AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI Atlanta now asking people to be on the lookout...this seems significant? The article says they don't have any specific info about the search for her in GA ...but her case has already been made nationwide, so why would the FBI say this now? i don't know, this just seems kind of peculiar.

Jayme Closs: FBI Atlanta now asking people in Georgia to be on lookout for missing Wisconsin teen

Maybe all FBI offices have done this and it just happens that Atlanta hit the news?

Thread 2 is full of pictures of LE carrying off the fully in-tact storm door with pumpkin decorations on it. It was not shot in. If that door was shot with a shotgun the glass would have shattered. It did not shatter. It was in tact, with a pumpkin decoration on the front. The handle was intact.

And that was that!

FBI Atlanta now asking people to be on the lookout...this seems significant? The article says they don't have any specific info about the search for her in GA ...but her case has already been made nationwide, so why would the FBI say this now? i don't know, this just seems kind of peculiar.

Jayme Closs: FBI Atlanta now asking people in Georgia to be on lookout for missing Wisconsin teen

I think this is part of a nationwide effort by the FBI to find JC. Glad to see them coordinating this across the country.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/national/...-in-finding-missing-wisconsin-girl/1534041188
The FBI is asking for the public's help in finding a missing 13-year-old Wisconsin girl whose parents were found shot to death Monday at their Wisconsin home. Jayme Closs could be anywhere in the country according to the FBI.

Digital billboards will be launched across the United States on Thursday with her photo in hopes someone will have seen the girl and will report what they know to authorities.

I agree with you, MsBetsy. My instinct says that one of the parents called 911, not Jayme.

Re: the blinds. The fact that they were partially open and not shut all the way makes me think that it wasn't a situation where they were tortured for hours beforehand. If there was something more going on in that house, don't you think the first instinct would be to close the windows/curtains/shades so that no one can see inside? The fact that they weren't suggests, to me, at least, that it wasn't the case.

FBI Offices around the country have been tweeting and posting about her. On the last thread someone shared posts from the Seattle office and Oklahoma City office. I wouldn't take any special meaning to the Atlanta office having put things out.

I think family might have been asked to see if anything was missing from the house that could help explain who was in there and why (were valuables missing? anything obvious?) and the family spoke out of line relaying what they thought the scene looked like.

LE has said not to take anything as truth unless it is released from the podium and they did not say how the house was entered or if a door was shot. I'm gonna go with what LE said and my own lyin' eyes that saw them remove a glass storm door that was not shot in ;)

This has been my opinion exactly, just because a family member said it, doesn't mean it is correct. Not to say anyone would purposely lie or course but one persons interpretation of something they've seen can differ hugely from another, add in stress, lack of sleep, misunderstanding of information, over imagination, a little bit of subconscious speculation, brain to mouth fart (of which I am a master ) ......... etc, etc

Just heard the same here in Phoenix AZ. They just said FBI wants to get the info out, not necessarily implying she could be here in Arizona.

I agree with you, MsBetsy. My instinct says that one of the parents called 911, not Jayme.

Re: the blinds. The fact that they were partially open and not shut all the way makes me think that it wasn't a situation where they were tortured for hours beforehand. If there was something more going on in that house, don't you think the first instinct would be to close the windows/curtains/shades so that no one can see inside? The fact that they weren't suggests, to me, at least, that it wasn't the case.

Werent they out in the country? How close is nearest neighbour? if no one is in seeing distance, might not prioritize that

I don't know if the door is going to end up being that significant, but since it has been in the narrative to this point:
Storm doors have a sliding lock at the top of the door, usually. It's extremely easy for me, at 5'6'' tall and not at all mechanically inclined, to open a storm door for the purpose of getting groceries in or the dogs, and while it's open, slide the lock piece over to the other side of the door near the top of the door.
We had them in our former residence. I did not want them here because they can close very fast when you're releasing the lock at the top of the closing mechanism.

The door is very significant, imo . Apart from whatever physical evidence it might yeild, it also helps us get an understanding of whether the murderer(s) were known to the victims, and whether or not violence was the intent from the start. In other words, I might be considering some kind of family situation that got out of control, but evidence that shows that a door was kicked in or shot in, might lead me to a very different conclusion.

JMO

Werent they out in the country? How close is nearest neighbour? if no one is in seeing distance, might not prioritize that
i believe the neighbors who heard the shots live 300 feet away. there was a discussion earlier about perspective and i agree - to me, a city rat, 300 feet makes a house pretty isolated haha. but in terms of being rural, their house really wasn't very isolated at all.

Has anyone started to look at the other neighbors and property owners as well as their backgrounds? I at first believed and somewhat still do, that it was someone who knows that family, that house but am starting to think otherwise as time goes by.

Hmm. Perhaps.

Maybe it's possible that the perp was in the house, had apprehended Jayme's mom (re: dining room chair that was taken) and that the dad walked in after work to find his wife tied to a chair? It could explain how her father could have been shot near the front door (possibly damaging the front door, though from the opposite direction) and how both could have been shot in quick succession.

Doesn't really explain that gap of time b/w shots + when 911 was called nor why someone would hang around a crime scene for over 20 minutes before running off with someone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this occurred on a Monday morning, didn't it ( sometime shortly after midnight ) ? And on Sunday evening, Jayme and her mother attended a birthday party...the father not attending because he was a work ? Is all that correct ?

So I am curious for you guys thoughts on this as it was something I thought of today after seeing the discussion in the last thread about the time gap between shots being fired at 12:30AM and the phone call to 911 not being made until 30 minutes later (or however long it was).

I hate to insinuate this but do you think its possible that whoever took Jayme that they sexually assaulted her in that time frame(I hate saying it but there would have been time to get it over with) right in the home and then she tried to call 911 after and then possibly the struggle over the phone happened & the perp took her? If this happened it could be another reason that LE are certain she was in the home because I'd think if it happened on her bed they'd be able to tell.

I agree with everyone its odd there was that much of a time frame. I was just trying to rack my brain about why the perp would be in the home that long and that came into mind. IDK about this being correct though cause at the same time they might get DNA or something.

Posted in the previous thread, but also posting it here because it shows the front door prior to the plywood being placed over it.

With the raw wood, it looks kicked in, not shot in, JMO.

I felt sad to see the little decorations by the door. The butterfly, star and wreath and windchimes. Where is Jayme? The leaves are so pretty, but the situation is so sad.

From the neighbor's statement to Banfield we've learned that they came home around 11:30. What we don't know is if the killer was already in the Closs' home by then. So IMO it's possible that Jayme's parents were tied up or otherwise disabled already. The shots heard may have been the final "kill shots" - sorry to be so graphic. IOW there may be a gap in the timeline.

CNN.com - Transcripts
Like others here I believe LE knows way more than we think. I hope that means Jayme will be located soon. MOO.

Thanks for that transcript!

I found out that the neighbor was interviewed today (10/18) on the situation by WTMJ, which is newer than the Banfield interview in case additional details clarifying etc. :

The Jayme Closs story: What neighbors heard

It seems that no progress is being made, either by our humble team or by those who really matter. Wide-open country, lots of places to hide. I'm pessimistic.

It is the proverbial, "Needle in a Haystack", especially if this is a random stranger kidnapping. We can look at the situation of the three women who were held captive for years in Ohio, law enforcement really had nothing to start with...
Ariel Castro kidnappings - Wikipedia

And those women were held captive for over a decade.

I truly believe that many young women who are "missing", are actually being held captive. I believe that it is more likely than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home