AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I inartfully stated my point. You are right, there could be (and hopefully are) fingerprints. And I didn’t mean to state it as a fact, I was more wondering if there are any. Just surprised no sleuthers have mentioned that LE could have them, and they sure could be helpful.
Thanks for explaining! So often I miss new information!!

They could have been casing places throughout the night. All they would have to do is drive slowly. I don't think they would care if the residence had weapons or not. They would be fueled on adrenaline and bravado, looking for someone to murder/kidnap. Pure speculation.
They didn't live on the road, but down a long and wooded driveway. I don't think it was an easy place to case. JMO

Having said that, I do wonder how the perp arrived at the house. I'm wondering if he parked behind lot and walked. Driving into the driveway doesn't seem "sneaky,' but maybe he wasn't trying to be sneaky?

jmo

I apologize if this has been suggested already as I haven't had time to go back through all the threads, but... did Jayme go to dance recitals? Maybe some pervert saw her at a dance recital and developed a fixation, just a thought...
Honestly I don't think most perverts come in a home guns blazing, kill two parents and flee into the night with a young girl.
This was Horrendous and Violent.

They didn't live on the road, but down a long and wooded driveway. I don't think it was an easy place to case. JMO

Having said that, I do wonder how the perp arrived at the house. I'm wondering if he parked behind lot and walked. Driving into the driveway doesn't seem "sneaky,' but maybe he wasn't trying to be sneaky?

jmo
Yeah. There’s nothing “sneaky” about kicking in a door and opening fire.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the assailant(s) pulled right up that driveway.

The dad could've been the one who kicked in the door attempting to rescue his family?

Dad comes home, can't get in the house and maybe the dad doesn't normally carry a house key because many folks in small towns only lock their doors when they turn in for the night, if at all. (or they have a supplemental lock that wasn't normally locked).

Dad hears/sees the commotion emanating from inside the house and in a desperate bid to save his family kicks the door in and is shot in the doorway.

The dad could've also been summoned but if someone could make a phone call to the dad they'd call 911? Or maybe they don't call 911 if the source of the commotion is family/known to the family but they call the dad and say get here quick, we have a situation.

I'm leaning toward the dad stumbled on the scene of whatever was happening without prior knowledge, but we have precious few answers in this case.
I wondered about that too and I really wish we knew when he finished work. Also at what point the (landline) phone was disconnected.

Just pondering. 'Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m.'
A lot of places like where dad and mom work have a 4-12 shift. Could somebody from work have followed him home.
Seems like that timing would fit in nicely.

jmo

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about the driveway or obfuscation of house.

Does the caregiver have a new friend or associate who could have observed or met Jaymie?

Anyone recently hired to do renovations or repairs on their home? Cable installation, handy man type work?

Dear Members,

In no way will we allow ANYONE to suggest that a minority group, a gang, the Nazi's or a coven of witches are the ones who killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her.

If anyone hints, talks around or in anyway suggests a group is responsible for this horrible crime that person will be gone from the discussion. Same thing if you mention anyone as a suspect without evidence.

If any reliable information comes out about the suspect or suspects then, of course, we can discuss the new information.

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. We know teenagers can be very difficult, however, there is no evidence to suggest Jayme is anything but a victim.

If your post starts with "Me", "My", "I" it very well could be off topic.

We have the best sleuths in the world on Websleuths. We need to keep on topic to make sure the topics are easy to read. When a post is made about anything that is not directly related to the topics it makes the thread harder to read and way off topic.

The work the mods are having to do on this thread alone is overwhelming.

The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tricia

As a reminder,
Let’s please follow the rules so we can keep the thread open.
Thanks.

New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl (with clip)

October 19, 2018

"(CNN)A sheriff's department dispatch log reveals new information about the night that missing Wisconsin teenager Jayme Closs' parents were found dead -- including that a 911 call appeared to have come from her mother's cell phone, and that the door to the family's home had been kicked in....

