AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is wonderful to know.

I hope and pray wherever sweet Jayme is she can stay strong relying on her deep faith in God to get through what she may be endurig.

Elizabeth Smart said it was her deep faith in God that sustained her during all of the months she was being held captive and horribly abused.

Imo

And if Jayme is currently being abused and held in captivity, she not only is dealing with but ALSO the death of her parents, possibly murdered right in front of her.. Too much for any person to handle.

Sending her all the strength possible.

Missing Jayme Closs Was Home When Abductor Shot Her Parents Dead, Source Claims
By Radar Staff
Posted on Oct 19, 2018 @ 8:05AM

[...]
“There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com. [BBM]
[...]
“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

It’s unclear what happened to Jayme when her parents were shot, but the FBI source said she was home during the altercation.
[...]

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? ...

ETA: Please consider the source of this information, and that no other MSM has reported this information.

Are you saying or implying, then, that at midnight or shortly thereafter, 13 year old Jayme was not at home?
If you are thinking this, where do you believe she was?

How restraining would being tied to a 10 pound item be? Even for a 13 year old, that chair weighs no more than a backpack full of school books. I've seen keys to gas-station men's rooms tethered to items heavier than that chair.

Of course. But even if someone could pick up the chair while restrained to it, how far/fast could they run while attached to the chair?

Like I have said previously, nothing about this case makes sense. So I am just floating ideas.

It bothers me that the perp left the casings behind. The perp may have been too rushed or not considered the casings. I would know how many shots I had fired and I would want to take them with me and not leave them for LE. Leaving the casings says to me that this may have been a last ditch effort in a crumbling life. The perp may be someone with nothing left to lose, so they are living out a fantasy of abducting JLC and the end will be murder/suicide. Just a gut reaction to leaving the brass...

On a better note, advances in forensics have led to at least two new processes where partial fingerprints or skin cell DNA can potentially be retrieved from spent casings. I hope LE can find something there!

It makes me think he left bullet casings behind because he knows he has no personal connection to this family.

Which will make it not only harder to solve but to find the weapon involved.

Cases where the suspect has no personal connections or link to the victims are the hardest cases of all for police to solve.

Hopefully he may have left fingerprints in the home that may already be in CODIS. It will take some time for them to get the results back.

If they have found any fingerprints in the blood on the walls etc. of either victims DNA or comingled.. those can only be made if he was there at the time they were being murdered while their blood was still wet.

Jmo

Apologies if this has been answered (I'm trying to keep up) but has it been discussed why the mother was barricaded in the bathroom, on the phone, and Jayme could be heard -- was Jayme in the bathroom barricaded with her mom, or somewhere else in the house? If Jayme was not barricaded in the bathroom, but maybe in her bedroom or another room, why did her mom go into the bathroom, and not to Jayme?

I don't put much stock in this report of the bathroom but since we don't know the house layout it would be hard to speculate on why Denise would end up in the bathroom (if she did). Was it a bathroom inside their master bedroom? Could she have gone in there because the perp came into her bedroom and it was either run into a closet or run into the bathroom while he burst in the bedroom door? Was there a window in the bathroom that she was maybe hoping to try to get out of? Where is Jayme's room in relation to the master bedroom or the bathroom that Denise was in (if she was in there)? Some houses have a split layout where the master is on one side and the kids rooms are on the other side of the house with kitchen and living room in the middle.

We don't know the floor plan. We also don't know that it was Denise who called 911, just that her phone was used. If the perp came in with the goal of taking out the parents first and then takign Jayme, he may have gone right to Denise/the parents bedroom, then Jayme may have had time to get her mom's phone and hide. Maybe the perp found her just as she dialed and background noise was him trying to drag her out and her fighting. Maybe they struggled for the length of the call before he got the phone out of her pocket and hung up. I hope there are fingerprints on the phone from the perp. JMO.

By Radar Staff
Posted on Oct 19, 2018 @ 8:05AM

[...]
“There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation,” an FBI source exclusively told RadarOnline.com. [BBM]
[...]
“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the dispatcher before being killed.

It’s unclear what happened to Jayme when her parents were shot, but the FBI source said she was home during the altercation.
[...]

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline.com? ...

ETA: Please consider the source of this information, and that no other MSM has reported this information.

But Tricia says that radaronline is now considered as mainstream media....

Dear Everyone,

I've decided to allow Radaronline.com to be used as a mainstream media source. Yes there are times when Radaronline.com is gossipy and wrong. However, they do have great interviews when it comes to true crime. They can find out things that no other source can find. I believe they pay people for their stories so that's probably why.

www.radaronline.com is now considered a usable media source.

