the same street, on the same night, in a small town, but that is very odd to me.

This isn't that suspicious to me. I bet the cops have knocked on every door in this tiny town in the last few days. It would be surprising to me if they *didnt* come across a few other crimes in the process.

I can see this happening (shootings) with gambling debts (as a what if case). What I don't understand at all, with this scenario, is WHY take little Jayme?
Maybe they did not know a child was there. Once they seen Jayme they could not kill her, she was a child. She may have seen them and that is why they took her and are now trying to figure out what to do next.

Have we outlined/ followed the layout/route of the train tracks?

From Google StreetView, those tracks appear to be grown up like they're not in use.

EDIT: I went futher down the tracks and found large rocks actually sitting on the tracks. I assume to keep vehicles from driving down the tracks. So, they do seem to be out of service now.

Joe Duncan serial pedophile and mass murderer came in through a slider. He already knew 5 people were inside the home plus 2 inside large pitbulls.

He didn't care. He came to murder three so he could take Shasta who was 8 st the time... along with her 11 years old brother Dylan. He said the large dogs just whimpered and hid under the dining table throughout.

Imo this murderer also knew who all was inside his targeted home before entry. Imo he didn't care either. He was going to kill everyone so he wouldnt have any obstacles stopping him when he took Jayme.

JED drove hundreds of miles from Washington state. When he got off the main road in a rural area in Idaho is when he spotted Dylan and Shasta in their swimsuits playing under a water sprinkler in their front yard. After carefully casing out the family home he invaded it 3 days later.

I mention this case because it shows pedophiles will go to great lengths and planning in order to take their next defenseless young unsuspecting victims. They are always cruising areas looking for their next target.

This also could mean the one who murdered Jaymes parents and took her could be from anywhere even another state.

LE at the time had no clue JED was an absconded level 3 sex offender from another state. In fact when he returned Shasta 7 weeks later they had never even heard of him. He had to tell them who he was.

Imo

I can't stop thinking about JED here, too. It's so similar. His type of experienced organized predator could have been plotting what he would do for years while finding a victim family.

I am hoping it is literally anything but a JED situation.

Don't know, but it wasn't until almost an 2 1/2 hours into the call that we get.

Nothing about Jayme prior to that.

Would LEO's contacted next of kin that quickly, as stated, small town. Someone asks is Jayme okay? That makes the LE take a closer look around for evidence that she was there.

I can see this happening (shootings) with gambling debts (as a what if case). What I don't understand at all, with this scenario, is WHY take little Jayme?

This case reminds me of the Ashley Freeman, Lauria Bible case out of Oklahoma. The parents were killed and the teenage girls disappeared. It was later determined that the parents were killed due to a disagreement over drugs and the girls were taken and later killed for "fun."

Good point.

I'm guessing its Jayme they heard on the 911 call in the background, and I'm also betting they confirmed this with family. Clearly they knew where to drop off the dog. So either they knew because it was a kid's voice, or b/c the family heard the call and was able to identify her voice. But clearly that poor kid was home at the time when her parents were killed.

Have we outlined/ followed the layout/route of the train tracks?
The railroad that owns and operates the tracks
Wisconsin Northern Railroad - Wikipedia

The tracks only operate west to Almena where there is a sand mining operation (the sand is used as part of natural gas fracking). If you Google Satellite your way along the tracks you will see all the rail cars and multiple rails to the right of the sand facility. The wikipedia article describes the rest of the routes East.

It doesn't make sense to me either. With the AMBER alert situation, why would anyone who was not interested in abducting a child take the enormous risk of abducting a child to further some unrelated crime? It puts a target on your back and motivates not only local LE but the FBI, resources like NCMEC, and citizens across the country to track you down and find you.

IMO it is riskier to have a child with you than leave the child to give some vague description of your face. Eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

I noticed that while going through videos last night.

The whole scene just triggers my brain to jump to a violent home invasion scenario, with the Dad coming home and catching the suspects by surprise. But then, so many things just don't add up. If this were a home invasion case, why wasn't Jayme killed as well ? You already have 2 victims...what's one more ? Also, the family didn't appear well off to me, and I can't find any criminal history that might indicate the parents sold or even used drugs. If Jayme was the target, why all this violence ? You don't kill 2 people to take a kid, and you don't hang around after you have her.

My gut just screams that this was a home invasion and that we're all missing an important piece of the puzzle...but who knows ?

“My gut just screams that this was a home invasion and that we're all missing an important piece of the puzzle...but who knows ?”

This reminds me of Abby’s and Libby’s case.

(“Even though no arrests have been made, Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece."“

Delphi murders: Here's what we know a year after the slayings of Abby and Libby )

Holy batman there is quite a bit of detail in here.

1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.

1:04 329 REQUESTED TO HAVE EMS STAGE. PAGED EMS FOR AN APPARENT SUICIDE.

[118 - 10/15/2018 01:04:17] 325 ADVISED ONE MALE DOWN, MULTIPLE ROUNDS SPENT. REQUESTED THAT ADMIN BE NOTIFIED.

[115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.

[115 - 10/15/2018 02:00:59] 325 ADVISED ___ AND ___ WERE ASKED TO LEAVE AS THEY WERE DRIVING BY MULTIPLE TIMES.

It doesn't make sense to me either. With the AMBER alert situation, why would anyone who was not interested in abducting a child take the enormous risk of abducting a child to further some unrelated crime? It puts a target on your back and motivates not only local LE but the FBI, resources like NCMEC, and citizens across the country to track you down and find you.

IMO it is riskier to have a child with you than leave the child to give some vague description of your face. Eye witness testimony is notoriously unreliable.
this is why I believe Jayme was the target.

Not if you are known to the child who can accurately identify you.

From Google StreetView, those tracks appear to be grown up like they're not in use.

EDIT: I went futher down the tracks and found large rocks actually sitting on the tracks. I assume to keep vehicles from driving down the tracks. So, they do seem to be out of service now.
Those Street View images are old. The trackage and right of way was refurbished to provide service to a sand mining facility in Almena.

Wisconsin Northern Railroad - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member