AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all reports I have seen, I have never heard that. It's been stated the same in every news article, so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Jmo
A link to a radio interview done today was provided. Did you listen to it? As people have said she obviously misspoke since you can hear her nervousness.

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it have been removed> nothing makes sense (sex offender, meth addict, burglary gone wrong, vendetta). it's a two-part equation that doesn't equal itself. rage against two adults, interest in a minor. i just don't see a disgruntled boyfriend. i've been wrong before...i simply don't see any "motive" here other than two strangely quiet adults and an only child that was shifted around at a crucial pubescent stage. occam's razor doesn't seem to apply unless i'm not seeing something? thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a rural/suburb in Wisconsin and they don’t allow elementary kids to walk to school. Everyone takes the bus. The middle/high school kids are allowed to walk but everyone is assigned a bus stop no matter how close you live. There are no sidewalks, it isn’t very safe.

Did anyone else notice the window blinds? It looked like they were slightly raised or missing slats, etc., and kind of torn up. Something you might see if they had a cat, etc. Then again, could the blinds have been messed up during a scuffle or might they just have been old blinds?

possible.

The family was described as both "reclusive" as well as "active in their community" though I guess both terms are relative/dependent on each different person's idea of what active or reclusive are.
And not necessarily mutually exclusive. Folks can participate in school, community and family events without getting chummy socially with the neighbors and other parents.

In this newer phone interview, the neighbor said she looked at the clock and it said 2:38 (she said her clock is off 7 minutes, so it was actually 2:31).

Am I hearing this correctly? I thought the shots were fired much earlier? I listened twice and heard the same time.
It seems quite clear she misspoke and meant to say 12 instead of 2 because as we all know police were all there since 1:00am. So there would be no gunshots to be heard after 1:00 am.

SMREKAR: They were very quiet people. We only saw them come and go from their home. We took mail up to them that got delivered to us, and they didn`t even want to come to the door. They were just quiet, preferred I guess to be alone. You didn`t see them out in the yard doing anything. At least we didn`t.

BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

CNN.com - Transcripts

thoughts???

It is possible they just weren’t friendly with these particular neighbors. Others in town have said they were active in the community and seemed to know them well. It also stuck me as odd that the neighbors said they didn’t know they had children but also saw a child get off the bus every day. Who did they think she was? Anyway, I don’t necessarily think there is much negative connotation to draw from their lack of a relationship with the people next door. Jmo.

Alright, well, I was waiting before posting this to see if the search today yielded any results and it doesn't seem that it did unfortunately. I've been making notes on the side of similarities to Abby & Libby's case. It's obviously not exactly same but here's what has stood out to me:

- Abby was 13, Jayme is 13 - these girls resemble each other in looks and build and innocent aura
- Delphi has a hog plant nearby, Barron has a turkey processor
- Both seem to have nearby highways but are small, rural towns in the MidWest
- Both locations have a nearby cemetery
- Both locations have a nearby railroad track
- Both locations have nearby truck stops
- Both crimes took place in a relatively short/fast period of time
- Others (may have) been killed in an effort to acquire the target victim (Libby / Jayme's parents)
- Billboards utilized quickly in both cases, lots of media attention early on
- Similar statements in PCs
- AND bonus, if you add in Evansdale, IA it makes a triangle between the 3 locations

All speculation and JMO and sorry, delete if not allowed, but... isn't that a lot??

In all reports I have seen, I have never heard that. It's been stated the same in every news article, so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Jmo

Listen to the following radio report (scroll down to WTMJ EXTRA) with this neighbor and she very clearly states 2:38 minus 7 minutes for fast clock. I believe she is just nervous, however. But, she states 2:38. Please listen.