A dispatch log that the Barron County Sheriff's Department released Friday offers a few new details from that night:

• The dispatcher "could hear a lot of yelling" during the 911 call.

• The call was "pinged" to the Closs' home. When the dispatcher called the number back, a voicemail greeting indicated that the phone belonged to Denise Closs.

• A responding officer found "the door has been kicked in."

• The family dog was there when deputies arrived, and was eventually taken to a relative's home.

The log does not indicate who made the 911 call, who was yelling or what was being yelled...."

Jayme Closs disappearance: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl - CNN

jayme-closs-missing-featured.800x600.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed.
And in the thread before this one... it was mentioned that LE are wanting people to come forward who knew the family and specifically what interactions/discussions there might have been.
That seems important to LE, and thus to this thread as well !

That is SOP in all cases involving murders.

They just began to ask these standard simple questions today many days after. I find that puzzling.

Imo

Jayme is a 13-year-old. Even if she left with the perp on her own it is considered an abduction.

13-year-old girls vary in maturity. Some begin dating older boys, some still play with barbies.

The question is where did Jayme fall on the puberty spectrum?

Pedophiles typically are attracted to girls who have not hit this life marker.

The gap in the neighbor's heard gunfire and the 911 call indicate some large argument was occurring. The question is with who??

A random stranger would not have gotten into or allowed a yelling match. This is a very strong indicator of the murder(s) is a known party.

The flow of events indicates a chaotic scene. So many variables could go wrong. A call within 4 minutes of police arrival indicates the events were occurring out of the control of the perp(s). Shows lack of experience and organization.

Even down to police/dispatch logs indicating James appeared to be answering the door. When he was ambushed. Robberies are typically day events. Abductions are not typically in the home. If someone knocked on the door it was because they possessed the belief the door would be answered and they would be given entry.

My conclusion is this involves a younger individual.

We also have Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
Barron County Case Number 2011CV000231 Capital One Bank USA NA vs. Denise J Closs

Civil Judgment(s)
Type Debtor name Multiple debtors Amount Satisfaction Judgment status Date
Judgment for money Closs, Denise J No $14,466.57 Full Full satisfaction 10-24-2011

Now $14,466.57 is a LOT of money for that family, I am SURE. I'm not saying that this has anything to do with the murders, it's just that someone here suggested that perhaps the family had come into money lately. I'd say that the reverse is probably true. Paying off that sum would be a stretch for the Closses.

Jayme Closs Now At Top Of FBI’s Missing Persons List (with clip)

October 19, 2018

"BARRON, Wis. (WCCO) — Signs outside and inside Barron City Hall express the feelings of everyone in Barron, Wisconsin. Five days have now passed and there’s still no sign of missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs.

She now has been placed at the top of the FBI’s missing persons list....

There was no media briefing on Friday from the Barron County Sheriff but people here have been told about resources from the Barron County Community Coalition, in case residents need to talk to someone about how this ordeal is making them feel.

Also on Friday, the Barron County Sheriff’s department released their log of the 911 call. It’s believed Jayme was inside the house when the call was made. The call was inaudible except for screaming in the background...."

Jayme Closs Now At Top Of FBI’s Missing Persons List
---

911 Call In Jayme Closs Case Came From Mom’s Cell Phone (with clip)

"...Below is the dispatch log accessed by CNN. Names and numbers have been redacted...."

911 Call In Jayme Closs Case Came From Mom’s Cell Phone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. I can't recall whether I posted it here or elsewhere, but I did mention the possibility that Jayme could have been troubled before this happened and the person who did this thought they were making things better for her.

I don’t want to say anything untoward, but that’s what I’m thinking. We know teenagers, they are dramatic. Say things they don’t mean, to people they don’t really know, online or in person .. sad situation. All will eventually be revealed. But random intruders, nah not even thinking that...

Last edited:
Something a perp could do to really muddy the waters: stage a suicide by Jayme after the fact. Especially if they staged it using the same weapon used to shoot both parents and that weapon traced back to belonging to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa