AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H
I’m guessing that they needed to verify and contact family to make sure she wasn’t with them before sounding the alarm. I’m guessing that’s one of the ways they got the amber alert. To be able to factually state that they had no knowledge of where she was and they left no stone unturned.
Hi Natalie, well yes that’s what I’m saying. It would have taken some time for them to determine someone was missing, but everything g I’ve ever seen, read and heard states that LE came to the house, discovered two people deceased and Jayme missing. I always wondered how would they know that right away.

Another question.... LE says they know that Jayme was present at the time of the murders. How do they know that?

Oh my goodness.... Is that a homicide report with three suspects names on it ?...The male name is very victim familiar.
I thought it was people involved meaning first responders, volunteers, or other emergency personnel.. jmo

was wondering about the 2 other addresses that the police were dispatched to (listed on the 911 Dispatch, one at 3:27 another at 4:19). [...]Anyone know who or why?
Totally my guess, but I was thinking they went to relatives' houses to notify them in person of their loss, and to check whether JC might be sleeping over.

If Jayme had some type of online or phone use contact with a boy- or man-friend, it seems likely that LE (local and/or FBI) has been aware of this person since early on, because in the absence of other information from the home scene, any computers and phones would have been among the first to be investigated thoroughly. Such investigations likely would not have taken long. If they turned up a name, what might be their reasons for keeping it quiet?

Has LE ever confirmed (or has it been reported) that Jayme has her own phone? I recall LE stating that they had recovered the phone that placed the 911 call, and the release of the dispatch logs strongly suggests that the recovered phone was Denise's (although she may or may not have placed the 911 call). If Jayme does have a phone, I'm not certain they've recovered it, which means that they may only be working with anything backed up on the cloud or synced to a computer or another backup device.

I'm not certain James and Denise would give Jayme her own phone fresh out of the gate. Most couples I know with kids start with sharing devices to see how responsibly the kids use it. I know we've seen many photos of Jayme with a phone, but could that have been her mother's phone or a device that would work with wifi, but without cell service (a Touch or an old phone)? I bet that someone in her life would see fit to give her a hand-me-down device at some point, and if it's a wifi-only device, it would make her electronic footprint more difficult to track.

If her parents gave her a phone/device, they likely monitored her use ... but I'd also guess that Jayme's friends would know how to circumvent monitoring, or she could easily google it. That would make Jayme a normal 13-year-old.

I'll also mention that sometimes kids who are shy and quiet in person find it easier to communicate online / virtually / electronically than they do in real life.

Seriously people.. Dad was found first (Jim) then mom five minutes later (Denise) there are no other victims outside of Jim Closs and Denise Closs. I am so confused by dialogue. You have a nip or two?

RBBM

LOL, I would like to, as I had minor surgery today.

Seriously, we can't make strong statements such as so and so did it, without any concrete proof. Once LE makes a statement, and someone is charged with the crime, then we can discuss it.

Question for our psychologists, etc here, hope I can word my thoughts clearly:

What kind of immediate specific psychological responses would Jayme be experiencing had she witnessed her parents murders and/ or seen them dying/dead. I’m asking this in regards to immediate effects of PTSD on a child and what her specific current mental state might be after such shock and trauma (would there be detachment, etc...). Sorry having a hard time explaining my question, I hope you get the gist. I’m basically asking what we could expect from Jayme mentally right now while possibly being in captivity after witnessing the death of her parents. Of course fear, etc but more specifically how does a child react to such trauma? I’m sure it’s different in every situation?

And how might these traumatic effects affect her actions and ability to stay strong and sharp under captivity, of this is the case?

Last edited:

Attachments

• FF4AB2AA-D349-45E3-834F-BB8687E5D7AE.png
    FF4AB2AA-D349-45E3-834F-BB8687E5D7AE.png
    539.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 3CF39DD9-8BAE-46CA-8456-FA539482A691.jpeg
    3CF39DD9-8BAE-46CA-8456-FA539482A691.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 177
  • EAC4F376-FF40-4095-A780-D6F31A38BD42.png
    EAC4F376-FF40-4095-A780-D6F31A38BD42.png
    565.6 KB · Views: 146
Hey guys this is my first post. I read in the last thread or so that many people were confused about why she may have switched schools to be with her caregiver. I would like to give my insight and opinion on that

As a 20 year old female, i can relate to jayme a lot. The way people have described her reminds me a lot of myself. Shy and quiet, yet sweet and thoughtful. Around Jaymes age is when I started to develop anxiety, and i believe thay contributed a lot of be being pretty shy. Anyways, as i was a shy girl, i was a pretty easy target when it came to bullying. Due to all the bullying and anxiety i was going through at school, i used to beg my mom to switch schools. We couldn’t afford a private school and I couldnt go to another public school unless i lived in that town or school district. My parents were divorced, and my dad lived in another town. Luckily because of my dad, i was able to transfer schools to the town he lived in, even though he did not have custody of me at the time.

So i was possibly thinking that she might of wanted to switch schools possibly to bullying? Especially around jaymes age is where bullying is at its highest, in my personal experience. And because she had a caregiver that lived in another school district, they used that as a reason to switch to a different school district. Another possible reason she could have a caregiver is if she has anxiety. However i could be completely wrong on all of this.
I'm glad you were able to transfer schools and find a better environment. There are no known reports that Jayme was having problems. At age 13 - are many after school and/or extracurricular activities for her to be involved in and I believe she was dependent on the caregiver/family helper for transportation, meals, etc because her parents jobs were subject to shifts. Jayme was reportedly involved in cross country, and dance class since she was very young. It also looks like the family lived off a state hwy or rural area, and not a neighborhood in town within walking distance of her activities. I don't find it odd whatsoever that Jayme had after school care, and it makes me very sad that her parents appeared to take every precaution for their child, and yet she was witness to this horrific crime. Great post and Welcome to Websleuths!

I have been off and on all day so forgive me if this has been brought up. If it is true DC was found in the bathroom. I wonder if her and JC barricaded themselves in there and the murderer kicked in the door killing the mother and taking JC. Idk I'm just so haunted by this whole nightmare. The poor little girl, and my god what a horrible way to die knowing your daughter was in danger. Just a pure nightmare.

I have been wondering this from the beginning and have neve seen it addressed. When LE came to the house, responding to the 911 call, how would they know if anyone was missing at all? Are you saying it took 3 hours before they knew there was a 13 year old daughter missing? Honestly that makes sense to me, given the very early morning hour and no one to immediately ask/interview...no family members or close neighbors... not until later on that morning.
Wouldn't they realize someone was missing from her room and bed? How do we know it took 3 hours? Could that be the time it took to get out the Amber Alert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member