AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the Caretaker. If you research that term it is usually used when a person or family needs assistance due to illness, injury, mental illness, etc. Not being from Wisconsin, is any one aware of Caretaker being used any other way (as in housekeeper, babysitter), that this could mean.

This is such a baffling case. I think , or it seems, that the purpose was to abduct the child. But why not just break in quietly and take her. Or grab her on her way to school or something?

Why come in raging at the front door, shooting and kicking it in? That seems like someone who was suddenly angered, enraged, and impulsively attacks the home.

I don't get it....
I don't get it either.

This is such a baffling case. I think , or it seems, that the purpose was to abduct the child. But why not just break in quietly and take her. Or grab her on her way to school or something?

Why come in raging at the front door, shooting and kicking it in? That seems like someone who was suddenly angered, enraged, and impulsively attacks the home.

I don't get it....
Unless BOTH parents were out and Jayme was alone. Suspect(s) intentions are to abduct JC. Mom walks in, startles suspect(s). Dad comes later on knowing he'll be home, shoot him as he walks in the door, shoots mom and grabs JC.

We were discussing the new info about the 911 dispatch log

911 dispatch log: Call made from Denise's cell phone, door kicked in

Some people felt that the wording indicated that James had answered the door when LE arrived.

@rainynights posted this to clarify.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.

I’m not going to read too much into this. It’s essentially a raw and unfiltered account of what the first people on the scene encountered.

I really think this is a great mind set to have! Yes they are first responders and most of the time people take everything that is said 100% when they are first on scene calling into dispatch.

They too are humans and although they have been trained for different situations there will always be a call that they respond to that isnt what they expected at all. They try to process and get critical information out immediately to render aid but sometimes it can take a day or two to process everything.

This is just my expierence but I have responded to events that were not what we had expected. After responding reports are expected within the first 24 hours. Which I do that, but I also do a follow up report 48 hours after. I know some might believe to document everything ASAP so everything is still fresh in your brain. In my case and I can speak for a few others I have worked with who are all the same way after a few days to process all the information you have taken in and the response mode is off the shock has settled them things can be remembered more clearly.

Quoting myself! ; )
One other thing....

I'm processing this revelation that the door was "kicked in". That is so Rambo. Something that is done during a rescue, or an arrest. It's a strong signature move. Really dwelling on this.

Amateur opinion and speculation
It makes me think this has more to do with the parents than Jayme and that she could have been collateral damage.

I keep thinking about this as well - the door being kicked in. It just adds so much more of a sense of aggression and rage (or brutality, or...something) to a case that is already so disturbing and perplexing.

When I think of a door getting kicked in, two images come to mind immediately:

Drug raid
Rescuing a hostage

I would like to know if anyone in the families extended circle was known to be treated for PTSD, or mental illness. And not necessarily a veteran. I'd go looking there immediately, and after my earlier statement that I thought they were on the way to the Canadian interior, I'm changing my speculation. I think they are very close by in someone's basement. I hope the dogs have been deployed to track as I believe they were on foot most, if not all the time during the "rescue".

Amateur opinion and speculation only

I'm curious about the Caretaker. If you research that term it is usually used when a person or family needs assistance due to illness, injury, mental illness, etc. Not being from Wisconsin, is any one aware of Caretaker being used any other way (as in housekeeper, babysitter), that this could mean.
“Family caretaker” is a family member. So whoever was Jayme’s caretaker was a family member. Children and teens have them for mental/physical disabilities i think.

When I think of a door getting kicked in, two images come to mind immediately:

Drug raid
Rescuing a hostage

I would like to know if anyone in the families extended circle was known to be treated for PTSD, or mental illness. And not necessarily a veteran. I'd go looking there immediately, and after my earlier statement that I thought they were on the way to the Canadian interior, I'm changing my speculation. I think they are very close by in someone's basement. I hope the dogs have been deployed to track as I believe they were on foot most, if not all the time during the "rescue".

Amateur opinion and speculation only
Kicking in doors isn’t unique to military or law enforcement. It happens all the time with burglaries, robberies, and home invasion type crimes.

It’s possible that there is prior military experience, but it is by no means a requirement.

Were the parents having marital trouble? The reason I ask is in looking at their profiles, his shows "no phone numbers or addresses verified current as of 10/19/2018". Hers shows "1 address current as of 10/19/2018". The latest phone number for him is a sister. Or, it could be as simple as the phone and house are listed in her name. Looking for background info as to motive.

We think it was just her aunt who ran a daycare. No idea why they chose that term.

We all are. Right now it appears as though LE is completely lost, which is incredibly disturbing.

I know it's hard but keep the faith! LE never reveales all of their information to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I'm glad to see them continuing to release small details in the case to help keep Jayme's case front and center in regards to MSM!

Maybe just a matter of semantics for Jayme's sake. Babysitter is more of a juvenile term. The family referred to person as caretaker instead so she wouldn't feel like her friends would make fun. Just a thought and jmo.

Last edited:
It is. It also makes me wonder if the timing of the gunshots was off.

It doesn’t make sense to kick a door in, go in firing, then hang around for any length of time. This all makes sense if the time of the gunshots is off, but not so much if that information is correct.

It’s weird.

It could be that the shots heard by the neighbor were from the initial entry into the house. Father shot twice by the door from perp standing at the threshold of the door. This would account for "multiple shell casings" being reported before the report came in of the mom being found. Perp enters house, rounds up mom and Jayme. At that point a number of things could have happened. Finally call to 911 made, perp notices this, ends call and ,realizing he is out of time, shoots mom and leaves with Jayme. The shooting of the mom occurred deep in the house and was not heard by neighbor.

I know it's hard but keep the faith! LE never reveales all of their information to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I'm glad to see them continuing to release small details in the case to help keep Jayme's case front and center in regards to MSM!
Yeah. I don’t blame them one bit. It’s just sometimes you get a case that doesn’t lend itself to a quick resolution. It’s not like they get to pick and choose.

I keep thinking about this as well - the door being kicked in. It just adds so much more of a sense of aggression and rage (or brutality, or...something) to a case that is already so disturbing and perplexing.
Also the risk of adding extra noise at a time of night (around 12h30am) where things are usually quiet and the sound of a door being kicked in would attract attention. Its not as though the door being kicked in sounds like a car backfiring or a gun going off to scare a wild coyote. JMO. So odd...

“Family caretaker” is a family member. So whoever was Jayme’s caretaker was a family member. Children and teens have them for mental/physical disabilities i think.
Or, JC needed someone to pick her up after school and stay with her, take her afterschool activities, make dinner, etc. If her parents are both working, she might have needed to stay with someone until her parents got off work.

We really don't know what role the "caretaker" did.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member