I'm closing the thread down for the night because the alerts have been out of control. I have never seen this type of alert frenzy on Websleuths. We are going to have to figure out how to stop everyone from alerting at the same time.

We will open a new thread in the morning.

G'night,

Tricia

It has not been verified by LE as to what type of gun it was so we don't know if they were shell casings or bullet casings that were left behind.

They had killed twice. Taking a hostage is a lot of work. Too much work unless the hostage is the reason for the home invasion and Jayme the target.

Yes I agree there would be no need to keep Jayme alive unless she was the reason for the home invasion. I don't think she was a 'second thought'.

Agreed.
Now, why Jayme?
Perhaps she was targeted because she was an only child, so easier to abduct once the parents were taken out of the way, and she was the age the unsub was looking for.
As for why this didn’t take place when she had less supervision or when her parents weren’t around, she may never have been left alone, which is why she had a caretaker.
I keep thinking the disorganized yet brazen nature of this crime points to a meth user, maybe one who had recently become aware of this innocent young lady and her family.

The entire article is misleading, including the title. There is no new information concerning whether or not they think she is alive. It is obvious that they are using the Sheriffs original statement to make it look like it has just been revealed according to their exclusive insider who only revealed it to them. The neighbor is the other source. Why would LE reveal inside information to the neighbor? Is she involved in the investigation?

I agree with you 100%, MsB. I don't for one minute believe LE would be sharing information regarding the investigation to anyone outside of their department- especially to a neighbor with no confirmed ties to the family, the investigation, or the department itself. I have seen the exact opposite when the Sheriff is giving a press release. He has indicated over and over again that there are certain facts he cannot release to protect the investigation, and information should not be believed if it hasn't come from his podium. He (and all LE working on the case) appear to be very professional and committed to finding Jayme.

Here is another reason I don't give much credence to articles posted by RadarOnline (found at the bottom of the article):

We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story for RadarOnline? Email us at xxxxxxxxxxx, or call us at (*advertiser censored*) ON-RADAR (*advertiser censored*-xxxx) any time, day or night.

:

If Jayme was the motive, the perp is someone who either felt the parents were keeping them apart (romantically or otherwise) and the only solution was to kill them, or the perp is someone who thinks he was protecting her from them by killing them. I don't think they restrained anyone. If it turns out they did, then Jayme wasn't the motive. JMO

Yes, it's the dreaded "troubled teen" question we can't rule out unfortunately.

And I don’t think they kept her alive.

TK just came to mind.

Here is a perp who went in a motorcycle store and shot 4 people.

Years later he abducts a woman (killing the Bf) and keeps her alive chained in a storage container.

So maybe we are dealing with someone like this, multiple MOs.

(Link for reference:
Todd Kohlhepp - Wikipedia )

Something different . . . JC didn’t have much activity / content on his FB page. What did jump out at me was that he described himself as Former TopDog Moto Reinhard. His email ID is listed as /james.closs.3. I did a search for that ID and found that same ID on a German enthusiast (moto) site he was registered to (but now I can’t find it again, dammitall!). I did note that the registration was within the last five years so I’m going with he was still a BIG enthusiast. Moto Reinhard is hybrid vs the majority Harley prevalent in WI. Who knows what Former TopDog means? Does he speak German? When / how did he ever associate / work for/with Moto Reinhard? Any biker folks want to take a run at that?

Does Jayme have an Instagram account? I guess not, huh? I haven't seen it mentioned. I'm sure it would have been by now if she did.

Let's for a moment rule out child abduction since you really don't need to bust down a door and shoot parents to abduct a child. So what are we left with? Robbery? If I was going to rob a house I think I would scope it out for people NOT at home and I wouldn't bust down a door (too loud) and carry a shotgun (an additional crime). So let's for a moment rule that out as well.

IMO somebody wanted the parent or parents dead. So why not kill the child as well....rather than risk leaving a witness alive?

<modsnip - not victim friendly> Maybe hangs around with not nice friends (perhaps older teens?) the parents don't approve of ? A troubled teen? (so she must attend the religious classes mentioned?). THIS could be why the radar online reports a source who thinks she is alive? There's just SO MUCH we do NOT know!
I so agree with you. The motive is quite obviously violence and rage, but rage against who? I can’t put together anything with Jayme’s involvement in any capacity that makes a bit of sense but this: object of the rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli