AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs was 'family angel'; 'no clue' who killed couple, relative says
A Closs family member who wishes to remain unidentified tells Fox News exclusively that relatives are shocked by the mysterious double murder of 56-year-old James Closs and 46-year-old Denise Closs and don’t have a clue why the Wisconsin couple were shot dead in their home.

“It’s a shock to the system,” the family member tells Fox News.

The relative says Denise Closs was very close to her relatives and has been described as “the family’s angel ... she would take vacation days if you needed help.”

The family member acknowledges the rampant rumors surrounding the double murder and 13-year-old Jayme's disappearance. Some people online and also folks in the Closses’ hometown of Barron, Wisconsin, have speculated that Jayme might have had a boyfriend or met someone who took advantage of her and killed her parents. To date, no member of law enforcement or anyone from the Closs family has indicated that Jayme had some type of boyfriend.

Coming to the front door in the middle of the night, armed with a weapon, and looking to fight, is very personal.

They wanted a confrontation , face to face. It is not 'burglar' type behavior.

Yeah, I almost wanted to ask if we know if any valuables are missing....but it really would make NO sense whatsoever for this to be a random burglary. It had to be a targeted attack to burst in with 2 adults and 1 teen in the home in rural Wisconsin.

When both parents work it is sometimes necessary to have help even with older kids. The caregiver’s primary function could have been driving her to various activities that she would otherwise not have been able to get to (i.e. dance class or cross country practice).

MOO

i would think this is especially true when the parents work shift work.

If the Mom was barricaded in the bathroom, I’m even more puzzled about that dining room chair that was removed as evidence. Looked like there may be blood on it and the ties around the chair were on the right rear and left front— not where a cushion would be tied. Possibly restraints?

Thoughts?

The restraints only works for me if dad came home and interrupted the crime. That he kicked the door in and was shot. Wish we knew what time he came home. But it does look like roles on the chair.

The restraints only works for me if dad came home and interrupted the crime. That he kicked the door in and was shot. Wish we knew what time he came home. But it does look like roles on the chair.

That is a very interesting take on things! I wonder if this could work with what is currently known....

Replying to my own post from last thread:
“This person thought they’d be able to gain entrance by simply knocking? Had this been someone after just Jayme, they could have went through a window or something. Not knock at the front door & make their presence known. Maybe they were trying to draw one of the parents outside? And when they realized that parent wasn’t coming out, they forced their way in?”
My point is this: The perp did NOT sneak quietly into the house...he/she/they made sure the dad saw them at the door. The dad did not willingly open the door, so the perp forced his way in, loudly, within earshot of neighbors.
It is (IMO) rare that a pedo is going to do something to bring attention to themselves during an attempted child abduction.
This is persona LE to ask if anyone has had a disagreement with this family tells me it is a high probability that the perp in THIS case is someone known to the family.
That’s my theory as I go along with the news that has come out today & I’m stickin to it, until something more comes out.

Also wanted to post this document for anyone interested in LE procedures in missing children’s cases.
http://www.missingkids.com/content/dam/ncmec/en_us/archive/documents/ncmecmodelpolicychild.pdf

MOO

Now that everybody else has moved on from the subject, I want to make a suggestion about the "caregiver". Cameron and Barron are 2 different school districts, I believe. I know that in many places they have open enrollment, but the child has to be staying with a relative within the school district in order to attend (and especially to get transportation). It's possible that she stayed part time with that relative when her parents were working and couldn't provide transportation, and stayed at home when there was someone there to give her a ride to and from school. When that relative moved out of the school district, it would mean she was no longer eligible to attend that school. I'm not sure how they do things in that area, but I know it is in a lot of places. MOO

It is now dark out and yet another night is here. I do hope Jayme is alive. I also hope that she thinks her parents were just hurt and isn't having to realize that she watched them get murdered. My heart hurts for this young girl. She is not street hardened and will really have to pull from deep inside herself to survive this both mentally and physically. Lord only knows what she has been subjected to already. I hope she knows that a whole nation is worried about her and pulling for her and looking for her.

We also have Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
Barron County Case Number 2011CV000231 Capital One Bank USA NA vs. Denise J Closs

Civil Judgment(s)
Type Debtor name Multiple debtors Amount Satisfaction Judgment status Date
Judgment for money Closs, Denise J No $14,466.57 Full Full satisfaction 10-24-2011

Now $14,466.57 is a LOT of money for that family, I am SURE. I'm not saying that this has anything to do with the murders, it's just that someone here suggested that perhaps the family had come into money lately. I'd say that the reverse is probably true. Paying off that sum would be a stretch for the Closses.
Noting "Full Satisfaction" of debt is dated 2011 or 7 years ago so that's not coming into money recently. MOO

Coming to the front door in the middle of the night, armed with a weapon, and looking to fight, is very personal.

They wanted a confrontation , face to face. It is not 'burglar' type behavior.
Yes, I'm starting to think the perp had some reason to be very angry and resentful towards one of the victims. Jmo

Adding to my idea of using the sniff dogs again, I know this would take a lot of dogs and have to be a surprise move, but have the dogs sniff each worker as they come into the plant. See if they can find Jayme's scent on someone working there. Not accusing the workers, just trying to cover all bases.

MODS please delete if not allowed.

Wouldn’t the police know who kicked the door in based on shoe marks etc? If the dad was found wearing shoes that matched, then they’d know what he walked into...

That is not actually accurate
1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.

Unit 329 was advised possible suicide attempt as was unit 656

no 329 advised dispatch of possible suicide then requested assistance.

read how the rest of the log is worded.

example
"[115 - 10/15/2018 01:07:23] 317 ADVISED THEY WOULD BE CLEARING THE HOUSE. LAW 1 CLEARED."

Last edited:
While I did not read every post of every thread while trying to catch up, I did skim all of them -

Was wondering if the neighbors had been home all night? I saw someone say something that led me to believe maybe they had just gotten home?

I see some familiar names but haven’t been back to WS since the first case that brought me here this summer. Apparently I’m back.
Not sure if that's been reported that they were out. In the interview with the neighbor, she states that they were awake when she heard the two gunshots. Possible they had been out earlier.
Welcome back. There's always those cases that draw us in, I agree.

When that relative moved out of the school district, it would mean she was no longer eligible to attend that school.
I think you've got it! A child can attend school where their daycare is too. If she was going to the caregiver's house before or after school, that would likely have qualified her for that district.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams