AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my amateur opinion, the two most important pieces of information that need to be obtained immediately are:

1. Who was she communicating with online
2. Who was she communicating with at the family gathering
3. Do one and two intersect?

Amateur opinion and speculation only

In my amateur opinion, the two most important pieces of information that need to be obtained immediately are:

1. Who was she communicating with online
2. Who was she communicating with at the family gathering
3. Do one and two intersect?

Quoting myself! ; )
One other thing....

I'm processing this revelation that the door was "kicked in". That is so Rambo. Something that is done during a rescue, or an arrest. It's a strong signature move. Really dwelling on this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Quoting myself! ; )
One other thing....

I'm processing this revelation that the door was "kicked in". That is so Rambo. Something that is done during a rescue, or an arrest. It's a strong signature move. Really dwelling on this.

It is. It also makes me wonder if the timing of the gunshots was off.

It doesn’t make sense to kick a door in, go in firing, then hang around for any length of time. This all makes sense if the time of the gunshots is off, but not so much if that information is correct.

It’s weird.

This is such a baffling case. I think , or it seems, that the purpose was to abduct the child. But why not just break in quietly and take her. Or grab her on her way to school or something?

Why come in raging at the front door, shooting and kicking it in? That seems like someone who was suddenly angered, enraged, and impulsively attacks the home.

I don't get it....

Yeah. I'm beginning to fear the worst.
I'm going to balance you out because I am still hoping for the best. : )
Here's why. You've got a small town with every citizen taking this personally. The locals are rallying together to bring their daughter home. And, you've got LE who are sharp and determined; I really like that Sheriff. A lot. Don't underestimate him just because it's a small town. Finally, we have the resources of the FBI on this. All those factors combined along with prayer....well I think this little princess has a fighting chance.

Let's get this sweetie girl home.

Jumping off of this. My apologies to all. Last night I was very skeptical of this report being cited in regards to the 911 call log. I didn’t buy it, because no other outlets were mentioning it.

Dead wrong.
I second that and apologize as well. I was quite relieved to see it cleared up this morning.
MOO

It is. It also makes me wonder if the timing of the gunshots was off.

It doesn’t make sense to kick a door in, go in firing, then hang around for any length of time. This all makes sense if the time of the gunshots is off, but not so much if that information is correct.

It’s weird.
Or, the neighbors did not hear all the gunshots. Very much unknown in the timeline of the crime itself. I really don't expect to get any clarification on this out of law enforcement.

I had to take a step back from the case for a few days, so I ended up missing the last two threads. Keeping Jayme and her surviving family in my thoughts. I was actually afraid what I might hear upon returning to the case, and I don't know how I feel that we apparently know little more than a few days ago. On the one hand, no bad news is a positive, but we still have so many unknowns and just because we don't have bad news yet doesn't mean we won't. At the same time, I still really hope that somehow, somewhere she's safe and that LE will be able to bring her home.

Based on the released dispatch, I again wonder if the gunshots were timed incorrectly by the neighbors. a 25 minute gap between that and the 911 call seems odd. I wonder if it was really 12:51 they heard the shots instead of 12:31, and they just read the 5 as a 3 by accident? I've read clocks wrong before, especially if I'm tired or focused on other things. Otherwise I wonder again if maybe the shots the neighbors heard were unrelated and it was someone shooting at some animal in their yard, and that the gun used in the crime might have had a silencer? - though one would think if someone had shot their gun around this time they'd have told law enforcement to help clarify things, maybe they didn't come forward out of fear? It's rough trying to put this puzzle together and I certainly don't envy LE. I have faith they're doing their best, but of course we all wish for a quick and happy resolution to this. Sometimes I wish real life were like TV and all cases could be solved within 60 minutes; the waiting is so stressful. I can't even imagine how Jayme's family and friends are feeling. My heart goes out to them.

I'm going to balance you out because I am still hoping for the best. : )
Here's why. You've got a small town with every citizen taking this personally. The locals are rallying together to bring their daughter home. And, you've got LE who are sharp and determined; I really like that Sheriff. A lot. Don't underestimate him just because it's a small town. Finally, we have the resources of the FBI on this. All those factors combined along with prayer....well I think this little princess has a fighting chance.

Let's get this sweetie girl home.

I too trust the investigators here. The issue is, what has happened, has happened.

If Jayme is in fact dead, which I think is more probable than not, then all they can do is find the person or persons responsible.

There doesn’t seem to be a trail right now, but if there is one, they will find it.

Quoting myself! ; )
One other thing....

I keep thinking about this as well - the door being kicked in. It just adds so much more of a sense of aggression and rage (or brutality, or...something) to a case that is already so disturbing and perplexing.

Not sure murdering two people would be wise if it were a matter of debt, much less kidnapping a teen. When mafia kills for debt, the point is to scare other debtors. This seems more personal. jmo

Let’s slow down and think a bit outside the box here for a minute. We assume this all went down around 12:30am as that’s when two gunshots were heard. Fair. But, I’m going to propose a different theory:
- jayme and mom were at the family function. What if someone entered the home while they were out? Maybe they came home and walked in to a horrific crime scene? If it went down like that who knows how’s long the attackers were in there before those two got home? Maybe jayme was taken bc she could identify someone? Police have said they don’t know how long mom and dad were dead for when they arrived. We assume someone died when the neighbor heard gunshots but we know now multiple rounds fired - maybe no one was killed as a result of those shots? Maybe the parents were already dead? Maybe police think JC was present when 911 was called as they may have heard her on the call in background?

Theory 2:
- what if mom and jayme were attacked in the car and brought an assailant or two home? Dad goes to answer the door bc they ring to try to give him a heads up and boom he gets shot. Maybe neighbors don’t hear the other multiple shots fired bc maybe they weren’t home when other shots rang out?

Bottom line:
Even if I’m way off in either theory: don’t assume the shots the neighbor heard are the fatal shots for anyone as they may not be. Police may know the deceased had been gone longer than say 4-5mins (rigor? Dried blood spatter? Partially dry?). There’s more we don’t know and I’m betting LE does have a decent idea of how things went down.

In the last thread, it was speculated that the perpetrator attacked Denise and Jayme, and then the father came home during the incident.

What have I missed? The 911 dispatch log says the male down had opened the door. I was out most of the day. Did I miss something? He couldn’t have walked in on things if he’s the one who had answered the door. Please enlighten me. TIA.

115 - 10/15/2018 01:05:19] 317 REQUESTED ERT BE PAGED OUT. ADVISED THE DOOR HAS BEEN KICKED IN. ADVISED THAT THE MALE WHO IS DOWN HAD ANSWERED THE DOOR. UNKNOWN IF ANYONE IS MISSING.
SENT ERT PAGE.”

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members