Forgot link...duh

The Jayme Closs story: What neighbors heard

Last edited:
A
The family was described as both "reclusive" as well as "active in their community" though I guess both terms are relative/dependent on each different person's idea of what active or reclusive are.
Also, Jayme is described as being shy, which can be a hereditary trait. Maybe the whole family was on the shy or quiet side. Jmo

Hi lex and others who have raised this question, it is okay to discuss and link to general RSO information related to the area, but please do not name individual RSOs unless LE or MSM does.
Bumping my guidance from thread #2. I understand these threads are moving quickly and some may have missed this. DO NOT name specific RSOs who have not been named by LE/MSM in relation to this case. TOs will be issued if these types of posts continue. Thank you.

It is possible they just weren’t friendly with these particular neighbors. Others in town have said they were active in the community and seemed to know them well. It also stuck me as odd that the neighbors said they didn’t know they had children but also saw a child get off the bus every day. Who did they think she was? Anyway, I don’t necessarily think there is much negative connotation to draw from their lack of a relationship with the people next door. Jmo.
I agree there we can't assume anything negative just because the neighbors didn't know each other well....but we can conclude that there weren't a lot of people coming and going from the house. That's at least SOME information.

jmo

I gave up on trying to read every post and catch up, so sorry if this has been mentioned. Is there any chance that the father was returning home from work or somewhere else and was shot as he was opening the door? That could account for both his death and the damage to the door if it was a shotgun. I have such good memories of that town, it's really hard to believe something like this could ever happen there (I know, how many times have we heard that?) For a long time Jerome Foods (Jennie-o's now) was just about the only place in the area worth working, and it seemed like almost everybody there had worked there at some point in their lives. Anyway, if the guy shot the father, pushed the door the rest of the way open, and saw the mother run to hide, he may have stepped/jumped across the father's body and shot her before she could get very far. It's possible that JC was already sleeping and woke up to the gun shots, but took a minute to figure out what it was. She may have stood in her doorway for a while trying to figure out was was going on, while the guy was looking around for something worth stealing (or something in particular that we don't know about.) She may have gone to where she could see one of the bodies or he may have spotted her there, and she ran to get a cell phone.

The only reason I can think of for him not shooting her is really far out there, but maybe he used a double barrel shotgun and didn't have more ammo on him. If she found a cell phone and hid under a bed or in a closet, etc. and called 911, the yelling heard could have been him trying to find her. If he was getting too close, she may have been afraid to talk in case he heard her and found out where she was. He may have found her anyway, grabbed her and took her with him, causing her to drop the phone at the house. My biggest problems with this whole idea is that I have no idea who he was, how he got there, how he got her away from there or what he might have been looking for. The only pro I've found for it is that it's something different from what I've already seen discussed.

All MOO

This is a slightly sensitive subject and I mean no offence to anyone but is it possible Jayme was a special needs child and that's why the family had a carer?

i've thought that since day one, and no offense taken. but it still doesn't explain the late-night rage vs late-night benevolence to the child. or maybe it does?

I agree there we can't assume anything negative just because the neighbors didn't know each other well....but we can conclude that there weren't a lot of people coming and going from the house. That's at least SOME information.

jmo
But what of definite value does that info give us? Genuine question, not being snarky at all.

i've thought that since day one, and no offense taken. but it still doesn't explain the late-night rage vs late-night benevolence to the child. or maybe it does?

I think it may be more along the lines that carer is a nanny. If both parents worked various shifts, it would make sense that they would have someone come be with their child late at night until a parent came home.

I have no idea if this holds any significance but it does seem like something LE would mention if she does have special needs, I'm really not sure. I can't even put my finger on why I get that feeling about Jayme but have since the first time I seen her pictures

But what of definite value does that info give us? Genuine question, not being snarky at all.
Well, we know it's unlikely a drug deal, for instance. Lots of people coming and going to a house can be a clue about that type of business.

I've followed cases of missing children from homes where people are in and out all the time or where friends regularly crash on the couch, etc. Or where estranged family members are fighting/stalking at the home. Etc. Perhaps you get the idea.

In this case, we don't have a list to check of people who might have been at the house. Nobody was expected to be at the house, ever, really.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member